Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc. did recently publish one of the much-awaited realistic free-to-play third-person battle action gundam games called ‘Mobile Suit Gundam Battle Operation 2’. It’s based on the “Mobile Suit Gundam” lineup of the Universal Century by B.B.STUDIO CO., LTD. Though the title has received quite a popularity, it does have some issues with server (peer-to-peer) connectivity. Thus, plenty of players are experiencing the Mobile Suit Gundam Battle Operation 2 Failed Matchmaking Error.
Most of the time, online matchmaking or multiplayer connectivity failed errors arise due to some technical issues that we can’t deny. It’s a never-ending state for multiplayer titles for so many years which can occur due to several potential reasons such as internet connection issues, an outdated game version, conflicts with the missing game files, a temporary glitch with the system, issues with the VPN service, networking driver-related issues, and more can trouble you a lot.
- Fix: Mobile Suit Gundam Battle Operation 2 Failed Matchmaking Error
Fix: Mobile Suit Gundam Battle Operation 2 Failed Matchmaking Error
Luckily, here we’ve shared with you a couple of workarounds below that should come in handy. It’s highly recommended to follow all methods one by one until the problem has been fixed. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Reboot the PC or Console
First of all, you should have to restart your PC after closing all foreground running applications so that the system can refresh any kind of temporary glitches or cache data. Some users did find this trick helpful so you can also do it. You can move to the next method if restarting the PC won’t help.
2. Check the Internet Connection
You should also try checking out the internet connection at your end to ensure there is no issue with a poor or unstable network. If the internet connection isn’t working well then ensure to switch the wired network to wireless or vice versa. Otherwise, you can try performing the power cycle method on a Wi-Fi router to refresh the connectivity.
3. Retry Matchmaking Multiple Times
Sometimes initial conflicts with the matchmaking to the game servers online might occur that you may encounter. It’s better to retry the matchmaking process multiple times to check if the problem has been fixed or not. A couple of affected players did mention that retrying several times has fixed the issue.
4. Update Networking Drivers
An outdated networking driver on the computer can also cause several issues with the online server connectivity. It’s better to check for the networking driver update on the PC and install the same by following the steps below.
- Right-click on the Start Menu to open Quick Link Menu.
- Click on Device Manager from the list.
- Now, double-click on the Network Adapters.
- Right-click on the networking device > Select Update driver.
- Choose Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, it’ll automatically download and install the latest version.
- Once done, make sure to reboot your computer to change the effects.
5. Check for the Game Update
We should also recommend you check the game update manually to avoid potential glitches on your PC or PlayStation that can come with the outdated game version. An outdated game patch version mostly triggers bugs or stability issues that can be fixed by following the steps below.
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on Mobile Suit Gundam Battle Operation 2 from the left pane.
- Steam will automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, click on Update.
- Make sure to wait for some time until the update completes.
- Once done, ensure to reboot the PC to apply changes.
- From the home menu, open the game Library.
- Choose the Mobile Suit Gundam Battle Operation 2 game.
- Press the Options button > Select Check for Update.
- If there is an update available, make sure to install the update.
6. Verify and Repair the Game Files
Sometimes missing or corrupted game files might trigger several issues that can be frustrating enough with the game launching or matchmaking error. You can follow the steps below to do so:
- Launch the Steam client > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Mobile Suit Gundam Battle Operation 2 from the list.
- Click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Wait for this process to complete.
- Once done, reboot the PC to apply changes.
7. Check the Server Status
You should also check out the official @GBO2EN Twitter handle to ensure there is no issue with the Mobile Suit Gundam Battle Operation 2 servers at that moment. Sometimes conflicts with the server downtime or outage can trouble in matchmaking online. If multiple players have started reporting the server connectivity issue then the chances are high that you’re also facing the same kind of problem. In that case, make sure to wait for a couple of hours and then try checking the issue again. Otherwise, skip to the next method.
8. Disable VPN or Proxy
Try turning off VPN (Virtual Private Network) or Proxy server manually at your end whether you’re using it on the PC/Console or Wi-Fi Router temporarily. Though VPNs or Proxy servers allow users to connect to online services or access geo-restricted content, they can eventually lose connectivity to the servers or increases higher ping latency.
9. Clear the Game Data on PlayStation
It seems that deleting the installed game-saved data on the PS4/PS5 console can also fix several issues with the game launching or matchmaking connectivity whatsoever. You should try performing this method to check for the issue.
- Go to Settings > Select Application Saved Data Management.
- Choose either System Storage or Online Storage or USB Storage > Select Delete.
- Select the Mobile Suit Gundam Battle Operation 2 game > Check the files that you want to delete or just Select All.
- Select Delete > Select OK to confirm the task.
- Once done, reboot your console to check for the issue again.
10. Reinstall the Game
If none of the methods worked for you, try uninstalling and then reinstalling the Mobile Suit Gundam Battle Operation 2 game on your PC or PlayStation to ensure there is no issue with the game installation directory. Some affected players did find this method useful. So, you should try it out.
- Launch the Steam client on your computer.
- Now, go to Library > Right-click on Mobile Suit Gundam Battle Operation 2.
- Head over to Manage > Select Uninstall.
- If prompted, click Uninstall again and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
- Once done, simply restart the PC to apply changes.
- Finally, launch Steam, and reinstall Mobile Suit Gundam Battle Operation 2 on a different drive using the same Steam account to check if the problem is still bothering you or not.
- You’re good to go.
Uninstalling and Reinstalling the game or application might help you in fixing some issues as well as conflicts if you’re having server connectivity issues. Don’t worry, you won’t lose access to deleted games. So, you can re-download your purchased game application from your game library whenever you like.
- Go to the Settings menu from the home screen.
- Then choose Storage > Select Games and Apps.
- Select Delete Content > Choose the data you want to remove.
- Next, select Delete > Wait for the Mobile Suit Gundam Battle Operation 2 game to get uninstalled.
- Then reboot the console > Go to the Games menu > Select Game Library.
- Scroll to the Your Collection tab and Reinstall the Mobile Suit Gundam Battle Operation 2 game again.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.