MultiVersus is one of the newly released free-to-play crossover animated characters fighting video games by Player First Games and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. It offers plenty of various characters from Warner Bros., DC Comics, HBO, Cartoon Network, and more. Though the title is doing really well in terms of the gaming experience and multiplayer mode, some unlucky players are still encountering the MultiVersus Connection Lost Issue quite often.
Now, if you’re also one of the victims to face the same issue then don’t worry because here we’ve shared with you a couple of possible workarounds that should come in handy. Whenever players are trying to get into the multiplayer mode or you can say trying to join the game, the specific error appears. It says “Connection Lost – You have lost your connection to the internet. Try checking your networking settings.” to the affected MultiVersus players.
- How to Fix MultiVersus Connection Lost Issue
- 1. Check MultiVersus Server Status
- 2. Check your Internet Connection
- 3. Try Using Mobile Hotspot
- 4. Update the MultiVersus game
- 5. Verify and Repair Game Files
- 6. Disable Antivirus Protection
- 7. Disable Windows Firewall
- 8. Delete the SaveGames Folder and Set Age Limit Above 18
- 9. Use a Public DNS
- 10. Don’t Use VPN
- 11. Reinstall the MultiVersus game
- 12. Contact WB Games Support
How to Fix MultiVersus Connection Lost Issue
The chances are high that even though players are having a proper internet connection, MultiVersus connectivity error is still appearing due to server downtime or outage in some regions. Whereas there is a common issue among all online multiplayer video games that the overloaded number of active players at the same time may put huge pressure on the game servers and the connection lost error can occur multiple times.
Whereas MultiVersus is quite new in the market that means there might be a couple of potential bugs and stability issues present. Though developers are trying hard to fix most issues via patch updates and server maintenance, you still might experience some unexpected issues in some cases. Additionally, the poor internet connection, issues with the DNS address, outdated game version, corrupted or missing game files, antivirus blocking issues, etc can cause it.
1. Check MultiVersus Server Status
First of all, you should cross-check if your game server is running fine or not because a server outage or the maintenance process may trouble you a lot. If in case, your game server isn’t operational or active then make sure to wait for a couple of hours and try running the game again. You can visit the official MultiVersus Twitter page to check for the player reports, latest updates, and other info. If there is no issue, you can jump into the next method below.
2. Check your Internet Connection
Make sure to properly check the internet connection at your end because poor or unstable network connectivity can trigger the server joining issue on the game or streaming content online. It’s better to try switching the wired (ethernet) connection to Wi-Fi (wireless) or vice versa to ensure there is no issue with your network. Additionally, you can contact your ISP to get further technical assistance on the connectivity issue.
In some cases, power cycling your Wi-Fi router will refresh the network connectivity glitch. Just power off the router and unplug the power cable from it. Then wait for a minute and plug back the power cable in. Then turn on the router and check if the problem is still bothering you or not.
3. Try Using Mobile Hotspot
You can also try using the mobile hotspot and connect your PC to it. Then run the MultiVersus game to check for the server connectivity issue. Though you may face an internet speed issue with the mobile hotspot, you can confirm if the game runs fine or not.
4. Update the MultiVersus game
Sometimes issues with the outdated game version on the PC may cause several conflicts with the game launching, in-game performance, and so on. It’s better to check for the game update and install the same whenever available. To do so:
- Open Steam > Go to Library.
- Click on MultiVersus from the list of installed games.
- Steam will automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, click on Update.
- Wait for a couple of minutes or so to complete the game update.
- Once done, ensure to close the Steam client.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes, and check for the issue.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Head over to Library.
- Now, click on the three dots icon next to MultiVersus.
- Make sure the Auto Update option is turned on.
5. Verify and Repair Game Files
It’s also recommended to verify and repair the installed game files on the PC to resolve corrupted or missing game files. You can follow the steps below to do so:
- Launch the Steam client > Click on Library.
- Right-click on MultiVersus from the list of installed games.
- Click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Select Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Wait for a while to complete the verification process.
- Once done, make sure to restart your computer.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Click on Library.
- Click on the three-dots icon next to MultiVersus.
- Click on Verify > Wait for the process to complete and restart the launcher.
6. Disable Antivirus Protection
Make sure to disable the Windows Defender or third-party antivirus program on your PC to allow the game file to run properly. Mostly an aggressive antivirus protection feature can block game files to run or ongoing files to connect online. To disable it:
- Press the Windows + I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Click on Update & Security > Click on Windows Security from the left pane.
- Now, click on the Open Windows Security button.
- Go to Virus & threat protection > Click on Manage settings.
- Just turn off the Real-time protection toggle. (If asked, click on Yes)
Please Note: If you’re using a third-party antivirus software then make sure to turn off the real-time protection feature.
7. Disable Windows Firewall
You should also try disabling the Windows Firewall protection on your PC so that third-party programs can run properly without getting blocked. To do so:
- Click on the Start menu > Type Firewall.
- Select Windows Defender Firewall from the search result.
- Click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the left pane.
- Select the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) option for both the Private & Public Network Settings.
- Once selected, click on OK to save changes.
- Finally, restart your PC to apply changes.
8. Delete the SaveGames Folder and Set Age Limit Above 18
Another way to fix the MultiVersus Connection Lost error is to simply delete the SaveGames folder from the installed game directory on the PC. Sometimes corrupted save game data can trouble a lot. To do this:
- Go to the Start menu and search %appdata%.
- Click on AppData > Go to the Local folder.
- Open the MultiVersus folder > Go to the Saved folder.
- Now, Delete the SaveGames folder.
- Once done, launch the MultiVersus game again.
- Finally, go through the initial process, and set an ‘Above 18’ Age Limit whenever asked. Because lower than Age 18 can block the game to connect to the server automatically.
9. Use a Public DNS
The chances are high that somehow your DNS address specified by the service provider isn’t able to connect to the game server due to some conflicts. It’s better to use a public DNS address like Google DNS which does have wide accessibility across the globe. Several affected players did find this method useful. So, you can try it out.
- Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Type ncpa.cpl and click on OK to open Network Connections.
- Now, right-click on your active network adapter > Click on Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) > Click on Properties.
- Click to select Use the following DNS server addresses.
- Now, enter 220.127.116.11 for the Preferred DNS server and 18.104.22.168 for the Alternate DNS server.
- Once done, click on OK to save changes.
- Finally, restart your PC to apply changes, and run the MultiVersus game to check for the issue.
10. Don’t Use VPN
You should avoid using VPN services or proxy servers to connect to the game server. The primary reason is that using a VPN service will let you connect to a different region server but it’ll also increase the ping latency so the game server connectivity and online gameplay get affected badly. So, before launching the MultiVersus game, you should turn off VPN.
11. Reinstall the MultiVersus game
If none of the methods worked for you then make sure to uninstall and reinstall the MultiVersus game by following the steps below. We know that it’s not the best method to fix an issue but there is nothing to do except for this when you have already tried out the above methods.
- Open Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on MultiVersus > Select Manage.
- Click on Uninstall and follow the on-screen instructions to complete it.
- Once done, reboot the PC to apply changes.
- Finally, open the Steam client, and Reinstall the MultiVersus game. [This time you should select a different drive to install it]
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Start the Epic Games Launcher > Click on Library.
- Click on the three dots icon of the MultiVersus game.
- Now, click on Uninstall, and wait for it to complete.
- Once done, close the Epic Games Launcher, and reboot the PC.
- Finally, open the Epic Games Launcher, and try installing MultiVersus again. [This time you should select a different drive to install it]
12. Contact WB Games Support
Still, the connectivity error is persistent at your end? Well, you should contact WB Games Support for further assistance. It’s recommended to create a support ticket for the same so that developers can investigate it properly.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.