With technological advancement, some common issues also arrive on our smartphones quite often. Sometimes an issue may arise where the smartphone user can’t see the screen. According to many users on the OnePlus forum, the OnePlus 10 Pro screen automatically goes black, and the device doesn’t respond. This might be due to hardware or software failure. You can fix this issue by performing a hard reset or booting into safe mode.
OnePlus finally launched its new flagship device, the OnePlus 10 Pro, with Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC equipped with a 120Hz AMOLED display. The device comes with triple rear cameras, a 48 MP Sony IMX789 primary sensor, an f/1.8 lens OIS, and a hole-punch display design. Therefore, after buying this device, if you face the OnePlus 10 Pro won’t turn on or boot loop issue. If yes, then this guide is for you. This tutorial will help you fix the OnePlus 10 Pro that won’t turn on the issue.
This is quite unusual for smartphones and even for flagship-grade premium smartphones. Sometimes, any system file or software crashes or conflicts with third-party apps. That may cause the device unresponsive. First of all, we eagerly wait for system updates, and once the update is available, we jump into it. That’s a bad idea to keep your device up-to-date. You should wait for the stable updates and check out the update changelog.
OnePlus 10 Pro Device Overview:
The OnePlus 10 Pro features a 6.7-inch QHD+ LTPO(2nd generation) display with a resolution of 1440 x 3216 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. It is a 120 Hz refresh rate panel. It has a peak brightness of 1300 nits along with support for HDR 10+ content. Under the hood, we have the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen1 built on a 4nm manufacturing process. It is an octa-core processor with one Cortex-X2 core clocked at 3.00 GHz, three Cortex-A710 cores clocked at 2.5 GHz and four Cortex-A510 cores clocked at 1.8 GHz. For handling the graphics-intensive tasks, we have the Adreno 730.
Coming to the optics, we get a 48MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.8 lens, an 8MP telephoto sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens, and a 50MP ultrawide sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens. The ultrawide lens has an impressive field of view of 150 degrees. At the front, we get a 32MP sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens. The rear camera setup is capable of recording 8K videos at 30fps, while the front camera is limited to 1080p video recording.
There are three storage options of this smartphone: 128GB internal storage + 8GB RAM, 256GB internal storage + 8GB RAM, and 256GB internal storage + 12GB RAM. In terms of communications, we get Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, NFC, and USB Type-C 3.1. And in terms of sensors, we get an under-display fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, and color spectrum. There is a 5,000 battery powering this smartphone that supports 80W wired charging and 50W wireless charging. The smartphone is available in two color options: Black and Green.
Steps to fix a OnePlus 10 Pro won’t turn on the issue.
Some other issues may cause your device to turn on the ‘screen won’t turn on the issue’. That may also happen due to the device bootloader failure. But don’t worry about it. OnePlus forum and support team is quite active, and you will get service center support as well if required. That doesn’t mean the OnePlus 10 Pro or other OnePlus devices are not good. Probably, OnePlus devices are the best devices in terms of specifications and price tag.
There are a few ways to fix the issue on your device, which are mentioned below:
Boot into Safe mode:
If you have installed any virus or malware-infected third-party app, it can mess with the display drivers in your smartphone. This can happen anytime and can be easily fixed via booting into the safe mode. After rebooting into the safe mode, your device screen will turn on again. Here are the steps:
- Long press the power key button on your device.
- You will see a message “Reboot to safe mode” option. Confirm it by tapping on the Ok button.
- Now, let the device reboot itself in safe mode. You will see a safe mode symbol at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- After successfully rebooting into safe mode, delete the infected app or file causing this issue.
Clear Cache and Data on your OnePlus Phone
Sometimes this issue can arise due to a misconfiguration on your device by a third-party app. There may be some cache issues, which can be fixed easily.
- Turn off your OnePlus 10 Pro by pressing the power button and selecting shut down.
- Press and hold the Volume Up + Power + Home buttons simultaneously until the Android logo appears.
- Use the volume buttons to scroll down to navigate the ‘Wipe Cache Partition. [This won’t delete your data]
- Use the power button to select the wipe cache partition and confirm.
- Scroll to reboot the system and press the power button again to confirm.
- Now, wait for a few seconds to reboot your device normally.
If any of the mentioned steps aren’t working for you, try force reboot for once.
- Press and hold the power button for 10 to 15 seconds to perform a Force Reboot.
- Once the logo lights up the screen and the phone vibrates, release your fingers.
- Now, wait for the device to boot into the system normally.
Phone Reboot While Charging
Sometimes, we can’t notice or understand the actual issue, whether minor or major. If your device screen doesn’t turn on usually, try to charge your phone.
- Plugin your device charger and wait for at least 15-20 minutes to charge the device.
- Then don’t unplug the charger. Leave it and press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds.
- Your device will boot up again, and all will be fine.
Factory Reset your Device
Suppose the ways mentioned above do not apply to your device. Please note that the factory reset of your device will bring it back to the factory state and delete all the internal data and settings. So, take a complete backup of your device and then try the fix.
- Go to the Settings menu > navigate the Backup & Reset option.
- Tap on the Factory data reset option and tap on Reset Phone to confirm.
- Now, wait for the complete factory reset process.
- Your device will boot into the system again like a new one.
Otherwise, you should consider checking your device with the service center. There may be some major issue with your display or other hardware.
I hope this guide will help you whenever it is needed. Make sure to check your device battery as well. Feel free to comment down below.