OnePlus launched their new device called OnePlus Nord 2 5G, which is powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 1200-AI SoC. The device features a triple rear camera setup at the back with a 50-MP (f/1.88, 1.0-micron) + 8-MP (f/2.25) + 2-MP (f/2.5).
In this tutorial, we will guide you on how to fix the black screen or screen of the death problem on the OnePlus Nord 2 5G. Like all the android phones, this phone also faces a few minor issues that can be resolved independently. One of the main issues for all Android users is having a black screen of death problem. Don’t worry! This article will guide you to fix the OnePlus Nord 2 5G black screen issues.
The black screen is an error screen displayed by the operating system. Sometimes, it is very difficult to boot up the device after the black screen of death. If you have also run into the same situation, follow the below simple steps to fix the same.
- Oneplus Nord 2 5G Device Overview:
- Steps to fix the OnePlus Nord 2 5G Black Screen issue
Oneplus Nord 2 5G Device Overview:
The Oneplus Nord 2 features a 6.43-inch Fluid AMOLED panel with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. It is a high refresh rate panel with a 90Hz refresh rate, and it supports HDR10+ content. The display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
Under the hood, we get the MediaTek Dimensity 1200 5G built on a 6nm manufacturing process. This is a flagship-level octa-core processor which consists of one Cortex-A78 core clocked at 3.0 GHz, three Cortex-A78 cores clocked at 2.6 GHz, and four Cortex-A55 cores clocked at 2.0 GHz. For handling the graphics-intensive tasks, we have the Mali-G77 MC9.
In terms of optics, we get a triple camera setup at the rear and a single camera at the front. The triple camera setup at the rear consists of a 50MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.9 lens, an 8MP ultrawide sensor paired with an f/2.3 lens, and a 2MP monochrome sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. At the front, we get a 32MP selfie camera paired with an f/2.5 lens. The rear camera can capture 4K videos at 30 fps, while the front is limited to 1080p video recording.
The smartphone comes with Android 11 out of the box with OxygenOS 11 running on top. It is available in two storage options: 128GB internal storage + 8GB RAM and 256GB internal storage + 12GB RAM.
In terms of communications, we get Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, NFC, and USB Type-C 2.0. And for sensors, we get an under-display optical fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass. Powering it all is a 4,500 mAh battery that supports 65W fast charging.
Steps to fix the OnePlus Nord 2 5G Black Screen issue
Here are a few steps to fix the black screen of death problem on the OnePlus Nord 2 5G.
Reboot Your Device:
If your OnePlus Nord 2 5G encounters a black screen of death, then it can be a reason due to software or hardware glitches. So to check how this occurs, the first simple troubleshooting guide is to soft reset your OnePlus Nord 2 5G and confirm if the problem arises again. To soft reset, simply follow our guide.
Method 1: Soft Reset
- Press and hold the Power button for a few seconds
- You will see the screen with the option to power off
- Choose Power Off and your device will turn off
- Now press and hold the power button
- You can release it when the phone screen is on.
Method 2: Force Reboot
When your device is stuck and not able to perform any task then this guide can come in handy.
- Press and hold the power button for a few seconds until you see the phone starts restarting.
- That’s it! Your OnePlus Nord 2 5G will reboot.
Wait for the Battery to Run Out and Re-charge Your Phone
If you cannot reboot your device, you may have to wait for the device’s battery to exhaust fully. When the battery is drained completely, you can recharge your device and turn it on. See if the problem now is resolved.
Wipe cache partition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrqG0bgnzdgTo wipe the cache partition on your device, you must boot into recovery mode on OnePlus Nord 2 5G. If you clear the cache partition, your device problem can be resolved. Recovery Mode on any Android device plays a crucial role in troubleshooting the device problem.
Perform a factory reset
If the problem still persists even after following up on the first step, then try to perform a factory reset on OnePlus Nord 2 5G. Follow our tutorial
Instructions for Hard Reset via Settings
If this method, doesn’t work, you can try the next hard reset method via recovery mode.
- In your OnePlus Nord 2 5G device, Go to the Settings app
- Now Additional settings menu
- Tap on Backup and reset
- Select Factory data reset
- Here you will find 5 different options to select
- To clear all the data, select Erase All Content and Settings which will wipe off all the data from your OnePlus Nord 2 5G
- Enter your password if you have a password on your phone
- Once you enter the password, it will now show a confirmation to erase data, so hit erase data.
- That’s it! You have successfully performed a hard reset.
Instructions for Hard Factory Reset via Recovery
Want to hard reset your OnePlus Nord 2 5G? then, enter the recovery mode first.
- First of all, Turn off your OnePlus Nord 2 5G.
- Now Press and hold the Volume Up key + Power Key on your OnePlus Nord 2 5G device simultaneously for a while
- Once you see the Realme logo, you can release the button.
- Your phone has entered recovery mode, now you can select the language
- Now your device will enter the stock recovery mode
- You can select Wipe Data by just tapping on it
- Now select Wipe/Data to confirm and enter the verification code
- That’s it! Confirm and done!
I hope this guide was useful to hard reset your OnePlus Nord 2 5G.
If your device still has the black screen issue even after resetting your device, then you can try to check for a new software update or manually upgrade to new stock firmware on the OnePlus Nord 2 5G. It was announced that a software update will debug and resolve the issue users are facing.
This should work! By following the above steps the user should not get this situation henceforth. In case you receive the same issue again, it is better to visit the nearest store and inform them about the issue. Make sure you also let him know that you have followed the above steps so that the showroom staff can think of some new ideas.