As the name suggests the Oppo A9 2020 is the next-gen smartphone released in September 2019 which is also known as Oppo A11x. The handset runs on Android 9.0 Pie on top of ColorOS 6.1 skin. The device recently received the Android10 update. In this article, we will update you on whether the Oppo A9 2020 will receive the official Android 11 (ColorOS 11).
Google has finally pushed the official stable Android 11 update to all the Pixel devices (except the first-gen pixel). It’s the successor version of the last year’s Android 10 (Q) which mostly featured privacy & security functionalities. However, things have changed now and this time the Android 11 has arrived with a bunch of additional features, other system improvements, UI changes, and more.
You landed up to this article with a question that what is the status of Oppo to push the Android 11 to the newly launched Oppo A9 2020. Well, then go through this article, and by the end of the article you will be able to clear all the doubts regarding Oppo A9 2020 Android 11 (Android R) Update Status, either it is Android 11 official update or Android 11 Beta update.
What’s on Android 11?
Google’s Android 11 (R) is the 11th-iteration of Android OS that has been released officially on September 08, 2020. It’s the successor version of the last year’s Android 10 (Q) which mostly featured privacy & security functionalities. However, things have changed now and this time the Android 11 has arrived with a bunch of additional features, other system improvements, UI changes, and more.
- You can now prioritize your conversations together with your most vital contacts within the new “conversations” section at the highest of your notification shade with a people-forward design and conversation specific actions, like opening the conversation as a bubble.
- Bubbles, it helps users to stay conversations insight and accessible while multitasking. Messaging and chat apps should use the Bubbles API on notifications to enable this in Android 11.
- More improved and modified Voice Controls, for people that control their phone entirely by voice, now includes an on-device visual area that understands screen content and context.
- One-time permission lets users give an app access to the device microphone, camera, or location, just that just one occasion.
- Customizable DND mode enables you to settle on which apps or people can still notify you once you turn the mode on.
- The new Auto-Reset feature will supposedly remove app permissions that are not infrequent use.
- Google Play System Updates, launched last year, lets us expedite updates of core OS components to devices within the Android ecosystem. In Android 11, we quite doubled the amount of updatable modules, and people 12 new modules will help improve privacy, security, and consistency for users and developers.
What’s in ColorOS 11?
As the name suggests, ColorOS 11 is the successor version of the ColorOS 7 that can be released in November 2020 most probably. It will be based on Android 11 goodies along with some design changes that will gonna change the look and feel of the new custom skin. The upcoming ColorOS 11 version will run on all the upcoming and eligible Oppo devices respectively. The all-new skin version will have plenty of improvements and features that we’ve mentioned below in brief.
ColorOS 11 Expected Features
It’s pretty straight-forward that the ColorOS 11 will be based on Android 11 (R) features. So, the native Android 11 features will be there expectedly with some improvements or additional features.
- Improved Dark Mode: System-wide Dark Mode is one of the most highlighted features for the users on Android 10 and the ColorOS 11 (Android 11) will also gonna include an improved system-wide dark mode that simply runs on the whole system, apps, etc. Additionally, users will get an option to schedule the dark mode timing on a day/night basis and automatically basis as well.
- Improved Battery Backup: The upcoming ColorOS 11 much more improved battery life than the existing ColorOS 7 version.
- Double-tap Gesture: The double-tap gesture feature of Android 11 will also arrive on ColorOS 11. In this case, double-tapping on the backside of the phone will turn on the Google Assistant, camera, and other applications.
- One-time App Permission: With the ColorOS 11 version, users can easily grant one-time app permission and it will ask for permission every time whenever it requires system user access.
- Go Back Gesture: The go back gesture has been improvised after releasing the enhanced swipe gestures navigation. But with ColorOS 11, we can expect to see the sensitivity sliders that will control the go back gesture. There will be two sliders for both left and right sides.
Quick Oppo A9 2020 Specs
Oppo A9 (2020) was announced in September 2019 which sports a 6.5-inch IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels. The device has an aspect ratio of 20:9 and a screen-to-body ratio of 82.5 %.
The device is powered by an Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver) with Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 chipset coupled with 4/8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. It also supports an external memory card with up to 256 GB microSD. The device came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie under ColorOS 6.1 and backed by a 5000 mAh battery (Non-removable).
As far as the camera concerned, the device has a quad-camera setup with 48MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with a 16MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 4G-VoLTE, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and compass. etc. The Oppo A9 (2020) comes with a face unlock feature.
Will Oppo A9 2020 Receive the Android 11 Update?
Updated on March 28, 2021: Oppo A9 2020 model started receiving the March 2021 security patch update with software version CPH1937EX_11_C.75.
Updated on February 03, 2021: Today Oppo rolled the February 2021 security patch update for the device with software version CPH1937EX_11_C.74. The update is still based on Android 11.
Well, Oppo only promised the beta update of Android 11 to Oppo Find X2 and X2 Pro. Regarding the official Android 11 Update for Oppo A9 2020, there is nothing to worry about, the device will surely receive the update. According to the CMO of Oppo, almost every Oppo device gets at least 2 major software updates. Since Oppo A9 2020 was launched with Android 9.0 Pie out of the box, it received the Android 10 update and will also receive the next major update; Android 11 R.
Right now there is no official roadmap of ColorOS 11 because ColorOS 7 is still being in the rollout process. We will let you about the official roadmap of the update as soon as Oppo releases any press statement. Till then bookmark this page for further updates.