OPPO F11, F11 Pro, and F11 Pro Avenger’s Edition smartphones were launched in 2019 as budget category devices including Android 9.0 Pie on the top of ColorOS 6 out-of-the-box. All three devices came with MediaTek Helio P70 chipset, dual rear cameras, a 6.5-inches LCD display, and almost similar specifications. Now talking about the Android 10 update, all three models have already received the ColorOS 7 update and successfully running it. However, users are asking for the OPPO F11, F11 Pro, and F11 Pro Avenger’s Edition Android 11 (ColorOS 11) Update. So, we’ve shared some useful details below.
First of all, we would like to tell you that the 2nd Android 11 Public Beta build has been recently out after the first build in June 2020 for the Google Pixel devices and Project Treble compatible Android devices. It’s expected that one more update e,g 3rd beta build will come out in the next month in August 2020. Then the Android 11 official stable version should release in September 2020 by Google expectedly. Therefore, all other OEMs are literally trying hard to enlist their eligible devices to push early beta updates and Oppo isn’t an exception here.
So, all the excited Oppo F11, F11 Pro, F11 Pro Avenger’s Edition users are also eagerly waiting for the official announcement by Oppo that whether these models will gonna receive the Android 11 update on the top of ColorOS 11 or not. If you’re also one of them, check this article. Additionally, the F11 Pro lineup users can manually flash the Android 11 GSI build on their devices (Android 8.0 or above) very easily. All you need to just take a full backup of the important files and then proceed to the given link.
Table of Contents
What’s on Android 11?
The next version of Google’s Android software, Android 11, is going to be released in Q4 2020 that’s September. Given pandemic related concerns, Google eschewed the splash unveiling at a developer event and easily released a public beta on Wednesday, June 10.
Android 11 (R) Features:
- You can now prioritize your conversations together with your most vital contacts within the new “conversations” section at the highest of your notification shade with a people-forward design and conversation specific actions, like opening the conversation as a bubble.
- Bubbles, it helps users to stay conversations insight and accessible while multitasking. Messaging and chat apps should use the Bubbles API on notifications to enable this in Android 11.
- More improved and modified Voice Controls, for people that control their phone entirely by voice, now includes an on-device visual area that understands screen content and context.
- One-time permission lets users give an app access to the device microphone, camera, or location, just that just one occasion.
- Customizable DND mode enables you to settle on which apps or people can still notify you once you turn the mode on.
- The new Auto-Reset feature that will supposedly remove app permissions that are not infrequent use.
- Google Play System Updates, launched last year, lets us expedite updates of core OS components to devices within the Android ecosystem. In Android 11, we quite doubled the amount of updatable modules, and people 12 new modules will help improve privacy, security, and consistency for users and developers.
What’s in ColorOS 11?
As the name suggests, ColorOS 11 is the successor version of the ColorOS 7 that can be released in November 2020 most probably. It will be based on Android 11 goodies along with some design changes that will gonna change the look and feel of the new custom skin.
The upcoming ColorOS 11 version will run on all the upcoming and eligible Oppo devices respectively. The all-new skin version will have plenty of improvements and features that we’ve mentioned below in brief.
ColorOS 11 Expected Features
It’s pretty straight-forward that the ColorOS 11 will be based on Android 11 (R) features. So, the native Android 11 features will be there expectedly with some improvements or additional features.
- Improved Dark Mode: System-wide Dark Mode is one of the most highlighted features for the users on Android 10 and the ColorOS 11 (Android 11) will also gonna include an improved system-wide dark mode that simply runs on the whole system, apps, etc. Additionally, users will get an option to schedule the dark mode timing on a day/night basis and automatically basis as well.
- Improved Battery Backup: The upcoming ColorOS 11 much more improved battery life than the existing ColorOS 7 version.
- Double-tap Gesture: The double-tap gesture feature of Android 11 will also arrive on ColorOS 11. In this case, double-tapping on the backside of the phone will turn on the Google Assistant, camera, and other applications.
- One-time App Permission: With the ColorOS 11 version, users can easily grant one-time app permission and it will ask for permission every time whenever it requires system user access.
- Go Back Gesture: The go back gesture has been improvised after releasing the enhanced swipe gestures navigation. But with ColorOS 11, we can expect to see the sensitivity sliders that will control the go back gesture. There will be two sliders for both left and right sides.
- New Screenshot Pop-up: With the Android 11, users can now see a much smaller and compact screenshot pop-up preview or notification after capturing it. Previously the screenshot preview was quite bigger in size and takes a lot of area of the display. Meanwhile, users can simply edit, share, delete that screenshot from the pop-up preview. Therefore, this cool new feature should gonna be added to ColorOS 11.
- Notification History: By default, Android 11 will gonna let you check all the notification history very easily and users can also add a shortcut to the notification toggle in order to check it. This particular feature is expected to come in ColorOS 11.
- Improved Lock Screen: This feature will basically come in handy for the kids who use smartphones a lot. With the improved lock screen option just like the Parental Control or Digital Wellbeing app, users can set the specific time or parameters in order to double-lock the screen so their children can’t access smartphones when the usage limit crossed.
- Pin Apps to Share Menu: With the help of Android 11, users can now pin useful apps to the sharing menu which will gonna easier for the users to quickly send to contacts or apps while multitasking or heavy usage. However, users can only set up to four apps to the sharing menu as of now.
- Ethernet Tethering: Android 11 also brings the ethernet tethering feature that can be used as a hotspot. This feature will allow people to connect a USB-to-Ethernet adapter to their Android devices in order to connect the LAN cable to the adapter. Then users can simply use their PC internet from smartphones.
- Clear Persistent Notifications: Google has included the option to clear persistent notifications on Android 11. Therefore, all the background running notifications can be removed easily that wasn’t possible previously.
OPPO F11, F11 Pro, and F11 Pro Avenger’s Edition Android 11 (ColorOS 11) Update Status Tracker
Updated on October 15, 2020: Today Oppo rolled the September 2020 security patch update based on Android 10 for the Oppo F11 Pro in India. There is no info on when the Android 11 version will be out for these devices.
It’s worth mentioning that all the Oppo devices are eligible to get two major Android OS updates in consecutive two years. So, the Oppo F11 series devices have only received one major Android OS update after release which is Android 10 (ColorOS 7). That means all three models will surely gonna receive the upcoming Android 11 stable update on the top of ColorOS 11 skin once Google will release the Android 11 in September 2020.
So, all the interested Oppo F11 series users should have to wait for a couple of months or so until Oppo has come up with some good news to the users. It’s also expected that Oppo will gonna start early ColorOS 11 adopters program for its couple of eligible devices in a phased manner from Q4 2020 somewhere between November 2020 or later. Additionally, the company would also release the official ColorOS 11 beta and stable update roadmap for its devices.
Till then stay tuned for more info. You can also bookmark this page and for further queries, comment below.