Oppo announced its next flagship smartphone, the Oppo Find X2 Neo in May 2020. It is supposed to be the next flagship from Oppo in the Indian and Global markets. It is expected to come with a decent price range, starting from 40,000 INR. It includes a bunch of great features like quad-camera setup, Snapdragon 765G SoC with 5G connectivity, and much more. The device came out of the box with Android 10 (ColorOS 7) update. Here we will know whether the device will receive the official Android 11 (ColorOS 8) update.
Google has finally pushed the Android 11 Beta update, the official public version of the software isn’t likely to land until the end of the year at least. All Pixel devices(except the first-gen pixel) are now eligible to download the update or take the top after opting for the Beta program.
You landed up to this article with a question that what is the status from Oppo to push the Android 11 to the newly launched Oppo Find X2 Neo. Well, then go through this article, and by the end of the article you will be able to clear all the doubts regarding Oppo Find X2 Neo Android 11 (Android R) Update Status, either it is Android 11 official update or Android 11 Beta update.
What’s on Android 11?
The next version of Google’s Android software, Android 11, is going to be released by the end of the year. Given pandemic related concerns, Google eschewed the splash unveiling at a developer event and easily released a public beta on Wednesday, June 10.
- You can now prioritize your conversations together with your most vital contacts within the new “conversations” section at the highest of your notification shade with a people-forward design and conversation specific actions, like opening the conversation as a bubble.
- Bubbles, it helps users to stay conversations insight and accessible while multitasking. Messaging and chat apps should use the Bubbles API on notifications to enable this in Android 11.
- More improved and modified Voice Controls, for people that control their phone entirely by voice, now includes an on-device visual area that understands screen content and context.
- One-time permission lets users give an app access to the device microphone, camera, or location, just that just one occasion.
- Customizable DND mode enables you to settle on which apps or people can still notify you once you turn the mode on.
- The new Auto-Reset feature that will supposedly remove app permissions that are not infrequent use.
- Google Play System Updates, launched last year, lets us expedite updates of core OS components to devices within the Android ecosystem. In Android 11, we quite doubled the amount of updatable modules, and people 12 new modules will help improve privacy, security, and consistency for users and developers.
What’s in ColorOS 8?
As the name suggests, ColorOS 8 is the successor version of the ColorOS 7 that can be released in November 2020 most probably. It will be based on Android 11 goodies along with some design changes that will gonna change the look and feel of the new custom skin. The upcoming ColorOS 8 version will run on all the upcoming and eligible Oppo devices respectively. The all-new skin version will have plenty of improvements and features that we’ve mentioned below in brief.
ColorOS 8 Expected Features
It’s pretty straight-forward that the ColorOS 8 will be based on Android 11 (R) features. So, the native Android 11 features will be there expectedly with some improvements or additional features.
- Improved Dark Mode: System-wide Dark Mode is one of the most highlighted features for the users on Android 10 and the ColorOS 8 (Android 11) will also gonna include an improved system-wide dark mode that simply runs on the whole system, apps, etc. Additionally, users will get an option to schedule the dark mode timing on a day/night basis and automatically basis as well.
- Improved Battery Backup: The upcoming ColorOS 8 much more improved battery life than the existing ColorOS 7 version.
- Double-tap Gesture: The double-tap gesture feature of Android 11 will also arrive on ColorOS 8. In this case, double-tapping on the backside of the phone will turn on the Google Assistant, camera, and other applications.
- One-time App Permission: With the ColorOS 8 version, users can easily grant one-time app permission and it will ask for permission every time whenever it requires system user access.
- Go Back Gesture: The go back gesture has been improvised after releasing the enhanced swipe gestures navigation. But with ColorOS 8, we can expect to see the sensitivity sliders that will control the go back gesture. There will be two sliders for both left and right sides.
Quick Oppo Find X2 Neo Specs
The device features a 6.50-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 2400×1080 pixels at a pixel density of 402 pixels per inch (PPI). Oppo Find X2 Neo is powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 765G SoC clocked at 2.4 GHz. It comes with 12GB of RAM. The Oppo Find X2 Neo runs Android 10 and is fueled by a 4025mAh non-removable battery. The Oppo Find X2 Neo supports Quick Charge 4.0 fast charging.
As of the Optics department, the Oppo Find X2 Neo on the rear packs a 48-megapixel primary camera with an f/1.7 aperture; a second 13-megapixel camera with an f/2.4 aperture; a 3rd 8-megapixel camera with an f/2.2 aperture and a fourth 2-megapixel camera with an f/2.4 aperture. It houses a front selfie camera of a 32-megapixel lens with an f/2.4 aperture.
The Oppo Find X2 Neo runs ColorOS 7.0 on top of Android 10 and packs 256GB of inbuilt storage. The Oppo Find X2 Neo is a single SIM (GSM) smartphone that accepts a Nano-SIM card. The dimension of Oppo Find X2 Neo is 159.40 x 72.40 x 7.70mm (height x width x thickness) and weighs 171.00 grams.
Will Oppo Find X2 Neo Receive the Android 11 Update?
Well, Oppo only promised the beta update of Android 11 to Oppo Find X2 and X2 Pro. Regarding the official Android 11 Update for Oppo Find X2 Neo, there is nothing to worry about, the device will surely receive the update. According to the CMO of Oppo, almost every Oppo device gets at least 2 major software updates. Since Oppo Find X2 Neo was launched with Android 10 out of the box, and it will receive the next 2 major updates; Android 11 R and Android 12.
Right now there is no official roadmap of ColorOS 8 because ColorOS 7 or 7.2 is still being in the rollout process. We will let you about the official roadmap of the update as soon as Oppo releases any press statement. Till then bookmark this page for further updates.