Oppo Reno2 Z was one of the best-in-class upper mid-range smartphones that offer pretty good hardware specifications and features in 2019. It came with Android 9.0 Pie over ColorOS 6 and the Android 10 update over ColorOS 7 has been started a couple of months ago. However, it’s not a new case when some of the users haven’t received the latest firmware OTA update notification. Meanwhile, some of the Reno2 Z owners also look for the stock ROM to install mostly. So, if you’re also one of them, you can check Oppo Reno2 Z Software Update Tracker.
As mentioned, the firmware OTA updates always rollout in batches to region-wise which also depends on the server and carriers. So, it’s one of the common issues to not receive any OTA update notification. Therefore, some of the keen users may also miss out the important or much-awaited updates in some cases. Now, if you also feel the same and have a doubt in mind that you’ve missed out on any important update or you want to manually install the stock firmware on your Oppo Reno2 Z model, then the update tracker list with the software update guide will help you a lot.
Oppo Reno2 Z Overview
The Oppo Reno2 Z came with a 6.53-inches AMOLED display that has 1080×2340 pixels, a 19.5:9 aspect ratio screen, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, etc. It has a 12nm octa-core Mediatek MT6779 Helio P90 SoC, coupled with PowerVR GM9446 GPU that pairs an 8GB of RAM and 128GB/256GB of internal storage (dedicated microSD slot).
The handset packs a quad rear camera setup of a 48MP (f/1.7, wide), an 8MP (f/2.2, ultrawide), a 2MP (B/W, f/2.4), a 2MP (f/2.4, depth) lens that features PDAF, HDR, Panorama, Dual-LED flash, etc. It features 4K@30fps and 1080p@30fps video recording with gyro-EIS support. While the front packs a 16MP pop-up selfie camera with wide-angle f/2.0 lens, HDR, LED flash, etc. The front camera also supports 1080p@30fps video recording.
In terms of the connectivity options, it has a 3.5mm audio jack, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, FM Radio, USB Type-C port, etc. While the device packs some of the sensors like an optical in-display fingerprint sensor, an accelerometer, an ambient light, gyroscope, proximity, compass sensor. It sports a 4,000mAh battery with 20W fast charging support.
Oppo Reno2 Z Software Update Tracker
Whenever a new official firmware update will be available for the Oppo Reno2 Z model, we will keep updating the update tracker list here with the changelog and download links below.
·Added the October 2020 Android security patches to enhance system security.
· New borderless design, new upgrade, more shocking visual, more efficient operation, more natural experience
· Added OPPO Sans default font, overall concise and elegant, full of technological beauty[Breeno]
· Added Breeno instructions, allowing you to complete daily tasks faster with fewer steps, and create personalized shortcut instructions
· Add Breeno voice, photo search function, voice search based on photo time, location, people, etc.
· Added Breeno voice, camera wake-up, voice switchable camera mode
· Added Breeno voice, open and close dark mode, query steps, open Breeno screen and other voice commands
· New Breeno suggestion, low battery reminder, automatically detect nearby charging treasure merchants when low battery
· Add Breeno sleep mode, enter dark mode at night, and turn on do not disturb
· New Breeno screen, meeting schedule information recognition, can add schedule with one click
· Optimized Breeno scan, independent code scanning and object recognition, easy to evoke
· New Breeno driving, can quickly open the phone, music, WeChat and a recently used application
· New Breeno quick view, news information module[Smart Sidebar]· Optimize visual interaction and enhance one-handed operation experience· Optimize the smart sidebar, replace the file desk with file management, and remove three quick tools: Breeno voice, super clear visual effects, and notification do not disturb· New shortcut tool for notes· Added support for drag and drop applications to achieve fast split screen· Added “buoy transparency” and “buoy full screen hide” setting items· Optimize the range of floating window mode, more applications support the opening of floating window· Added floating window bubble function, support rapid expansion / folding floating window[Screenshot]· Optimized three-finger screenshot, long press and slide with three fingers to select screenshot area; long press and slide to drag out the screen to quickly take a long screenshot
· New screenshot setting, you can adjust the position of preview floating window, set prompt sound, etc.
· Optimize screenshot preview floating window, pull down to share, pull up floating window for long screenshot
[Navigation Gesture 3.0]
· Added swipe inward from both sides of the screen and stay to switch to the previous application
· Optimize all gestures to support landscape scenes
· Added flashback button, support desktop display of important information of navigation, taxi, game, one key to quickly return to the application
· Add dark color mode, power saving and eye protection
· Added focus mode to help shield the outside world from interruptions when working or studying
· Added new charging animation style
· Optimized control center interaction, more friendly one-handed operation experience
· Added screen recording pause function
· Added screen recording floating window and recording settings
· Added 360 cleanup engine
· Added global theme, the theme adds more playability
· Added global delete sound effect, calculator button sound, compass pointing sound feedback
Optimize the built-in ringtone resources
· Added barrier-free TalkBack suspension prompt
· Add barrier-free color mode to improve the experience of visually impaired users
· Added the latest task management page, including memory information switch and application lock management for recent task display
· Optimize visual interaction in game space
· Optimize the startup animation of the game space
· Optimize the interaction and outgoing mode of game assistants, and add game console connection entrance
· Added new interactive live wallpaper
· Add Art + Static Wallpaper
· Add a new desktop sliding setting item, you can customize to open the global search or notification center
· New desktop icon customization, you can customize the icon size, shape, style
· Optimize the unlocking process, switch to unlock mode
· Optimized password unlock visual, more convenient to unlock with one hand
· Added lock screen support for live wallpapers
· Optimize the style of the breath screen clock, more personalized choices
· New desktop simple mode, larger font icons, more concise and clear
· Add password book function, automatically fill in the password, realize one-key login
· Added the use time of the remote guard application, you can view the application status of the bound mobile phone in the past 7 days
· New remote guardian deactivation period, you can set the deactivation period of the bound mobile phone
· Add a new remote guard application to set a time limit, you can set the duration of binding mobile application, limit the number of games in some games
· Added one-key navigation of remote guard, one-key navigation to the location of the bound mobile phone
· Added SOS emergency contact smart customer service for help. When the emergency contact does not answer the call, the smart customer service will help continue to call the emergency contact
· Add a random MAC address to connect to WiFi, block targeted advertising, protect privacy, and make information more secure
· Added icon prompt in the status bar when using sensitive permissions, you can view the details of the specific called application, to prevent personal privacy disclosure
· Add permission usage record, you can view the history of application calling permissions
· Added the palace mode for sticky notes
· Newly added background settings for notes, providing 6 colors and 4 skin backgrounds
· New reminder function for note time, can set reminder time for memo items
· Added the function of deleting and retrieving sticky notes. The deleted sticky notes will be kept in the recently deleted folder for 30 days.
· Add calculator small window mode, support quick start through control center and smart sidebar
· New recording cutting function, which can cut the existing recording to obtain important clips
Newly added calendar supports custom setting schedule repetition period
· Added alarm clock dynamic weather ringtone, matching different ringtones according to the weather of the day
· New weather animation effect, showing different motion effects according to different weather
· New file management Add OPPO cloud disk entry, can access OPPO cloud content
· Optimize camera interaction and enhance operating experience
· Optimized photo countdown interaction and prompt sound
· Optimize the interaction of album atlas, the level is clearer, and it is more convenient to find pictures
· New album recommendation, support more than 80 types of scene recognition
· Added OPPO intercommunication to support intercommunication with vivo and Xiaomi devices
· Optimize the phone book vision to bring a more concise and efficient experience
· Add a quick setting page for unfamiliar number calls, add a contact with one key, add a mark or join a blacklist
· Add a deactivation period, customize the deactivation period, effectively manage the time of mobile phone use
· New application setting time limit, you can set the duration of the application, limit the number of games in some games, to prevent apps and games from indulging
· Optimized setting search function, support fuzzy search and search record display
· Add Soloop to record, understand your video intelligent creation tool
· Add health, monitor sports health data, provide health services
How to Check Software Update on Oppo Reno2 Z
Before going to the manual firmware upgrade process, if you feel that your device isn’t receiving the OTA update notification for a while, then you can check for the software update manually. In order to do this:
Go to the device Settings > System updates. It will search for the software update and you will get notified if a new update is available on your device. Simply grab the firmware version by downloading and installing it.
Additionally, it’s recommended to maintain the phone charge at least up to 50%-60% and connect your device to a Wi-Fi for a faster and stable download.
Now, let’s assume that you’ve successfully upgraded your Oppo Reno2 Z device to the latest software version. Facing any issue with the software update guide? Comment below.