By the end of 2019, the Chinese OEM OnePlus has released its special edition of 7T series called OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren Edition. It’s a 5G enabled device that has a single 12GB/256GB storage option and the rest of the hardware specifications or features are the same as the OnePlus 7T Pro model. Now, if you’re using the OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren Edition and you’ve rooted & installed any custom recovery like TWRP, then this guide is for you. Here we will guide you on how to download and install OxygenOS Stock Recovery for OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren Edition device.
A big thanks to jhofseth, one of the Senior Members of XDA for sharing this guide along with the stock recovery image link to download. Due to Android’s open-source nature, most of the Android users always prefer to install custom recovery or any custom firmware or enable root access, etc. So, once you unlocked the device bootloader and install any custom recovery on your handset, your stock recovery of the stock firmware will be removed whether you flash a custom ROM or not.
Table of Contents
What is a Stock Recovery?
Each and every Android device model do come with its own stock recovery mode along with the stock firmware (preinstalled). Now, talking about the Android Stock Recovery, it’s a bootable partition of your Android device that is installed in the recovery mode which can be accessed by using a combination of power+volume buttons. The combination buttons can vary depending on the model or brand.
So, the stock recovery mode on your device offers a few useful features like factory reset, reboot to bootloader, software update, etc. To recall, the stock recovery also boots up every time whenever you power on or restart your device system. Now, you may ask why do I suppose to keep or use a stock recovery.
Importance of a Stock Recovery
As the name suggests, the stock recovery mode works to recover an operating system running device when it fails to boot into the system or stuck at bootloop issue or the phone freezes during boot logo, etc. Therefore, you basically need an official stock recovery partition of your device model in order to recover the phone back into the working status.
Though a stock recovery mode on an Android device comes with very few options to play with it like system reboot, apply update from external storage, factory reset, wipe cache partition to clear junk files, and more. You can also take backups on some devices using the stock recovery. Most importantly, plenty of Android users perform flashing a custom firmware or rooting and end up with a bricked device or bootloop issue. Therefore, flashing a stock firmware with stock recovery can do the fix quite easily.
Steps to Install OxygenOS Stock Recovery for OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren Edition
Before heading over to the download and flashing steps, make sure to check the requirements below:
- This guide is exclusive for OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren Edition (HD1925).
- Charge your handset more than 60% minimum.
- You will require a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Take a complete backup of your device data.
- Install OnePlus USB Drivers on the PC. [Android USB Driver]
- The device bootloader should be unlocked.
- Install ADB and Fastboot tools on your computer. [Android SDK Platform Tools]
Stock Recovery Flashing Steps:
- First of all, reboot your device into Fastboot mode. (Switch off your phone > Press and hold Power+Volume Up+Volume Down together for a few seconds > quickly release all buttons when Fastboot splash screen appears)
- Now, connect your device to the computer using a USB cable.
- Go to the installed ADB & Fastboot location (C:\Program files) and open the Powershell command window. (Press Shift + Right-click on mouse > Open command window here.
- Type the below command and hit enter:
- If the device is connected in fastboot mode properly, you will get a fastboot device ID on the computer screen. Now, proceed to the next step. If not showing, try to reboot into fastboot mode again and connect via USB cable properly.
- Next, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot getvar all
- It will look for the all bootloader variable with the current slot.
- Then type the following command and hit enter
fastboot flash recovery_a recovery_10.0.27_adb_nosec.img
fastboot flash recovery_b recovery_10.0.27_adb_nosec.img
- Remove the USB cable and follow the below steps for recovery usage.
- Now, boot your OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren Edition into Recovery mode.
- Enter the encryption key if your file is encrypted.
- Next, connect your phone again to the PC via a USB cable.
- Launch an ADB shell by typing the following command on the command prompt and hit enter:
- If the device is rooted via Magisk, then you should remove all the magisk modules located in /data/adb/modules.
- Once done, reboot your device into the system normally by long-pressing the Power button only.
- Wait for the first boot and you’re done.
Steps to Removal Process
- Just follow the above steps to reboot your device into fastboot mode.
- Then connect it to the PC and check the fastboot device is connected or not.
- Next, check for the bootloader variable with the current slot by using the following command:
fastboot getvar all
- Finally, type any of the following commands and press enter.
fastboot flash recovery_a recovery_10.0.27.img
fastboot flash recovery_b recovery_10.0.27.img
- That’s it.
We hope you’ve found this guide useful and easy enough. Feel free to ask in the comment below for any queries.