It’s no secret that Philips Smart TVs are known for their excellent picture and audio quality, making them a popular choice for consumers who are looking for a premium viewing experience. There are, however, some users who may experience sound problems after updating their Philips Smart TVs. It can be very frustrating to have this issue happen while watching your favourite movie or TV show. You can troubleshoot and fix sound issues on your Philips Smart TV with a few useful tips and tricks. In this article, we will provide you with some helpful guidance to help you fix your TV’s sound not working issue. Here’s how to fix sound issues on your Philips Smart TV if you’re experiencing them.
- Why Does Philips Smart TV Sound Not Working After Recent Update?
- How to Fix Philips Smart TV Sound Not Working After Recent Update
Why Does Philips Smart TV Sound Not Working After Recent Update?
You may experience sound problems after a recent update on your Philips Smart TV sound not working issue. Here are some of the most common causes:
- Software bugs: On Philips Smart TVs, firmware bugs can affect the audio function. During an update, these bugs can be introduced, resulting in a malfunctioning sound system.
- Incorrect audio settings: Your Philips Smart TV may have sound issues if the audio settings are incorrect. In some cases, the sound may not be working because the TV is mute or the volume is too low.
- Faulty cables: You may also have faulty cables on your Philips Smart TV if the sound does not work. A damaged HDMI or audio cable can cause a sound problem if they are not properly connected.
- Outdated firmware: There is a possibility that your Philips Smart TV may have outdated firmware that is causing the sound problem. It is possible to have sound problems if the TV’s firmware is not up-to-date.
- Hardware issues: It is possible for Philips Smart TVs to experience sound problems after an update due to hardware issues.
In order to fix the sound problem on your Philips Smart TV, you must identify its root cause and take appropriate steps to resolve it.
How to Fix Philips Smart TV Sound Not Working After Recent Update
Here are some fixes that will help you resolve the Philips Smart TV sound not working after the recent update:
Fix 1: Check The Audio Settings
In order to resolve sound not working after an update on your Philips Smart TV, you must first check the audio settings. Here’s what you need to do:
- To access the TV’s settings menu, press the “Home” button on your Philips Smart TV remote.
- Select the “Settings” option using the arrow buttons and click “OK“.
- Go to the settings menu and select “Audio.”
- Make sure that “Mute” is not enabled. If it is, click “OK” to disable it.
- To make sure that the volume isn’t too low, check the volume setting. Using your remote, increase the volume if necessary.
- You should select the right audio mode for the content you’re watching on your Philips Smart TV if it has multiple audio modes, such as Stereo, Surround, or Dolby. Depending on your system, you may need to configure a sound bar or home theatre system before you can use some modes.
- You can use the television’s built-in speakers or an external audio device as the output source if it has an “Audio Out” option.
Fix 2: Restart the TV And Audio Devices
It is possible to fix sound issues caused by recent updates by restarting Philips Smart TVs and any external audio devices. Here’s what you need to do:
- If you have an external audio device, such as a soundbar or home theatre system, turn it off as well.
- Make sure both the TV and audio devices are unplugged.
- Make sure you wait at least 30 seconds before plugging in the power cords again.
- Wait until your Philips Smart TV is fully booted up before switching it on.
- Ensure that your external audio devices are turned on and that they have fully booted up before using them.
- In order to determine if the problem has been resolved, test the sound on your Philips Smart TV.
Fix 3: Check the HDMI And Audio Cables
When troubleshooting sound issues on your Philips Smart TV after a recent update, it is important to check the HDMI and audio cables. You can do this by following these steps:
- Make sure all external audio devices, such as your Philips Smart TV and soundbar, are turned off.
- See if there are any visible damages, such as frayed or bent ends, cuts, or kinks on the HDMI cable. Try replacing the cable if you see any damage.
- If your Philips Smart TV has an HDMI port and any external audio devices, make sure that the HDMI cable is properly connected. You may need to tighten it if it is not firmly inserted into the port.
- Check the cable for visible damage, such as frayed or bent ends, cuts, or kinks, if you are connecting an external audio device to your Philips Smart TV with an audio cable. If you see any damage, try replacing the cable.
- Your Philips Smart TV’s audio cable should be securely plugged into the audio input port and the audio output port of your external audio device.
- Try switching to a different HDMI or audio input port on your Philips Smart TV if it has multiple ports.
- To determine if the issue has been resolved, turn on your Philips Smart TV and any external audio devices.
Fix 4: Update the TV Firmware
When you experience sound issues after a recent update on your Philips Smart TV, updating the firmware is a good first step. To do this, follow these steps:
- You need to connect your Philips Smart TV to the internet. If you want to check your TV’s network settings, you can do so by going to the settings menu on the TV.
- Your Philips Smart TV’s settings menu is accessed through the remote control’s “Home” button.
- Select the “Settings” option with the arrow buttons and click “OK.”
- Select “Software Update” from the settings menu and click “OK.”
- Click on “Update Now” and then “OK“.
- Make sure the TV searches for and downloads any firmware updates it finds.
- You will have to follow the on-screen instructions once you have downloaded the update.
- To test if the issue has been resolved, restart your Philips Smart TV after the update has been applied.
Fix 5: Factory Reset the TV
In order to fix sound issues caused by a recent update, your Philips Smart TV must be reset. You should back up any important data on your TV before performing a factory reset, as erasing all data and settings will erase everything. Your Philips Smart TV can be factory reset by following these steps:
- On your Philips Smart TV remote, press “Home” to access the settings menu.
- To access the “Settings” option, use the arrow keys and select “OK“.
- Click “Setup” in the settings menu.
- Choose “TV Settings” and click “OK“.
- Click “General Settings” and then “OK.”
- Afterwards, press the “OK” button and select “Factory Settings“.
- Confirm that you wish to perform a factory reset by following the on-screen instructions.
- It may take a few minutes for the TV to reset.
- When the reset is complete, follow the instructions on the screen to set up your TV again.
- To determine if the problem has been resolved, test the sound.
For further assistance, contact Philips customer service if the sound does not work after performing a factory reset. It is possible that they can provide additional troubleshooting steps or suggest sending the TV to be repaired.
Also Read: Fix: Philips Smart TV Not Turning On
It can be frustrating to experience audio issues after an update on a Philips Smart TV. In most cases, however, you should be able to resolve sound problems by following the troubleshooting steps described above. You may want to contact Philips customer support if you’re still experiencing sound issues after trying all of these steps. When you are unable to fix the problem, they may be able to offer additional troubleshooting steps or suggest sending the TV in for repair.