Even the most premium Android smartphones can have flaws in them. We have seen people complaining about the black screen of death error. Black screen/Screen of Death is an error screen displayed by the operating system after meeting a critical system error which can cause the system to break down. Sometimes, it’s hard to boot up the device after the black screen of death. If you are facing the same issue with your Google Pixel XL then follow the below article in which we have discussed a number of methods to Fix Pixel 4 XL Black screen Problem.
Android Black Screen Of Death is one of the most faced issues by many android users. This is one of the most common errors that are faced by a lot of Android users. If you also fall in this group of android users who are facing the Android Black Screen Of Death problem, read on the below process in order to get rid of this issue.
Why Black Screen Problem?
The Android devices can face this Android black screen of death due to a certain number of circumstances like:
- Installing incompatible app or apps with bugs and virus
- Keep mobile charged for long after it’s fully charged.
- Using a non-compatible charger.
- Using an old battery.
If you face the situations mentioned above, this is a case of Android screen black. Now, you need to follow the article below to get rid of this situation on your own.
Fix Pixel 4 XL Black screen Problem
This has happened due to the pressure exerted on the display. The best troubleshooting step that you can do in this particular case is to start the phone in recovery mode and if the screen works in this mode do a factory reset.
Step 1: Clear Cache from Recovery Mode
In case you don’t know what is recovery, the first thing the bootloader rings up is the recovery. Recovery Mode refers to a special bootable partition, which contains a recovery application installed in it. And you can fix some problems with your phone. Follow the steps to clear cache from recovery mode:
- Turn off your phone.
- Once it is turned off. Press and hold the power and volume down button simultaneously until the Google logo pops up.
- Release the Power button but keep holding down the Volume Down button until the recovery mode screen appears.
- Press the power button to boot into recovery mode.
- Use the Volume button to go to Wipe Cache Partition then press the Power button to confirm the selection.
- Press the Volume Down button to go to Wipe all user data option then press the Power button to confirm the selection.
- Wait until your device wipes out all cache or temporary data from the system partition.
- Then press the Volume Down button to go to the Reboot system now option.
- Press the Power button to confirm the selection.
Step 2: Factory Reset the Phone
Follow the below steps to factory reset Google Pixel 4 XL:
- Open Settings app from pixel launcher.
- Scroll down and tap on the System option.
- Tap on Advanced option.
- Tap on Reset option.
- Tap Erase all data (factory reset)
- And then select Erase Everything.
Additionally, you can also post your specific problem in Google Forum. If nothing works, you need to visit the authorized service center.
These were the tested methods to fix the Black screen or Screen of Death issue. And this can be 100% applicable for Google Pixel 4 XL as well. Well, if you followed the above steps perfectly then you will fix the Pixel 4 XL Black screen or Screen of Death issue.
Do you own a Pixel Device, or any Android device and need these types of simple tutorials? Then stay tunned to GetDroidTips’ Android Tips & Tricks column because many simple tutorials for Pixel are coming soon.
If you have any queries regarding this, the comment section always available for you.
- Pixel 4 XL Charging issue: Not Charging, Charging Slowly or Warm While Charging
- Google Pixel 4 XL not connecting to Bluetooth Accessories: How to Fix?
- My Google Pixel 4 XL stuck on the boot logo: How to Fix Boot loop Problem
- Google Pixel 4 XL Messaging App Crash and Freezes: How to Fix?
- Fix Google Pixel 4 XL WiFi Problem: Can’t Connect, No Internet, Disconnecting
- Pixel 4 XL Mobile Data not working: How to fix if the internet has a bug?
- How to Fix Screen Flickering Problem on Google Pixel 4 and 4 XL