Mobile games such as Pokémon Go have been popular for a few years now. This game has captured the hearts of millions of people around the world, and it is still a favorite today. While playing a mobile game, players may encounter some issues like any other. One such issue is when players enter an incorrect PIN or passkey. Players who are attempting to log into their accounts might find this frustrating. In this article, we will discuss the different ways to fix an incorrect PIN or passkey in Pokémon Go.
- What is an Incorrect PIN or Passkey?
- Causes of an Incorrect PIN or Passkey in Pokémon Go
- How to Fix Pokemon Go Incorrect Pin or Passkey Error?
- Preventing Incorrect PIN or Passkey Issues in Pokémon Go
What is an Incorrect PIN or Passkey?
In Pokémon Go, an incorrect PIN or passkey cannot be accessed unless it is entered correctly. Let’s define what an incorrect PIN or passkey is. Your Pokémon Go account can only be accessed by logging in with a PIN or passkey you create when you register. Similar to a password you use for email or social media, this is also a temporary password. If you enter the wrong password while logging into your Pokémon Go account, it is called an incorrect PIN or password.
Causes of an Incorrect PIN or Passkey in Pokémon Go
It is possible for players to encounter an incorrect PIN or passkey issue in Pokémon Go for a number of reasons. Here are a few causes you may want to consider:
- Typing Error: When you type an incorrect PIN or passkey, you are most likely to make a mistake. They may have entered their PIN incorrectly or typed their password incorrectly.
- Forgotten Password: Forgotten passwords are another common reason for incorrect PINs and passkeys. Players may forget their passwords if they don’t log in frequently.
- Account Hacking: Players who have had their accounts hacked may experience incorrect PINs or passkeys. It is possible for hackers to change players’ passwords, making it impossible to log in.
How to Fix Pokemon Go Incorrect Pin or Passkey Error?
Now that we have identified the causes of an incorrect PIN or passkey issue let’s move on to the solutions for fixing it.
Solution 1: Check for Typing Errors
To begin with, check for typing errors. Ensure that the password you entered is correct before trying anything else. You can easily make mistakes when typing, especially if you are in a hurry. Verify your password by typing it twice. It’s a good idea to type it again slowly and carefully if you’re not sure.
Solution 2: Reset Your Password
It is possible to reset your password if you have forgotten it. The steps are as follows:
- Your mobile device needs to be open in order to access the Pokémon Go app.
- On the login page, click the “Forgot password?” link.
- Then, your account’s email address must be entered.
- You will receive a link to reset your password in your email.
- Your password can be reset by clicking the link and following the instructions.
- Log in again after you have reset your password.
Solution 3: Use Your Google Account to Log In
When you sign up for Pokémon Go using your Google account, you can log in with that account. Here’s how:
- On your mobile device, launch Pokémon Go.
- On the login page, click “Sign in with Google”.
- You will need to enter the information associated with your Google account.
- To allow Pokémon Go to access your Google account, click “Allow”.
- After you’ve logged in with your Google account, you can play the game.
Solution 4: Contact Niantic Support
You can contact Niantic Support if none of these solutions work for you. If you’re having problems with Pokémon Go, you should contact Niantic, the company that developed and maintains the game. To contact Niantic Support, follow these steps:
- Check out Niantic Support’s website (https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/pokemon-go/).
- You can contact us by clicking “Contact Us” at the bottom of the page.
- Now, your name, email address, and a brief description of the problem should be entered into the form.
- Then click “Submit.”
- Niantic Support will contact you via email to help you resolve the issue.
Solution 5: Uninstall and Reinstall Pokémon Go
The only option you have if all else fails is to try uninstalling and reinstalling Pokémon Go. You will lose all data related to your account on your mobile device if you do this. Here’s how to uninstall and reinstall Pokémon Go:
- Go to the settings of your mobile device.
- Choose “Apps” or “Application Manager.”
- In the list of apps, look for Pokemon Go.
- Select “Uninstall.”
- On your mobile device, go to the app store.
- Search for Pokémon Go.
- Click on “Install.”
- Once Pokémon Go is installed, log in to your account and try playing the game.
Preventing Incorrect PIN or Passkey Issues in Pokémon Go
While fixing an incorrect passkey or PIN issue in Pokémon Go is important, preventing it from happening is even more crucial. To prevent incorrect PINs and passkeys, follow these tips:
- Use a strong password: Keep your password unique and strong. Don’t use the same password for multiple accounts. In this way, hackers will find it more difficult to gain access to your account.
- Change your password frequently: Keep your passwords updated to prevent hackers from accessing your account.
- Enable two-factor authentication: Authenticating using two factors provides you with an additional layer of security. Logging into your account requires entering a code sent to your phone or email in addition to your password.
- Log out when you’re finished playing: Be sure to log out of your Pokémon Go account at the end of your session. Your account will be protected from access by anyone with access to your device.
Also Read: How to Fix If Pokémon Go Coins Not Showing Up
It can be frustrating if your Pokémon Go PIN or password is incorrect, but it’s not the end of the world if your PIN is incorrect. In order to fix the problem, you can choose from several solutions. By following these tips, you can enjoy playing Pokémon Go without any issues. So, that’s how to fix the Pokemon Go Incorrect Pin or Passkey issue. We hope that this guide has helped you. For more info, comment below and let us know.