These days most of the gamers or streamers set up their desktop or PC/Laptop screen on the projector to duplicate one. However, sometimes some of the issues may appear when the Projector Duplicate not Working on the PC system. If you’re also one of the victims then check out this troubleshooting guide to fix the issue. In most cases, the desktop screen resolution doesn’t match the projector resolution or sometimes an incompatible/outdated driver can also cause projector duplicating issues.
The projector duplicate is so much useful in various aspects. However, the HDMI connectivity issue can also be a reason behind this. So, before heading over to the troubleshooting steps below, you should know that some of the possible workarounds can resolve this problem. Such as updating drivers, disabling built-in graphics, troubleshooting the device, updating Windows, performing a system restore, etc.
- How to Fix If Projector Duplicate not Working
How to Fix If Projector Duplicate not Working
Now, without wasting further time, let’s get into it.
1. Update Drivers
Outdated drivers can mainly cause multiple issues on the PC. So, all you need to do is to visit the specific motherboard manufacturer’s website and download all the latest driver version according to the model number.
Next, simply install all the drivers on your computer and restart it. Finally, try checking the projector duplicate regarding issues. Alternatively, you can also download and install any third-party driver updater tool on your PC to automatically update all the drivers without any extra effort.
2. Run Graphics Driver in Compatibility Mode
By running the compatibility mode, you can check out whether the program is suitable for running on Windows 10 or any earlier OS version.
- First of all, you’ll need to download the graphics driver on your PC according to your graphics card model number.
- Next, right-click on the downloaded graphics card driver > Select Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility mode > Select “Run this program in compatibility mode for:”.
- Simply select Windows 7 from the drop-down list > Click on Apply.
- Click on OK to save changes > Restart your computer and try checking for the issue again.
3. Adjust the same resolution for PC & Projector Screen
- Right-click on the Desktop (blank area) > Click on Display Settings.
- Under the Display Resolution, change the resolution according to your suitable one. (Make sure that both the screen resolution should be the same)
- Once done, you may not get the Projector Duplicate not working issue.
4. Change GPU Settings
Sometimes the graphics card settings can be misconfigured or overwritten unintentionally. So, you should check out the graphics card settings as well whether you’re using integrated HD graphics or a dedicated one.
- Head over to the graphics control center (Intel / AMD / Nvidia).
- Go to the Display section > Check for Secondary or Mirror display option.
- Select the primary display and save changes.
5. Disable In-Built Graphics
- Press Windows + X keys to open the Quick Start menu (Action menu).
- Click on Device Manager > Click on the Display adapters (arrow icon).
- Right-click on the graphics card whichever you’re using.
- Select Disable device > Click on Yes to confirm.
- Restart your computer and check whether the Projector Duplicate not working issue is appearing or not.
Note: If your problem has been fixed, make sure to Enable the graphics device again by following the same steps.
6. Use Cable Splitter
As the name suggests, a cable splitter has two ends that mean one end will go to the monitor and the other one will go to the secondary display (monitor or projector). A similar amount of signal or voltage will go to both ends for the seamless display without any issue.
7. Try Windows Troubleshooter
- Press Windows + I keys to open up the Windows Settings menu.
- Go to the Update & Security > Click on Troubleshoot from the left pane.
- Now, select Hardware and Devices from the right pane.
- Click on Run the troubleshooter and wait for the process to complete.
- Once the troubleshooting process completes, make sure to check for the issue again.
8. Run SFC and DISM Scan
- Click on Start > Type cmd.
- Then right-click on Command Prompt from the search results.
- Select Run as administrator > Type the below command and hit Enter:
- The SFC scan will start and will take around 10-15 minutes.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Now, try checking the projector issue again. If it persists, then type the below command on the command prompt and press Enter to execute the DISM scan:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Again it will take some time to complete. So, have some patience, and once done, restart your computer & try checking the problem whether it has been fixed or not.
9. Update Windows Build
- Go to Start menu > Click on Settings.
- Next, go to Update and Security.
- Click on Check for Updates > If any update is available, simply Download and Install it.
- Wait for the process to complete and then restart your computer.
- During the update process, don’t turn off your system.
- Finally, your PC will boot into the system again.
- Now, check whether the Projector Duplicate not working or not.
10. Perform a System Restore
- Press Windows + S keys to open up the Windows Search option.
- Now, type System Restore and click on Create a restore point.
- From the System Properties interface, click on the System Protection tab.
- Click on the System Restore button > Once the System Restore window appears, click Next.
- Click on Show more restore points (if any).
- Select your suitable system restore point that you’ve saved earlier.
- Click Next > Then follow the screen prompts to complete the process.
- You’re done.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, feel free to ask in the comment below.