Tom Clancy’s franchise is known for its action FPS gaming experience and Rainbow Six Siege is one of the Rainbow Six lineup video games released in 2015. It’s an elite and tactical team-based first-person shooter video game that allows players to plan & execute better tactics in the gameplay sessions. Though the overall gaming experience is excellent, several players are still encountering the Rainbow Six Siege Servers Unreachable Error while getting into the game.
It’s quite sad that even after so many years of the release, players are having server connectivity errors in multiplayer sessions. Ubisoft doesn’t have a good track record of fixing bugs and errors actively. However, the game is smooth and optimized enough for the majority of the players across all platforms. But somehow the server unreachable error becomes frustrating to the players that we can’t deny. Well, it might happen due to multiple reasons which include server downtime, an outdated game, temporary glitches, internet issues, etc.
- Fix: Rainbow Six Siege Servers Unreachable Error
Fix: Rainbow Six Siege Servers Unreachable Error
Fortunately, here we’ve shared with you a couple of possible workarounds that should come in handy. Make sure to follow all methods until the problem gets fixed. So, without further ado, let’s jump into it.
1. Reboot the PC
First, you should reboot the computer to easily refresh the temporary system glitch or cache data issue that might trouble a lot of server connectivity. Make sure to shut down the PC and then unplug the power cord from the socket to power cycle the device at the same time. Some users did find this trick useful. So, try it once.
2. Check the Internet Connection
Make sure to check your internet connection before jumping to any other conclusion because a poor or unstable internet connection can trigger many issues with the game launching or connecting to the game servers online. Try switching your wired (ethernet) connection to Wi-Fi (wireless) or vice versa, and then check for the networking issue again.
You can also increase the internet speed by upgrading your data plan (if required) or contacting your service provider to assign a new IP address.
3. Run the Game as an administrator
Make sure to run the game executable application as an administrator to avoid user account control regarding privilege issues. To do this:
- Right-click on the Rainbow Six Siege application file on your PC.
- Now, select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to select it.
- Click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
4. Update Rainbow Six Siege
Sometimes an outdated game version can also bring multiple bugs or issues such as game save issues as well as in-game achievement updating issues. It’s better to update your Rainbow Six Siege game by following the steps below. If an update is available, then install the latest patch. To do this:
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on Rainbow Six Siege from the left pane.
- It’ll automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, make sure to click on Update.
- The process may take some time > Once done, close the Steam client.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes, and then try launching the game again.
For Ubisoft Connect:
- Open Ubisoft Connect (Uplay) on your computer > Log in to your Ubisoft account.
- Click on the Menu icon > Go to Settings.
- Click on Downloads from the left pane > Check the Enable automatic game updates checkbox to enable it.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Head over to Library.
- Now, click on the three dots icon of Rainbow Six Siege.
- Make sure the Auto Update option is turned on.
5. Verify and Repair the Game Files
In case, there is an issue with the installed game files on the directory and somehow it gets corrupted or missing then repairing the game files will be useful. Thankfully, most of the game clients do the job for you in an easy way.
- Launch Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Rainbow Six Siege from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer.
For Ubisoft Connect:
- Open the Ubisoft Connect software on the PC.
- Click on the Games tab > Select the Rainbow Six Siege game tile.
- Now, select the arrow icon on the bottom right side.
- A drop-down menu will appear > Click on Verify files.
- If prompted, click on Repair.
- Wait for the repair process to be completed.
- Then reboot the PC to apply changes.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Click on Library.
- Click on the three-dots icon of Rainbow Six Siege.
- Now, click on Verify and it’ll start verifying the game files.
- Wait for the process to complete and restart the launcher.
6. Allow Ubisoft Connect and RSS in Windows Firewall
You can try whitelisting the Rainbow Six Siege program and the Ubisoft Connect application in the Windows Firewall protection by following the steps below to avoid game launching or achievement synchronization issues.
- Open the Start menu > Search for Control Panel and open it.
- Go to Systems and Security > Open Windows Firewall.
- Select Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall.
- Now, click on Change settings > Select Allow another app.
- Select Browse > Click to select Rainbow Six Siege.
- Click on Add and make sure to save changes.
- Next, make sure to add Ubisoft Connect in the same way.
- Finally, save the changes, and reboot the PC.
7. Close Ubisoft Processes in Task Manager
Another thing you can do is simply close the specific Ubisoft Connect task from the system to ensure there is no additional consumption of system resources happening in the background whatsoever. To do so:
- Press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab > Select the Ubisoft task that you want to close.
- Once selected, click on End Task.
- Ensure the closing of all Ubisoft-related processes and other unnecessary third-party tasks.
- Once done, restart your PC to change the effects immediately.
8. Update Network Driver
A networking driver is useful to run network-related ongoing connections on your Windows computer. That means it should be updated to the latest version to keep things smoother. It’s not always necessary that the problem is happening at your router or ISP. An outdated networking driver can also cause damage. To update it:
- Press the Win+X keys to open the Quick Access Menu.
- Now, click on Device Manager > Double-click on Network adapters.
- Right-click on the active network adapter > Select Update driver.
- Choose Search automatically for drivers. If there is an update available, it’ll automatically download and install the update.
- Once done, make sure to restart your computer to apply changes.
9. Try Using Google DNS
It seems that somehow your specific DNS address is having some blocking issues with the Rainbow Six Siege game server. So, you should try using the public DNS address on the PC or router manually adding DNS server addresses which will let you connect and synchronize the game servers easily.
- Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialogue box.
- Now, type ncpa.cpl and hit Enter to open Network Connections.
- Double-click on the Wi-Fi or Ethernet network from the list.
- Click on Properties > Double-click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Click to select Use the following DNS server addresses.
- Next, enter 188.8.131.52 for the Preferred DNS server and 184.108.40.206 for the Alternate DNS server.
- Once done, click on OK to save changes.
- Make sure to restart your computer to apply changes.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.