The Chinese OEM Oppo’s sub-brand Realme has recently launched the Realme X50 Pro smartphone that runs on Android 10 on top of ColorOS 7 out-of-the-box. The handset looks really great and the punch-hole dual camera display also looks awesome. Though the handset has a Super AMOLED display, it has Full-HD+ resolution, a 20:9 aspect ratio, 90Hz refresh rate, up to 12GB RAM, quad rear cameras, dual selfie cameras, and more.
Now, if you’re using this handset and want to upgrade to the latest software version that you’ve missed earlier or didn’t get yet, then you’re in right place. Here we have provided the Realme X50 Pro Software Update Tracker along with the firmware download links below.
Sometimes, users didn’t receive any particular software OTA update due to some server or carrier-related issues mostly. That only happens due to the incremental roll-out process by the smartphone OEMs. So, if you think that your device isn’t getting the latest software OTA updates automatically, then you can manually check for it by following our guide. We have shared the full list of software update details below. Now, head over to the device specifications at first before going to the update tracker.
The Realme X50 Pro 5G sports a 6.44 inches Full HD+ ( i.e. with 1080 x 2400 pixels) Super AMOLED display with a 90 Hz refresh rate and gets protected by the Corning Gorilla Glass 5. It has also a screen to body ratio of 84.9 percent, an aspect ratio of 20:9, a pixel density of 409 Pixel Per Inch ( PPI ).
Underneath the Realme X50 Pro 5G, it sports the Qualcomm‘s flagship Snapdragon 865 SoC that is built on the 7nm process and comes with the Snapdragon X55 modem for 5G capability. To the GPU side, it has the Adreno 650 which clocks at 587 MHz. The device comes in three different variants i.e. one with the 6GB RAM & 128GB storage, the middle 8GB RAM + 128GB storage, and finally the top-end 12GB RAM + 256GB storage variant. What’s more interesting is that all the storage options come with UFS 3.0. And for the first time, Realme has ditched the micro SD card from its device.
Talking about optics, the Realme X50 Pro has a quad rear camera setup. The quad rear camera includes a primary 64MP Samsung GW1 sensor with an f/1.8 aperture value, PDAF, and 20x zoom and 6P lens. This primary 64MP sensor coupled with a secondary 12MP telephoto sensor with an f/2.5 aperture value. Further, this also has a tertiary 8MP ultra-wide sensor with a field of view of 109-degree with f/2.3 aperture value & 5P lens, and finally a 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture value. To the front, it has two sensors, which include a primary 32MP sensor with an f/2.5 aperture value. This primary sensor also couples with an 8MP ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture value and a field of view of 105 degrees.
The Realme X50 Pro 5G packs a 4200 mAh battery with charges over a USB type c port. This battery supports 65W fast charging and Realme calls it as SuperDart Charging. The brand claims that it can be charged up to 100% in just 35 minutes and it also supports Power Delivery. The phone runs on the latest Android 10 out of the box with Realme’s own Realme UI skin on top. Connectivity options on the phone include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot. Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD, GPS with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS. GALILEO, NavIC, NFC, and 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector.
Other sensors in this device include accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass. The Realme X50 Pro 5G is available in two color options namely the Mass Green and Rust Red. Coming to the dimensions of this device, it measures around 159 x 74.2 x 8.9 mm (6.26 x 2.92 x 0.35 in). And weighs about 205 grams.
Realme X50 Pro Software Update Tracker
Whenever a new official stock firmware update will be available for the Realme X50 Pro model, we will keep updating the update tracker list here with the changelog and download links.
● Updated Android security patch: Nov, 2020Flashlight
● Added short-press the power button to turn off flashlight feature while screen-offPrivacy Safe
● Fixed the probabilistic issue of being required to enter password twice to log into Privacy SafeScreenshot
● Fixed the issue of a screenshot floating toggle flashing on the screenshot setting page
Personalize the user interface to make it your own.
– You can now create your own wallpaper by picking colors from your photos.
– Third-party icons for apps on the home screen are now supported.
– Three Dark mode styles are available: Enhanced, medium, and gentle; wallpapers and icons can be adjusted to Dark mode; and the display contrast can be adjusted automatically to ambient light.
– You can now drag text, images, or files out of a floating window or from one app to another app in Split screen mode.
– Optimized the editing page of Smart Sidebar: Two tabs are displayed and the order of items can be customized.
– Added “Tone tunes”: Consecutive notification tones will be linked to form a single melody.
– You can now determine a time period when Do Not Disturb is on.
– Optimized the user interfaces of Notes: New visuals are provided on the list and editing pages.
– Added weather animations to provide you with a more interesting experience.
– Optimized vibration effects for text input and gameplay.
– Optimized “Auto brightness”.
– You can now remove a folder or combine it with another one.
– Added filters for “Drawer mode”: You can now filter apps by letters, install time, or usage frequency to quickly find an app.
[Security and Privacy]
– Added “System cloner”: You can create a system clone from your main system and use different fingerprints to enter different systems.
– You can now turn “App lock” on or off in Quick Settings.
– Added “Low battery message”: When your phone battery is lower than 15%, you can quickly send a message to share your location with specified people.
– More powerful SOS functions
– Emergency info: You can quickly display your personal emergency info to first responders. The information can be shown even when your screen is locked.
– Optimized “Permission manager”: You can now choose “Allow only once” for sensitive permissions to better protect your privacy.
– Added Immersive mode which reduces disturbances while gaming so you can stay focused.
– You can change the way to summon Game Assistant.
– You can share your personal hotspot with others via a QR code.
– Added the Cloud Sync for Private Safe feature which allows you to sync the photos in your Private Safe to the cloud.
– Optimized the photo editing feature with upgraded algorithms and more markup effects and filters.
– You can back up your photos, documents, system settings and more, and easily migrate to a new phone.
– You can select the types of data to be backed up or restored.
– Added shortcuts to instantly share and edit photos or videos.
– Added the inertial zoom feature which makes zooming smoother during video shooting.
– Added the lens stain detection feature.
– Added the level and grid feature to help you compose videos.
– Added Sleep Capsule, help you schedule downtime and secure your sleep time
– Added “Sound amplifier”: You can amplify faint sounds in the environment and soften loud sounds when wearing earphones.
Updated Android security patch: September 2020
Optimized the responding speed when turing power saving mode on and off
Fixed the probabilistic issue of unable to connect to 5G network when switching network modes
Added Disable physical buttons in screenshot settings
Fixed the probabilistic overlap issue of scrolling screenshot
Fixed the layout issue when scrolling screenshot in screenshot settings after a horizontal screenshot
Android security patch: August, 2020
Added Smooth scrolling feature
Added Super nighttime standby feature
Added DC dimming feature: Formerly known as Low-brightness flicker-free eye comfort
Added auto scroll feature in scrolling screenshot
Added new style profile photo of contacts
Added Deep cleanup feature in Process Manager
Added return button in the screenshot preview interface
Optimized status bar viewing, added second display option
Added OTG Switch toggle to notification panel
Added independent Switch toggles of focus mode
Optimized “Mute-Bell-Vibrate” icon state
Added long press to uninstall apps directly in the app drawer
● Android security patch: October, 2020Settings
● Added toggle for system icons in Status bar
● Added From Sunset to Sunrise toggle for eye comfort
● Added toggle for display keyboard when entering app drawerAlbum
● Fixed the probabilistic screen flicker when entering the album
Added 5G Switch toggles of the notification panel
Added Autoplay feature
Optimized flight mode, Bluetooth status will not be affected after flight mode is turned on
Optimized the transparency of swipe back gesture style
Optimized the default brightness adjustment mechanism in Power Saving Mode
Optimized the turn off automatically mechanism when charged in Power Saving Mode
Optimized network performance to improve stability
Optimized the power consumption issue of PUBG
Optimized the heating issue of games
Fixed the uneven volume change issue of the first few levels when connected to Bluetooth headset.
Fixed the lower volume issue when connected to Airpods/Enco Free
Fixed the NFC file transfer ringing issue after changing NFC notification sound
● Android security patch: April, 2020Desktop
● Changed the charging iconSettings
● Added Vivid Mode to Screen Color ModeCamera
● Added function of recording 60FPS 4K videos
● Optimized the quality of photosOptimization
● Optimized the screen redness at the low brightness in some scenes
● Optimized network stabilityKnown issue fixed
● Fixed screen rounded corner problem
China Software Update:
Update Android security patch (2020#9)
Added Soloop instant recording app
Added Huantai Mall APP
Added a new screenshot setting page, adding a physical button screenshot switch
Fix the problem of duplication of long screenshots with low probability in some scenes
Fixed the issue of the abnormal layout when jumping to the screenshot setting interface after taking a horizontal screenshot and then taking a long screenshot
Optimize the system response speed when turning on and off the power-saving mode
Fix the problem that the switch network mode can not connect to the 5G network with low probability
Fix the problem that there is no prompt language when swiping up and exiting in horizontal screen games
Update Android security patch (2020#7)
Added night super standby function to optimize the problem of fast standby power down at night
Added 5G shortcut switch
Added game hook function
Optimized the slide back style transparency
Optimize the default brightness adjustment mechanism in power-saving mode
Optimize the automatic charging shutdown mechanism in power-saving mode
Fix the problem of uneven volume changes in the first few levels of Bluetooth headsets
Fix the problem of low volume when connecting to Airpods/Enco Free
Optimize the power consumption of peaceful elite game
Optimized the problem of fever in-game scenes
Fix the problem of game lag caused by probabilistic network degradation in the game of Honor of Kings
Fixed the problem that the NFC keeps ringing when transferring files after changing the NFC notification sound
Fix the problem of changing the default network card after the phone restarts
Update Android security patch (2020#6)
Perform multiple optimizations on the network to improve network stability and performance
Optimized the experience when using the main card data network when playing dual cards
Optimize the compatibility of three-party applications in dark mode
Fixed occasional flashing of status bar when switching to dark mode
Optimized input method will occasionally experience combos
Optimized the problem of low probability of splash screen in X50 Pro player version rear main camera under certain lighting scenes
Fix the problem that the three-party font is not effective on the camera interface
Fix the problem that the vibration adjustment intensity series is not obvious
Fix the problem that the status bar will prompt to ring when the alarm is turned off
Update default wallpaper
New 5G network mode
Optimize camera shooting
Optimized the stability of front and back camera continuous shooting
Optimize 4K video mode preview and video stability
Optimize audio effect
Optimize system stability
Optimized interface display
Optimize the recovery time after the data network is disconnected
Optimize WiFi and data network switching time
Fix the problem of delay in the homepage of King Glory
Update Android security patch (2020 # 5)
● Update Google security patch in AprilSet up
● Screen color mode adds vivid modeCamera
● Added 60 frames of 4K video recording function
● Optimize camera shootingOptimization
● Optimized the reddish problem when the screen is low in some scenes
● The optimized data network occasionally has the problem of disconnectionRepair
● Fix the problem that the rounded corner effect will be displayed in the middle of the screen with low probability
● Add OTG switch
Display optimization :
● Optimize the display effect of some interfaces
Bug fix :
● Fix the problem of small chance of flashback when entering the album
● Fix the problem that the screen brightness will change light and dark under certain specific brightness
● Update March 2020 security patchSystem
● Improve system stability
● Improve background application keep-alive abilityApplication
● Phone Manager application updated to version 7.1.4Network
● Enhance Wi-Fi signal
● Improve network stabilityFix
● Optimize the camera effect and camera application stability
● Optimize the call and audio playback effect
● Fix the problem that the video capture interface will be stuck in a small probability
How to Check Software Update on Realme X50 Pro
Before going to the manual firmware upgrade process, if you feel that your device isn’t receiving the OTA update notification for a while, then you can check for the software update manually. In order to do this:
Go to the device Settings > System updates. It will search for the software update and you will get notified if a new update is available on your device. Simply grab the firmware version by downloading and installing it.
Additionally, it’s recommended to maintain the phone charge at least up to 50%-60% and connect your device to a Wi-Fi for a faster and stable download.