Red Solstice 2: Survivors, Ironwood’s much-awaited video game, has finally released. It is basically a single-player RPG online co-operation video game. Gamers from all around the globe are very excited to play the game. And why not? It is the sequel to the previous bestseller, The Red Solstice.
Nevertheless, according to many reports, players face game crashing and sometimes not launching issues on their PC. It is undoubtedly frustrating and annoying for you all. But, now you don’t get to be a fuss! Game crashing or not launching issues can be easily fixed via some easy troubleshooting fixes. This article focuses on the same. So, you have to just read the article till the end and apply the given fixes to get rid of the particular issue. Let’s see how?
- How To Fix Red Solstice 2: Survivors Crashing/ Not Launching on PC?
- Fix 1: First Check The System Requirements
- Fix 2: Update Windows OS and Graphics Drivers
- Fix 3: Force Close Unnecessary Background Tasks
- Fix 4: Disable the Steam Overlay
- Fix 5: Disable GeForce Experience Overlay
- Fix 6: Verify the Game Integrity
- Fix 7: Use Windowed Mode
How To Fix Red Solstice 2: Survivors Crashing/ Not Launching on PC?
Here we have listed all the possible fixes available to resolve this issue. So, in order to fix Red Solstice 2: Survivors crashing/ not launching on PC, you can follow the following fixes step-by-step:
Fix 1: First Check The System Requirements
If Red Solstice 2: Survivors is crashing too much on your PC, you must check whether your PC is fulfilling the game’s minimum system requirements. If your PC configuration is not compatible with the requirement, you have to upgrade your system to play the game.
Red Solstice 2: Survivors Minimum System Requirement
- OS: Windows 7
- Processor: Intel Core i5-2300 or AMD FX-4350
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTS 450, 1GB or AMD Radeon HD 5750, 1 GB
- Storage: 50GB available space
Red Solstice 2: Survivors Recommended System Requirement
- OS: Windows 10
- Processor: Intel Core i5-4690K or Ryzen 3 1300X
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, 3 GB or AMD Radeon R9 290X, 4GB
- Storage: 50GB available space
Now, match the requirements with your system. If all are matching, then move to the next fixes.
Fix 2: Update Windows OS and Graphics Drivers
Due to the outdated Operating System, games like Red Solstice 2: Survivors may experience crashing issues. Also, keep in mind, modern games require updated graphics drivers. Updating reduces the risk of system glitches, bugs, and crashes. Plus improves performance and security. Anyways, if you don’t know the process to update windows and graphics driver, then not to worry.
To Update Windows OS, follow the following steps:
- Go to Update & Security in Settings
- Now, select check for updates. If any update is available, then select Download and Install
- After updating completes, restart the PC and relaunch the game to see if the issue has resolved or not.
Now, to Update Graphics Driver, follow the following steps:
- Visit the official website of your graphics card manufacturers.
- Such as Nvidia graphics users must visit Nvidia official site, and AMD graphics card users must visit the AMD website
- There you can manually download the latest version of your graphics driver and install it.
Fix 3: Force Close Unnecessary Background Tasks
Sometimes, without your knowledge, many programs installed on your PC run in the background. And this uses your resources which might lead to the game crashing or not launching on your PC. Therefore, it’s important to close all the unnecessary background running tasks. You can use the Task Manager app in order to force close unnecessary apps.
So, open Task Manager and then click Processes. Now, select all the unnecessary background running tasks. After this, select End Task and then restart your PC. Now, relaunch Red Solstice 2: Survivors and see if the crashing issue has fixed or not.
Fix 4: Disable the Steam Overlay
Steam Overlay has lots of cool features. However, enabling Steam Overlay consumes lots of your resources on your computer. That is why we suggest you disable it to fix the Red Solstice 2: Survivors crashing/ not launching on PC.
So, in order to disable the Steam Overlay, you can follow the steps given below:
- First of all, open Steam on your PC and then directly go to the library
- Now, click Red Solstice: Survivors and then click on Enable the Steam Overlay to disable it.
- Click Ok once the checkbox mark is removed.
Now, restart the game to check for the crashing issue on your PC. If it is still crashing or not launching, don’t panic. You can still try other fixes given below.
Fix 5: Disable GeForce Experience Overlay
Still, crashing issue exists on your PC? You can also try to disable GeForce Experience Overlay if you are an NVIDIA user. As this also uses lots of your computer resources. So, in order to disable GeForce Experience Overlay, you can follow the following steps:
- Firstly, open GeForce Experience.
- Now you have to click the Gear icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- Then under the General section, click on the In-Game Overlay button to turn off this feature. It will be in toggled form.
Now, you have successfully disabled GeForce Experience Overlay on your PC. Restart the Red Solstice 2: Survivors to see if the crashing/ not launching issue has resolved or not.
Fix 6: Verify the Game Integrity
Corrupted game files could be another possible reason your Red Solstice 2: Survivors crashing or not launching during gameplay. Generally, game file corruption occurs during the game installation or when the program is closed forcefully. Therefore, it’s necessary to check the game’s integrity. In order to check integrity, you can follow the following steps:
- Restart your computer and then open Steam
- Now, go to the library. Here on the left side, you will find Red Solstice 2: Survivors.
- Right-click on it and then select Properties
- You have to now click the Verify Integrity of game files button in the local file section.
- Verification will take some time, so you have to wait till it gets completed.
Once it is done, relaunch the game and see if the Red Solstice 2: Survivors crashing/not launching issue on PC has fixed or not.
Fix 7: Use Windowed Mode
Last but not least! You can shift to Windowed mode to fix the crashing/ not launching issue. Windowed mode basically consumes less processing resources. You can follow the following steps to shift to windowed mode:
- In Steam, go to the library and then right-click on Red Solstice 2: Survivors
- Now, select properties and set the Launch Options button in the general section
- You have to now copy the following codes in the text field
- Click Ok
Also Read: How To Fix Spotify Web Player Not Working
Now, relaunch the game and play Red Solstice 2: Survivors without any interruptions. However, if still the issue appears, contact the support team and ask them for help.
So, that’s it, guys. We hope you can fix Red Solstice 2: Survivors crashing/ not launching on PC issue. If you have any further queries or even any suggestions for us, you can comment below.