In this guide, we will list out the steps to safely remove the unnecessary system bloatware apps on Xiaomi Mi 10i. The devices from this Chinese OEM comes with MIUI as the underlying OS skin. It is known to be among the most customizable Android skin released to date. Beholding a plethora of features and tweaks, there’s a lot to try out. But on the flip side, these devices also come baked in with quite a few system-installed and bloatware. From Joyose (Ad Analytics Tracker) to Market Feedback Agent, MIUI Daemon, and HybridAccessory, most of these are hardly ever used by the end-users.
If these have been third-party apps then you could easily uninstall them via the device’s Settings page. However, the issue is that they are treated as system apps. Hence you wouldn’t be able to remove these apps from your device (unless rooted). At the most, they could only be disabled. But the developers seem to have found a workaround for this as well. You could now safely remove the unnecessary system bloatware apps on the Xiaomi Mi 10i device. Let’s check out the required instruction steps for the same.
Remove Unnecessary System Bloatware Apps on Xiaomi Mi 10i
Before we list out the steps to carry out the aforementioned task, let’s make you acquainted with the system bloatware apps that you could remove without breaking the device’s functionality. We would like to thank XDA Member saifsuse for this list:
Apps that Could be Safely Removed
- Analytics (This gathers data about your phone usage and send it back to Xiaomi for analysis.)
- App Vault (This is the local backup feature of MIUI. Don’t uninstall it if you plan to do local backups.)
- Google Chrome
- Joyose (Ad Analytics Tracker)
- MSA (Stands for MIUI System Ads, this is the core app that feeds your device with MIUI Ads.)
- Market Feedback Agent (Google Feedback module to Play Store Apps)
- Mi Credit
- Mi Pay
- MIUI Daemon (Data collector)
- PartnerBookmarks (Shows unwanted bookmarks on your stock and Google Chrome browsers)
- Services & Feedback
- SoterService (Useful only in China. This is a module for WeChat Pay.)
- WMService (Another data collecting app)
How to Remove System Bloatware Apps on Mi 10i
Now that you are aware of the system bloatware apps that could be removed from your Xiaomi Mi 10i, let’s check out how this could be achieved.
STEP 1: Download Xiaomi ADB/Fastboot Tools
To begin with, download the Xiaomi ADB/Fastboot Tools on your PC (Credits: Szaki). This tool also comes with some other useful functionalities. To know more about its other features (apart from bloatware removal), you could refer to its page on GitHub.
STEP 2: Install JAVA
The Xiaomi ADB/Fastboot Tools is a JAR Executable file, hence you would need to have Java installed on your PC. We have shared the link for the same for all the three OS, refer to the one that meets your requirements:
- Windows: Oracle Java from here or OpenJDK from here.
- macOS: Oracle Java from here
- Linux: Oracle Java from here
STEP 3: Install ADB and USB Drivers
Next up, you will have to download two drivers. The first one is the Android SDK Platform Tools that will provide the necessary ADB and Fastboot binaries. Then download and install the Xiaomi USB Drivers so that your device is able to establish a successful connection with your PC. Once both of them are installed, proceed to the next step to remove the unnecessary system bloatware apps from the Xiaomi Mi 10i device
STEP 4: Enable USB Debugging
You will also have to enable USB Debugging on your device. This will make your device recognizable by your PC in ADB mode. So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on MIUI number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
STEP 5: Remove Bloatware via Xiaomi ADB/Fastboot Tools
Now that we are done with the prerequisites, it’s time to start off with the process. Follow along for the steps:
- To begin with, connect your device to the PC via USB cable.
- Then launch the Xiaomi ADB/Fastboot Tools on your PC.
- You will now get the USB Authorization message on your device, tap on Allow.
- Your device will now be identified by the tool and will appear on the top left section.
- You may now select all bloatware that you wish to remove from the device.
- Finally, hit the Uninstall button and wait till the selected apps get removed.
That’s it. These were the steps to safely remove the unnecessary system bloatware apps on your Xiaomi Mi 10i device. If you have any queries do let us know in the comments section below. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks that you should check out as well.