Motorola unveiled the Motorola One Hyper back in December 2019 and the device comes with decent mid-range specs. For instance, you get the Snapdragon 675 processor with 4 GB of RAM, there is the onboard storage capacity of 128GB, and it comes with Android 10 out of the box. In the camera department, it has a dual-camera setup with a 64 MP primary shooter and a pop-up 32 MP selfie camera. You get a massive 4000 mAh battery along with a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner as well. But, we are here for a different purpose and that is how to restore stock firmware on Motorola One Hyper phone. As in this post, we will guide you on how to restore back to stock firmware on Motorola One Hyper smartphone.
If you are stuck with a buggy custom ROM or there are some important feature that is only available with the stock firmware then, this guide is exactly for you. Notably, users go back to stock ROM because either they want to claim a warranty or probably trying to sell their phone. In fact, stock firmware lets you install over the air system updates. Besides, with the help of restoring the stock firmware, users can unbrick their devices and also downgrade to a more stable version. Moreover, the guide is easy to follow but we would recommend you to follow each of the steps in order any issues. So, without any further ado, let us take a look at the article itself;
- You need to download ADB Android SDK Platform tool
- Make sure that you have unlocked the bootloader on Motorola One Hyper. For a complete guide click here.
- Download the latest Motorola USB Drivers.
- Note that you need to take a complete backup of your device because this procedure will wipe off everything on your device.
- Charge your Motorola smartphone to at least 60%.
Steps to Restock Firmware of Motorola One Hyper
- Go to Settings then to About phone and find your build number.
- Enable the Developer Option on your device. To do this go to Settings>> About>> Software Information>> More. Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a message “Developer option enabled”.
- Now head back to Settings>> Enable the OEM Unlock by going to Settings>> Developer Option and Enable USB Debugging.
- Now, download the factory image for your Moto One Hyper phone.
- Extract the content of the file into the same folder where you have extracted the platform-tools.
- Open the CMD or command prompt by pressing the Shift + Right-click combination on the same folder where you have extracted the contents of the ADB and Fastboot Tools.
- Type in the below commands in the CMD and press Enter;
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your smartphone is in bootloader mode, you need to enter the following command:
- Your device’s serial number will be shown after entering the above command.
- Enter the below command to start flashing the stock firmware:
fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash bluetooth BTFM.bin
fastboot flash dsp dspso.bin
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.6
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.7
fastboot flash system_b system_other.img
fastboot flash oem oem.img
fastboot erase carrier
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase ddr
- Once everything is successfully done, enter the below command:
- That’s it!
So, there you have it from my side in this post. I hope you guys liked this post and were able to restore the stock firmware on your Moto One Hyper Android smartphone. Moreover, you can go ahead and flash any custom recovery like TWRP to root your device and open the world of customizations. Let us know in the comments if you successfully restore the stock firmware on your Moto One Hyper using the above method or not. Until the next post…Cheers!