Over the past two years, since its inception, Realme has built a name for itself in the smartphone market. Especially here in India, Realme is a preferred brand for users who are looking for top-of-the-line specs at an affordable price. Realme started off concentrating all its might on the Indian users and later on expanded its coverage to Europe and other parts of the Asian region. The latest research report from Counterpoint Research also points out that “Realme is the fastest growing (157% YoY) brand globally in Q1 2020.” This is very sound and happy news for Realme as a brand because, in times where other OEMs are failing to meet ends need, there is a brand that has grown tremendously.
Though many of you would give credit to the company’s continuous innovation and frequent addition of smartphones for its rise, one cannot forget the good work that Realme has done to push the latest updates for its devices. In fact, Realme was some of the only brands that came up with a dedicated Android 10 update roadmap and adhered to it, even today. The majority of its phones are already running Android 10 with Realme UI 1.0.
Realme not only caters to the mid-range or budget segment of consumers, but it has some really affordable flagship devices under its portfolio as well. Take Realme X for example, which came out in 2019. In this post, we will give you a complete software update tracker for the Realme X, so that you will be able to stay updated regarding new updates whenever it is pushed for the Realme X. So, with that being said, let us take a look at the article itself:
Realme X Specification Overview
Talk about specifications, Realme X is powered by Snapdragon 710 chipset which is coupled with 4-8 GB of RAM. It houses a 3765 mAh battery, a dual-camera setup at the back with a 48 MP primary shooter, and a 5 MP depth camera. It sports a 6.5-inch display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. Realme X offers onboard storage options of up to 256 GB and also sports the pop-up 16 MP selfie camera.
It features an under-display fingerprint scanner and supports Fast charging 20W with VOOC 3.0. Coming to the software department, it comes with Android 9 Pie out of the box and has been updated with Android 10 (Realme UI 1.0).
What is Realme UI?
It is no brainer that Realme’s parent company is Oppo. Which is the reason why the company up until the release of Android 10, went ahead with the ColorOS custom UI as their default skin, which turns out to be the stock UI for all the Oppo phones. However, with the launch of Android 10, Realme decided to ditch the ColorOS UI and went ahead with its own version of the custom UI called Realme UI. Notably, it was bundled with Android 10, and devices receiving Android 10 updates would also be upgraded with Realme UI 1.0.
Realme UI brings in tons of new features (some borrowed from ColorOS 7, of course). Here is a list of features that Realme UI packs to give you an overview of the freshness of this latest Realme skin:
- Customizable icon styles
- Animated Wallpapers
- Always On Display
- Dual Audio
- Smart Sidebar
- Dark Mode
- Enhanced Privacy and Protection
- Focus Mode
- Digital Wellbeing
- Screen Light Effects
- System Themes
- Game Space
Why To Install Realme UI?
Well, there is no choice for the users other than to install the Android 10 update and if you wish to enjoy the Android 10 update, then you will also be getting Realme UI custom UI. But, that is not a bad thing, because this new UI brings in tons of new features and if you compare with ColorOS 7, which Oppo has bundled with Android 10 update for its devices, Realme UI brings in several new features for the phone. So, there isn’t much choice left for the Realme users than to update their phone with an Android 10 update that also tags Realme UI along with it.
Realme X Software Update Tracker
Below is the software update tracker for Realme X
- Update Android security patch (2021#07)
- Optimize system performance and improve system stability
- Optimize the recognition accuracy of SMS numbers in some scenarios
- Fix the problem that the network statement popup disappears when using the cloud service system return function
- Update Android security patch (2021#3&2021#4)
● Updated Android security patch (February & March 2021)Setting
● Optimized the switch logic of Control Center
● Fixed the probabilistic restoring to default ringtone issue in call ringtone
● Fixed the probabilistic voice failure issue in PUBG
● Optimized system performance and improved system stability
- Updated Android security patch: December 2020, January 2021
- Added short-press the power button to turn off flashlight feature while screen-off
- Fixed the issue that two cancel buttons appear when the input box is clicked multiple times in the weather
- Fixed the probabilistic issue of failure to open Bluetooth scanning
- Fixed the probabilistic issue that Photos cannot play HDR videos
- Fixed the probabilistic issue of crashing when entering the alarm details
- Fixed the probabilistic issue that VOLTE be registered
- Android Security Patch Level Update: August 2019
- Modify Qualcomm WiFi security vulnerabilities to enhance system stability
- Support OSIE Vision Effect for TikTok/Likee/Vmate/Vigo video Apps
- Modify no Dolby sound effects in special scenes
- Android security patch: September 2019
- Added the manual lock feature by long-press the power button
- Manual limit the network speed of hotspot connected device
- Display the data consumed by connected devices
- Customizable data consumed reminder
- Display the screen on time
- Added Google Digital Wellbeing
- Added date and weather widget
- Optimized Smart Assistant interface
- Notification Center and Status Bar
- Redesigned the notification center style
- Swipe left or right to remove the message prompt after receiving the message
- Power Consumption
- Partial scene power consumption optimization
- Known Issue Fixed
- Fix the issue of the camera rising up when the WhatsApp video call
- Android security patch: October 2019
- Updated charging animation
- Font feature to Theme Store has been added
- Brings the realme Laboratory
- Integrates Dark Mode
- Added option for notification dots for updates
- Quickly enter hidden applications list with fingerprints
- Notification Center and Status Bar
- Adds option to swipe down on home screen for global search or notification center
- fast switch toggle between SIMs in notification center
- Removal of the reminder after the hotspot enables
- The prompt for detection of rooted phone is removed
- Improves touch experience when gaming
- Known issues fixed
- Fixed some applications’ behavior
- Android security patch: November, 2019
- Added click the blank area to back to the launcher on recent task interface
- Notification Center and Status Bar
- Added dark mode fast switch toggles in notification center
- Added flash on call feature
- Known issues fixed
- Fixed the contents is not clear of the dialog of the WhatsApp while enabled the dark mode
- Fixed the WeChat process been shut after dark mode enabled
- Fixed volume lower when playing music after the power saving mode turned off the Dolby
- Fixed touch not responding issue after the exit game
- Fixed issue of download the sticker shows the network connection failed with data via VPN tools
- Android security patch: December 2019
- Known issue fixed
- Fixed partial known issue, improved system stability.
- Android security patch: February 2020
- Updated some third-party applications to the latest version
- Fixed some known bugs, and improved system stability
- Added Airtel and Jio VoWiFi feature
- Updated UI to realme UI
- Brand new Real Design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
- Smart Sidebar
- Optimized user interface and improved one-handed operation.
- Optimized Smart Sidebar: Replaced File Console with File Manager; removed OSIE Visual Effect and No Notification Alerts.
- Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen Mode.
- Added two new features: “Assistive Ball Opacity” and “Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App”.
- Optimized the Floating Window feature for more apps.
- Added Bubbles: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse or open the app.
- Optimized 3-Finger Screenshot Gesture: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe to take a screenshot of the selected part of the screen (partial screen capture). Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
- Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
- Optimized screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release it to share it, or drag it down and release it to take a long screenshot.
- Navigation Gestures 3.0
- Optimized gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
- Added Focus Mode: Minimizes outside distractions when you are learning or working.
- Added whole new charging animation.
- Optimized the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
- Added pause feature for screen recording.
- Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
- New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
- Optimized system built-in ringtones.
- Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
- New management feature for recent tasks: You can view the memory of recent tasks and locked apps.
- Optimized visual interaction for Game Space.
- Optimized loading animation for Game Space.
- Added new live wallpapers.
- Added artistic wallpapers.
- Added option to open Global Search or the notification panel when swiping down on homescreen.
- Added option to customize the size, shape, and style of app icons on homescreen.
- Optimized the graphic design of password unlock to facilitate one-handed operation.
- Support for animated wallpapers on the lockscreen.
- Added a Simple Mode for homescreen, featuring larger fonts, icons, and a clearer layout.
- Random MAC address Generator: When your phone is connected to Wi-Fi, network system generates a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
- In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating window.
- Added the trim feature in Recordings.
- Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
- Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
- Added audio source selection for screen recording
- Optimized the Camera UI for better user experience.
- Optimized the Timer UI and sound.
- Optimized the Album UI for a clearer structure and photo thumbnails.
- Added Album Recommendations that recognize more than 80 different scenes.
- realme Share now supports sharing files with OPPO, Vivo and Xiaomi devices.
- Optimized the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
- Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.
- Added Dual Mode Music Share in realme Lab.
- Android security patch: March, 2020
- Added screen light effects
- Fixed the probabilistic issue of stuck after upgrade
- Optimized the effect of game audio
- Fixed the probability error of boot animation display
- Fixed the low probabilistic stuck issue while using third-party applications
- Optimized system power consumption
- Fixed low probability stuck issue due to the memory leak of system
- Fixed the probabilistic issue of fingerprint recognition failure
- Fixed the probability issue that photos or screenshots are not displayed after upgrading
- Android security patch: April, 2020
- Decimal point display added to charging animation
- Added DocVault ID feature
- Known issue fixed
- Optimized audio quality for third-party apps
- Added arrow to the right of the list of recent location information requests in dark mode
- Fixed the issue that the prompt tone appears every time when the client plays music
- Fixed the issue that the alarm is automatically turned off after being cleared by the background task
- Updated Andriod security patch（2020#6)
- Added Heyfun(India)
- Added realme PaySa(India)
- Added realme Link
- Added charging animation on the lock screen
- Added charging decimal display on the lock screen while charging
- Modified default state of power saving mode auto-off switch
- Modified default state of screen brightness reduction switch in power saving mode
- Optimized transparency of the slide back gesture style
- Optimized screen recording icon size
- Added Bluetooth headset (Air and Neo) pop-up function (this function can only be used with realme headsets, and it needs to be used with the realme Link application to update the headset firmware)
- Fix Bluetooth search Back to the previous level, the interface shows the problem that the Bluetooth device is not found.
- Game space:
- Added the ability to display barrage messages in the game
- Fix the problem that the low probability phone does not take effect after the game space is blocked notification
- Fix the related functions after the game space is uninstalled
- Added the function of interacting with contacts in the calendar
- Optimized the UI layout.
- Added the function of recording to text.
- Added the function of note encryption
- Added the function of note to do
- Realme laboratory:
- Added super night standby, optimized the problem of fast power failure at night standby
- Optimized the smooth speed sliding screen function
- Screen recording:
- Optimized the screen recording function
- Optimized the floating window and privileged application judgment method, fixed the QQ login in the glory of the king game Low probability of not exiting the game mode
- Fix the problem that the return button is not sensitive when exiting the children’s space
- Fix the problem that the full-screen display dialog box is opened in the dark mode and the bright color mode is switched.
- Fix the low probability that cloud services cannot be used under mobile network
- Fix the problem of low probability of battery jump during charging.
- Update Android Security patch (2020#6/2020#7)
● Android Security Patch: September, 2020realme Lab
● Added Super nighttime standby feature and improved standby performance
● Added DC dimming feature: Formerly known as Low-brightness flicker-free eye comfortApplications
● Added soloopSettings
● Added default audio recording device options
● Added Deep Cleanup feature and improved background cleaning ability
● Added a return button in screenshot preview
● Added long press to copy IMEI in the status information interface
● Added automatic download option for app updates when connected to Wi-Fi
● Added time display options for the status bar
● Added shortcuts at the bottom of security settings
● Added shortcuts at the bottom of other settings
● Optimized the experience in Wi-Fi settingsStatus bar
● Added the OTG switch
● Optimized the pop-up window for system updates notification
● Optimized “”Mute-Bell-Vibrate”” icon stateScreenshot
● Added auto scrolling feature in scrolling screenshot
● Fixed the probabilistic issue in scrolling screenshotSystem
● Added the feature of long press the icon to uninstall the app in the drawer mode
● Fixed the font size issue of charging animation
● Fixed the probabilistic stalling issue while using front camera in SLO-MO mode
● Fixed the issue that the fingerprint names are set to default when restarting the system in Multi-User mode
● Fixed the crashing issue of the search field in app list
- Android Security Patch: November 2020
- Added a new icon for phone calls with Bluetooth earphone
- Added Scrolling screenshot feature in horizontal mode
- Added a toggle for physical button screenshot in screenshot settings
- Added Super power saving mode
- Added a toggle for displaying keyboard when entering app drawer
- Added Icon pull-down gesture
- Added From Sunset to Sunrise option of eye comfort
- Added shortcuts at the bottom of Battery settings
- Added shortcuts at the bottom of Security settings
- Fixed the probabilistic issue of unable to adjust the color temperature after turning off eye comfort
- Added Create feature which enables video editing in Soloop
- Fixed the probabilistic screen flicker when entering the album
- Fixed the probabilistic crash issue when browsing in the album
- Fixed the probabilistic freezing issue of Clone Phone
How to Install Latest Updates on Realme X
Once you have downloaded the latest update package file for the Realme X from the above list of update tracker, you can follow click on the button below to read our complete guide on the various methods that you can make use to update your Realme phone with the latest update.
How to Flash Realme Firmware on your device
So, there you have it from my side in this post. This is an update tracker post only meant for the Realme X device, which we will continuously keep updating with the latest available software update for the Realme X smartphone. Make sure not to use any of the update package files for updating any other device. So, if you want to keep your phone updated, keep checking this post more often. If you have any doubts, feel free to mention those in the comment section below. Also, subscribe to our YouTube Channel for awesome videos related to Android and Gaming. Until the next post…Cheers!