Rockstar Game Launcher is an application for Windows that lets you play many games in it. And having offline issues with the Rockstar Game Launcher is very common and annoying. In this article, we will fix this issue by using some dedicated methods and steps. Before we proceed further it is important to know about the issue and why you might be facing them. What is the offline mode error of the Rockstar game launcher, why are you getting that error, and in what ways you can fix them, all will be covered in this article.
A game launcher that is dedicated to games is what gamers want, but the Rockstar game launcher sometimes shows errors due to minor bugs in the games. Offline mode is one of those bugs. When the Rockstar game launcher is in the offline mode error it won’t let you play any game within the launcher, this means that the launcher is having difficulty connecting to the internet, and this is a very common issue.
- Why are you getting the offline mode error?
- How To Fix Rockstar Games Launcher Offline Mode Error
Why are you getting the offline mode error?
The main reason for the offline mode error of the Rockstar Game Launcher is most of the time the minor bugs. Sometimes it happens due to the corrupted game files, sometimes the antivirus or firewall issue.
In some cases, the problems can be a little different, this happens due to the fact that IPS may have blocked social rockstar networks in your IP address, or maybe you simply forgot to turn on the wifi.
How To Fix Rockstar Games Launcher Offline Mode Error
There are multiple ways by which you can fix your Rockstar game launcher offline mode error, but the following are some methods that are highly recommended and have fixed the launcher for most users.
Method 1: Run Rockstar Game Launcher in Compatibility mode
So you’re getting the offline mode error, close the game launcher and restart it in compatibility mode. Sometimes a restart works fine for most things. Here is how you can restart your game launcher in compatibility mode.
- Close Rockstar Game Launcher.
- Right-click on the game launcher icon and select the properties.
- Now select the compatibility tab, and check the box which says “Run this program in compatibility mode” option.
- Also, check the box which says “Run this program as an Admin”
- Click apply and Ok. Try playing any game in the launcher.
Method 2: Try disabling your Antivirus
The Antivirus you use for the safety of your PC sometimes stops programs from using its features. The Rockstar game launcher going into offline mode may be an error caused by the Antivirus. You can try disabling your antivirus and restarting your game launcher. If you are causing a windows firewall, you can bypass the launcher from the Windows firewall. Here is how you can do that:
- In the start menu, type firewall and click on the firewall and network protection settings.
- Click on Allow an app to pass through the firewall.
- Click on change settings and then click on allow another app.
- Now, browse through the installation location of the Rockstar Game Launcher file and click on Add.
- Check the private and public boxes in front of the name.
- Now click Ok. Restart your game launcher.
If an antivirus or firewall was creating the issue with the game launcher, then these steps can fix your issue.
Method 3: Delete the Social Club folder
Sometimes the files stored in the Social Club folder get corrupted and can create issues during the launch of the game.
- Select File Explorer from the taskbar.
- Select Documents from the left pane.
- Click on Social Club once and then hit Shift + Del on your keyboard.
Method 4: Clear the DNS cache
Offline errors of the Rockstar Game Launcher can be fixed by clearing the DNS cache. Follow these steps to fix it.
- On the start menu, Type CMD and right-click on the CMD
- Run Command Prompt (CMD) with the administrator
- Type ipconfig /flushdns and hit enter
- The DNS cache has been successfully flushed/cleared
Method 5: Try Clean Boot
If you are still facing the issue, it may be because some software interference is causing problems for the Rockstar game launcher, here are the following ways by which you test it by going into a clean boot.
- Type Win+R on your Keyboard.
- A run Command will open up, type misconfig, and hit Enter.
- Now in the service tab, disable all Microsoft services by checking the box and disabling all.
- Now, open task manager from the start menu.
- Disable each startup task by right-clicking on them and closing the task manager.
- On the Startup tab of System Configuration, click OK. When you restart the computer, it enters a clean boot environment.
Method 6: Fix your Internet Access settings
If you think your network is creating issues with the Rockstar game launcher you can try fixing your internet access with this command.
- Open your start menu and type CMD.
- Right click on command prompt and run it as an administrator.
- Type netsh winsock reset and hit enter.
- Restart Your PC.
This will fix your internet access problem and can fix your game launcher issue.
Rockstar game launcher is a perfect tool for gamers with so many features and supporting games, you can enjoy every bit of it. But all this fun is of no use when it starts malfunctioning. The Rockstar game launcher offline error is very common and can be fixed by using a few methods we have shown above. Try these methods and get your game launcher working again.