If you have a Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 or 5 Pro and have noticed that it is not vibrating for notifications, you are not alone. This common issue can be frustrating, but it’s usually easy to fix. In this article, we will cover the most common reasons why your Galaxy Watch 5 and 5 Pro might not vibrate for notifications and how to fix them. Whether you’re using the Galaxy Watch 5 or 5 Pro, this guide should help you get your watch back to vibrating for notifications in no time.
- What Causes the Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 / 5 Pro Not Vibrating for Notifications
- Fix Not Vibrating for Notifications on Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 / 5 Pro
- Frequently Asked Questions
What Causes the Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 / 5 Pro Not Vibrating for Notifications
If your Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 or 5 Pro is not vibrating for notifications, there could be several reasons for this. Some possible causes include the following:
- The vibration setting for your watch may be turned off.
- The vibration motor on your watch may be damaged or malfunctioning. If this is the case, the watch may need to be repaired or replaced.
- Your watch may be in a mode that disables vibrations, such as Do Not Disturb mode or Theater mode.
- Your watch may be set to only vibrate for certain types of notifications.
- There may be an issue with the watch’s hardware, such as a malfunctioning vibration motor.
Fix Not Vibrating for Notifications on Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 / 5 Pro
If there is no vibration for notifications on Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 and 5 Pro, you can fix this issue by following the easiest methods. As various purposes cause this issue and you can easily fix them. If you have Galaxy Watch 5 and 5 Pro and are facing the issue, follow the solutions to fix them.
Restart Your Phone and Watch
As we know, restarting the device fixes minor bugs and issues on the device. If you are not vibrating for notifications on Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 and 5 Pro, you can try to restart the device and the Galaxy watch at a time. It helps you resolve the issue without installing third-party apps on your device. To restart a Samsung phone and a Galaxy watch, you can follow these steps:
Press and hold the power button on your Samsung phone for a few seconds until the power options menu appears. And then tap the “Restart” option to restart your phone.
Press and hold the power button on your Galaxy watch for a few seconds until the power options menu appears. Tap the “Restart” option to restart your watch.
After restarting your phone and watch, the vibrating issue should be resolved. If the issue is not solved, try other troubleshooting steps.
Turn Off Watch Only Mode
If you have turned on the watch-only mode on your Galaxy Watch, then you may not be able to receive any notifications of any kind. If you turn off the watch-only mode, then you will get a notification. To turn off the watch-only mode on your Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 or 5 Pro, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Press the power button on the right side of your watch to bring up the power menu.
- Scroll down to the “Turn off watch-only mode” option and select it.
- Confirm that you want to turn off watch-only mode by pressing the “Turn off” button.
- Your watch will now exit watch-only mode and will be able to access all of its features and functions.
Enable Vibration on the Watch
To need Vibration for the notification, you need to enable Vibration on the Galaxy Watch from the settings. However, without enabling Vibration, you can’t get Vibration for notifications. To enable Vibration on your Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 or 5 Pro, follow these steps:
On your watch, open the “Settings” app.
- Scroll down and tap on the “Vibration” option.
- Toggle the “Vibration” switch to the on position. This will enable Vibration for your watch.
Note: If you don’t see the “Vibration” option in the Settings app, then you can enable the Vibration directly from the Galaxy Wearable App.
Disable Do Not Disturb Mode on Paired Device
Another thing is to disable the DND (Do Not Disturb) mode on your device. If you have enabled the DND mode on your device, you will not receive notifications or vibrations on the watch. You can easily disable the DND mode on your device or unsync the DND mode. To disable Do Not Disturb (DND) mode on a Samsung phone, follow the below method:
- Swipe down from the top of the screen to open the notification panel.
- Tap on the DND (Do Not Disturb) icon to open the DND settings.
- In the DND settings, you can turn off DND mode by selecting “Turn off now,” or you can customize the DND options by selecting “Customize” and then modify the settings as desired.
Alternatively, you can also disable DND mode by going to the “Settings” app, selecting “Sounds and vibration,” and then selecting “Do Not Disturb” to customize the DND settings.
Update the Galaxy Watch
If you have not updated the Galaxy Watch to the latest version, then you can update your watch to fix the issue. If there is still no vibration, you can update the Galaxy Watch from the Galaxy Wearable App. To update your Galaxy Watch 5 or 5 Pro, you will need to do the following:
- Make sure that your watch is charged and connected to your phone via Bluetooth.
- Open the Galaxy Wearable app on the device and go to the “Watch software update” section.
- If an update is available, follow the on-screen instructions to download and install it.
- You may need to manually check for updates if the update does not appear. To do this, go to the “About watch” section in the Galaxy Wearable app and tap on “Update watch software.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the update.
Note: It’s important to note that updates can take some time to download and install, so make sure you are in good internet connection and have enough battery life on your watch and your phone. Additionally, make sure that you do not interrupt the update process, as this can cause problems with your watch.
Reset Galaxy Watch
If you are still not vibrating for notifications, you can resolve this issue by resetting your Galaxy Watch. Sometimes, reset the device, fix the minor issues and bugs, and help to fix the issue. To reset your Galaxy watch 5 or 5 Pro, follow these steps:
- On the watch face, swipe down to access the Quick Panel.
- Tap on the “Settings” icon.
- Scroll down and tap on the “General tab.”
- Scroll down and choose the “Reset” option.
- Tap on the “Reset Device” option.
- Enter your PIN to confirm the reset.
Once you have completed these steps, your Galaxy Watch 5 or 5 Pro will be reset to its factory settings. Please note that it will expunge all data and settings on your watch, so back up the important information before proceeding.
Uninstall and Reinstall the Galaxy Wearable App
Uninstalling and reinstalling the Galaxy Wearable App helps to resolve the issue. If you are facing not vibrating notifications, then you can fix them by uninstalling and reinstalling the app. To uninstall the Galaxy Wearable app on an Android device, follow these steps:
- Open the “Setting” app on your device.
- Tap on “Apps” or “Applications.”
- Scroll down and find the Galaxy Wearable app.
- Tap on the app and then select “Uninstall.”
To reinstall the app, open the Google Play Store and search for “Galaxy Wearable.” then tap on “Install” to download and install it on your device.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I do if Samsung Galaxy Watch 5/5 Pro isn’t vibrating for notifications?
First, check your settings to make sure the Vibration is enabled. Go to Settings > Advanced > Vibration Strength and adjust the vibration strength if necessary. If the issue persists, you can also try restarting your watch or performing a factory reset. We have mentioned some solutions you can try to fix them.
Why is my Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 / 5 Pro not vibrating for notifications?
There could be several reasons why your Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 / 5 Pro is not vibrating for notifications. Some possible causes include the following:
- The vibration feature may be turned off or set to a low-intensity level.
- The watch’s battery may be running low, which can prevent it from vibrating.
- The watch may not be paired correctly with your smartphone, or there may be a connectivity issue between the two devices.
What should we do if Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 / 5 Pro still won’t vibrate for notifications after trying the steps above?
If your Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 / 5 Pro still doesn’t vibrate for notifications after trying the steps above, you may need to contact Samsung support for further assistance. You can contact Samsung support by visiting their website and using their contact information. Alternatively, you can visit a Samsung service center in your area for help with your watch.
In conclusion, if your Galaxy Watch 5 or 5 Pro is not vibrating for notifications, you can easily fix them by following the solutions mentioned in the article. If none of these step’s work, you may need to contact Samsung Customer Service for further assistance.