The Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra has a powerful and smooth S Pen designed to enhance the user experience. However, some users experience an issue with the S Pen, such as unexpectedly disconnecting from the Galaxy S23 Ultra. This cannot be very pleasant, especially when you’re using the S Pen for daily use. Also, make sure your S Pen stays connected to your device.
Thankfully, there are several possible solutions available that you can take to solve them easily. This guide will provide some possible troubleshooting solutions which will help to get back to using the S Pen again on your Galaxy S23 Ultra.
What Reasons Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra S-Pen Keeps Disconnecting?
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra S Pen keeps disconnecting or not working is caused by a variety of reasons. Several users reported the issue on platforms and websites to get fixed as soon as possible.
However, the issue mainly occurred due to low battery level, signal interference, faulty or damaged S Pen, and software issues. It’s also possible that the S Pen and the device may be damaged or dirty, which causes the S Pen to keep disconnecting.
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra S-Pen Keeps Disconnecting; how to Fix?
If you have your own Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra and you’re trying to use your phone with the help of an S Pen, it sometimes keeps disconnecting, which is frustrating for the users. However, you can fix the problem by following some troubleshooting methods. So, without going to take more time, let’s get started.
Fix 1: Re-Insert the S Pen
Most users have reported that inserting the S Pen back into the device holster manages to rectify the keep disconnecting problem. This might help you solve the S Pen working again without disconnecting again. So, if you’re looking for a quick and easy way to solve the problem, this might be your best bet.
Fix 2: Reboot Your Device
Another way to solve the S Pen keeps disconnecting issue is to restart your Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra. Sometimes, the issue is due to some bugs and glitches on the device, which cause the S Pen not to work and disconnect. Restating the device might help to resolve the problem with the S Pen. Here’s how you can restart your Galaxy S23 Ultra device:
- Press and hold the volume down and power button simultaneously until the Restart option appears on the screen.
- Now tap on the Restart option.
- The device will automatically turn off and back on after a few seconds.
- Once restarted, try to check if the issue is resolved.
Fix 3: Enable “Keep S Pen Connected”
If your S Pen isn’t connected within the period, it will disconnect from your device later. This is done to conserve battery life or conflicts with the normal functioning of the S Pen. You can also disable this feature later if you don’t use the S Pen. Here’s how you can enable the feature on your device:
- Open the Settings app on your device and navigate to the Advanced feature.
- Here select the S Pen and go to more S Pen settings.
- Enable the “keep S Pen connected” option and check if the issue is resolved.
Fix 4: Reset Your S Pen
You can also try resetting the S Pen settings and connecting it again to check if it works without disconnecting. This will reset your S Pen to its default settings, which will help solve the issue and work faster. Here’s how you can reset the S Pen settings on your device:
- Open the Settings app on your device and choose the Advanced feature.
- Now tap on S Pen > Air actions.
- Tap on the more options icon at the left corner of the screen.
- Select Reset S Pen.
- Now your S Pen will be reset and back to connect with your device. Now try to check if the issue is resolved.
Fix 5: Update Phone Software
An outdated version of the software might be the reason for the S Pen keeps disconnecting issue. However, Samsung has rolled out the latest update to increase the efficiency and performance of the device will a host of features, and you have to update it to the latest version. If the S Pen keeps disconnecting, it’s likely due to the outdated version of the device. To update the software version, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Here tap on the Software Update option.
- Now tap on Download and Install option and wait for a moment.
- Download and install an update on your Galaxy S23 Ultra by following the on-screen instructions if an update is available.
That’s it. We have mentioned the five possible methods to help you solve the S Pen that keeps disconnecting issue on your device. If the solutions mentioned above no longer work, you should contact the Samsung customer support team or visit a nearby service center for further assistance.