Normally, on the internet, you can save most images locally by right-clicking on it and selecting save image. However, if you’re accessing any content with images on Google Docs you won’t see any option to save the pictures.
In this guide, I will teach you a few tricks to easily save images from any Google doc file. Be assured for I won’t try to sell you any plug-in or App to get this done. All the workaround are easy, legit, free, and entirely safe to use. So, let’s get started with the guide now.
Various Ways to Save Images From Google Docs
To download images on your PC, you can use Google Keep. Also, you can try to publish the doc file as web content. Then through the web page, you can easily download the images present in the file.
There is another similar way that allows you to save the Google doc file as web page content including the images locally on your computer.
Adding with these methods, I have also included another cool and smart way to save images from a Google doc file. Probably, the easiest method to save any picture.
Save Google Doc Images Using Publish to Web Feature
- open the Doc file
- From the menu bar, click File
- Navigate to the option Publish to the web and click on it
- Click on Publish
- A link will be generated
- Press Ctrl + C to copy the link
- Open a new tab on your browser
- Press Ctrl + V to paste the link and hit enter
- Now the doc file will be displayed as a web page
- At this point, you can right-click on the google docs image that you want to save
- You will see the option Save Image As
- Click on that and provide a name for the image
- Click Save
- You can also undo the publishing link if you don’t want everyone to have access to the Google docs file
Save the Images Using Google Keep
Google Keep is the native note creation app from Google. Make sure that if you are using Keep to download images from Google Docs, then you must open the corresponding file on the Chrome browser.
- open the doc file
- Right-click on the image that you want to save
- From the menu select Save to Keep Notepad
- The tab Notes from Keep will open
- In that, the selected image from the Google docs file will appear
- Right-click on the image and select Save Image As
- Name your image for convenience and click Save
- You can repeat the process for all the images that you want to save from that Google doc file
That’s it. So simple that was I must say.
Download the doc file as A Web Page
I already explained above how this works. Now, let me show you the exact steps.
- Ensure that the doc file is open
- Click File > Download
- Under that select Web page (.html, zipped)
- The whole doc file will download to your PC as a zip file
- Extract the contents of the zip file
- It will have a folder named images
- Open that folder to see all the images present in that doc file
- One of the quick ways to save all the images from any doc file straight to your computer hard drive.
Take A Screenshot of the Images that You wish to Save
Finally, the smartest way to save the images of your choice from a Google doc file.
- Open the Gdoc file
- Press the Prtscrn button
- Open any free image editor such as Paint 3D or GIMP
- Paste the screenshot image
- Then select the region that contains the specific image that you want to save
- Crop the selection and save it in JPEG or PNG
So, these are the various ways by which you can save images from a Google doc file on your PC. I hope that this guide was informative to you.