Shadow Warrior 3 is a free-to-play game that pairs the best of ARPG combat and MMO depth to create a vast, vibrant world with thrilling fights. It is co-developed by Tripod Studio and Smilegate’s game development subsidiary Smilegate RPG. However, just like other video games, it seems that the Shadow Warrior 3 title has also its own issues such as the game won’t Launch issue in its initial days.
- Why Do Shadow Warrior 3 Won’t Launch?
- Shadow Warrior 3 Won’t Start or Load, How to Fix?
- 1. Check System Requirements
- 2. Run the game as an Administrator
- 3. Verify Integrity of Game Files
- 4. Update Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
- 5. Update DirectX
- 6. Update GPU Drivers
- 7. Disable Overlay Apps
- 8. Install All Pending Windows Updates
- 9. Disable Antivirus and Firewall Program
- 10. Launch the Game in Windowed Mode (Steam)
- 11. Perform a Clean Boot
- 12. Close Background Processes
- 13. Reset Shadow Warrior 3
- 14. Reinstall Shadow Warrior 3
Why Do Shadow Warrior 3 Won’t Launch?
It looks like the Shadow Warrior 3 game has some common issues with the game launching or gameplay just like other PC games where players may get affected by the startup crashing or not launching issues whatsoever. So, the chances are high that your Shadow Warrior 3 game isn’t launching due to several possible reasons such as outdated graphics driver, outdated game version, missing or corrupted game files, unnecessary background tasks, etc.
Whereas an outdated Windows version, issues with the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable, startup services, antivirus-related issues, incompatible PC hardware, overlay apps, overclocked CPU/GPU, DirectX-related issues, etc can cause startup problems with the game on your Windows PC. Now, we’ll head over to the workarounds below that should gonna help you to fix it.
Shadow Warrior 3 Won’t Start or Load, How to Fix?
Now, without wasting any more time, let’s get into it. Make sure to follow all the methods one by one until the problem gets fixed. If in case, the game still bothers you to launch properly then you should contact the support for further assistance.
1. Check System Requirements
First, you should check whether your PC configuration is meeting the system requirements of the game or not. Sometimes an incompatible PC hardware can trigger multiple issues with the game launching. We’ve mentioned the game requirements so that you can cross-check with your configuration.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 7
- Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 965 (4 * 3400) or equivalent. Intel Core i5-3470 (4 * 3200) or equivalent.
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: Radeon R7 260X (2048 VRAM) or equivalent. GeForce GTX 760 (2048 VRAM) or equivalent.
- Storage: 31 GB available space
- Additional Notes: The Minimum Specification listed allows gameplay experience at 30 FPS on average while using Low graphical settings and 1080p resolution.
Recommended System Requirements:
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 10
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8 * 3200) or equivalent. Intel Core i7-6950X (10 * 3000) or equivalent.
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: Radeon RX 5700 (8192 VRAM) or equivalent. GeForce GTX 1080 (8192 MB) or equivalent.
- Storage: 31 GB available space
- Additional Notes: The Recommended Specification listed allows gameplay experience at 60 FPS on average while using High graphical settings and 1080p resolution
2. Run the game as an Administrator
If you’re not running your video game using an administrator privilege, then it may cause some issues with the game launching or startup crashing or even the game not loading, etc. So, it’s better to simply run the game exe file as an administrator on your Windows computer to check if that fixes the problem or not. To do so:
- Right-click on the Shadow Warrior 3 exe shortcut file on your PC.
- Now, select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Make sure to click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to checkmark it.
- Click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
3. Verify Integrity of Game Files
If in case, your game files become corrupted or missing for some unexpected reasons then verifying and repairing the game files using the game launcher can help you a lot. To do this:
- Launch Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Shadow Warrior 3 from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer.
4. Update Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
- Head over to the following path on your PC:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared\_CommonRedist\vcredist
- You should see the following folders:
- Just make sure to run all of these executable files that are present. (If you’ve different folders, then run the vc_redist.x64.exe file in those folders)
- Finally, restart your PC to fix the issue.
5. Update DirectX
- Go to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared\_CommonRedist\DirectX folder path.
- Next, run the DXSETUP.exe file to reinstall/update DirectX.
- Once done, restart your computer to apply changes.
6. Update GPU Drivers
It seems that multiple affected players have reported about the outdated graphics driver. If you’re also using the outdated graphics driver for a while then make sure to check for updates by following the steps below:
- Press Windows + X keys to open the Quick Link Menu.
- Now, click on Device Manager from the list > Double-click on Display adapters.
- Right-click on the dedicated graphics card that you’re using.
- Next, select Update driver > Choose to Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, the system will automatically download & install it.
- Once done, restart the computer to apply changes.
This method should fix the Shadow Warrior 3 Won’t Launch on PC issue. If not, you can head over to the next method.
7. Disable Overlay Apps
According to some of the affected players, disabling the Steam overlay on the Windows computer has helped them to easily fix the game not launching issue. As the in-game overlay app is always running in the background whenever you launch the game client, it’s quite possible to have issues with the processes or system resources.
For Steam Overlay:
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Now, right-click on Shadow Warrior 3 > Select Properties.
- Head over to the General section > Here just uncheck the Enable Steam Overlay checkbox.
- Go back to Library > Re-open Squad to check for the not launching issue.
8. Install All Pending Windows Updates
It may possible that somehow any of the Windows bugs or system files conflict with the game to run it properly. Sometimes an incompatibility issue can also take place when you didn’t update the software for a while. So, make sure to install all the pending Windows updates one by one and keep it to the latest OS build whatsoever. To do that:
- Press Windows + I keys to open up the Windows Settings menu.
- Next, click on Update & Security > Select Check for updates under the Windows Update section.
- If there is a feature update available, select Download and install.
- Wait for some time until the update gets completed.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes immediately.
9. Disable Antivirus and Firewall Program
- Click on the Start menu > Type Control Panel and click on it.
- Now, type firewall in the search box > Click on Windows Firewall.
- From the left pane, click on Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
- Make sure to select Turn off Windows Firewall for the Private, Domain, and Public Network Settings.
- Finally, reboot the PC to apply changes, and try checking the issue.
Now, you’ll have to disable the anti-virus protection (Windows Defender) as well by following the steps below:
- Head over to the Windows Settings > Privacy and Security.
- Now, go to Windows Security > Virus & threat protection.
- Click on Manage settings >Then turn off the Real-time Protection option.
- Once done, make sure to reboot your PC to apply changes.
If in case, you’re using any third-party antivirus program then make sure to turn it off manually.
10. Launch the Game in Windowed Mode (Steam)
Try launching the game in Windowed display mode to check if that helps you or not. Sometimes a computer with an average hardware specification can cause several issues with the fullscreen display mode while running the game.
- Open the Steam client and go to Library.
- Right-click on Shadow Warrior 3 > Select Properties.
- In the General section, click on Set Launch Options.
- Next, copy & paste the following command-line argument:
- Make sure to save changes and try running the game again to check if Shadow Warrior 3 launching properly or not.
11. Perform a Clean Boot
- Press Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Now, type msconfig and hit Enter to open the System Configuration window.
- Go to the Services tab > Enable the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- Click on Disable all.
- Click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
- Now, click on the Startup tab > Click on Open Task Manager.
- Under the Startup tab from the Task Manager interface, click on the particular tasks which are enabled for startup boot > Click on Disable.
- Make sure to select the high-impact startup programs and disable them one by one.
- Once all is done, restart your PC to apply changes.
- Finally, check whether the Shadow Warrior 3 Won’t Launch on PC issue has been fixed or not.
12. Close Background Processes
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab > Select the task that you want to close.
- Once selected, click on End Task. Make sure to do the steps for each task individually.
- Once done, just restart your computer to change effects immediately.
13. Reset Shadow Warrior 3
- Press the Windows (Start) + X keys to open the Quick Link Menu.
- Select Apps and Features > Click on Shadow Warrior 3 from the list of installed programs to select it.
- Now, click on Advanced options > Select Reset.
- Once done, reboot your computer and try to launch the game.
14. Reinstall Shadow Warrior 3
If none of the methods worked for you then try reinstalling the Shadow Warrior 3 game to check if that helps you to fix the game not launching issue. To do so:
- Launch the Steam client on your computer.
- Now, go to Library > Right-click on the Shadow Warrior 3 game.
- Head over to Manage > Select Uninstall.
- If prompted, click on Uninstall again and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
- Once done, make sure to reboot your computer to apply changes immediately.
- Open the Steam client again and install the game again using the existing Steam account.
- You’re done. Enjoy! This can resolve the Shadow Warrior 3 Won’t Launch on PC issue.
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.