There’s nothing better than playing your favorite game along with your best friends. But, all the excitement could turn into frustration as soon as you realize that the multiplayer is not working on SnowRunner. Many SnowRunner players are having issues with the multiplayer option. If you’re in the same boat, don’t worry! There exist several solutions which we’ll walk you through in this post.
SnowRunner is a popular off-road simulation video game. It is developed by Saber Interactive and published by Focus Home Interactive. It was released in 2020 for PC, PlayStation, and Xbox consoles. The very next year it also became available for Nintendo Switch in May 2021. With more than 40 vehicles including trucks, SUVs, and heavy-duty vehicles, an open-world environment, challenging gameplay, and stunning graphics, the game quickly gained popularity.
SnowRunner does not have the multiplayer feature from its launch. It was added later on, which amassed a good number of players. Although the game offers stunning graphics, challenging gameplay, and a variety of vehicles, it might not run optimally all the time. While some users are facing crashing issues with SnowRunner, there are users who can’t use the multiplayer option. If you’re also struggling to use multiplayer on SnowRunner, try the solutions we’ve mentioned below and get it fixed.
SnowRunner MultiPlayer Not Working, How to Fix?
In this section, we have jotted down the potential workarounds that could fix the SnowRunner multiplayer not working issue on your device. You may not need to try all of them. Simply work your way down until you find the one that works for you.
Fix 1: Restart Your Device
This is one of the most common ways to fix minor software issues on any device. The SnowRunner multiplayer might not be working on your device due to software bugs or system glitches. Once you restart the device, things should work fine.
Steps to restart your PC:
- Click the Windows icon at the bottom.
- Tap on the power icon. You should see multiple options.
- Click Restart.
Steps to restart your PlayStation:
- Press the PlayStation button on your controller to open the Control Center.
- Tap on the power icon.
- Select Restart PS4 / Restart PS5.
Steps to restart your Xbox console:
- Press the Xbox button on your console to open the guide.
- Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Power mode & start-up.
- Choose Restart now.
Once your device restarts, connect it to the internet, launch the game, and check if the problem is fixed.
Fix 2: Check Your Internet Connection
A slow or sluggish internet connection is often the culprit when multiplayer is not working. Make sure your device has a fast internet connection and it does not disconnect frequently.
Close the game and reboot the router once. To quickly reboot your router, remove the power cable for a minute and then plug it back. Once you’re done with this, launch the game and check if the multiplayer is working.
Fix 3: Check For New Game Updates
SnowRunner gets regular updates which, in addition to new features, improve game stability and fix known issues. You should therefore update the SnowRunner game to check if the latest version has a fix for the multiplayer issue. Check out the steps below to update the game on your device.
Steps to update SnowRunner on Xbox One, Series X/S:
- Press the Xbox button on your controller.
- Select My Apps and Games.
- Search for SnowRunner and tap on More Options.
- Choose Manage Games and Add-ons.
- Select Updates.
Steps to update SnowRunner on Nintendo Switch:
- Choose SnowRunner from the home screen.
- Press the plus (“+”) icon to open Game Options.
- Choose Software Update from the left menu.
- Select Via the Internet.
Steps to update SnowRunner on PC:
- Open the Epic Games launcher on your PC.
- Go to the Library and find SnowRunner.
- Click on the three dots next to the game and select Update.
Epic Games will check for new updates. If available, it will automatically download and install the latest update.
Steps to update SnowRunner on PS:
- Navigate to SnowRunner from the home screen.
- Press the Options button on your controller.
- Choose Check for Update.
Fix 4: Reinstall the Game
If you still can’t use the multiplayer mode on SnowRunner, reinstalling the game could fix the issue. Some of the game files get corrupted, which could be causing the issue. After reinstalling the game, it should get fixed. Uninstall the game on your PC, Xbox, Nintendo, or PlayStation console, and then restart the device. Now, install it again and you should be able to use multiplayer.
Fix 5: Check for System Updates
Your console or PC may be running an outdated or older software version. Although an older version should work just fine, it can sometimes produce errors. Make sure your device is running on the latest software version.
- On your PS console, go to the Settings menu.
- Tap on System Software Update. Check if an update is available.
- Follow on-screen instructions to update the system.
For Xbox Series X|S:
- Open the Dashboard menu by pressing the Xbox button on the controller.
- Select Settings from the menu options and click All Settings.
- Tap on System and select Updates.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update your Xbox console.
- Go to the Settings on your Windows PC.
- Tap on Windows Update.
- Click Check for updates.
Once you’ve updated your device, launch the game, and check if the issue persists.
Fix 6: Reset the Device
If none of the above solutions worked out, you can reset the device as the last resort. Resetting the device is a much more effective solution as it removes all system issues and software bugs (if there are any).
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open Guide.
- Go to Profile & System and select Settings.
- Choose System and select Console Info.
- Select Reset
Once done, sign in to your Xbox account and install SnowRunner. Launch the game and check if the problem is gone.
- Switch off your PS4 or PS5 console by pressing the power button.
- Navigate to the Settings menu.
- Select System.
- Select System software.
- Select Reset options. You’ll have three options: Clear Learning Dictionary, Restore Default Settings, and Reset Your Console.
- Select Reset Your Console.
- Finally, select Reset to complete the process.
For Nintendo Switch:
- Select Settings from the home screen.
- Scroll down and select System in the left menu.
- Scroll down to Formatting Options and tap on it.
- Tap on Initialize Console and click OK.
Now, wait for the console to erase data on your Nintendo Switch. Once done, set up your device, install the game and you should be able to use multiplayer.
We hope one of the solutions from this article helped you in fixing the SnowRunner multiplayer not working issue. If you liked this article, consider sharing it with your SnowRunner friends.
Trying to play and it let’s me play for mayb 5 minutes and kicks me and the other players!