If you are the owner of the OnePlus 7 Pro 5G on the Sprint carrier network and are looking for ways to unlock the bootloader of the device then, you are at the right place. As in this post, we will guide you on how to unlock the bootloader of Sprint OnePlus 7 Pro 5G. Keep in mind that once you unlock the bootloader of your device, you will not be eligible to receive the official OTA updates from the OEM and your carrier. Moreover, if you are new to rooting, then you must understand that first, you need to unlock the bootloader of the device and then install a custom recovery like TWRP to root the device.
Also, rooting allows the user to go ahead and install restricted apps, mod apps, install custom OS like Lineage OS, etc on the device. Note that the unlocking of the bootloader will void the warranty of your device. So, it is better to allow the warranty period to get over and then unlock it. However, if you do not want to wait then, you can follow this guide. So without any further ado, let us get straight into the article itself:
What is Bootloader?
A bootloader is a program that is the first thing that boots up in your device whenever you turn ON your device. It commands the device to run the appropriate programs in order to run smoothly and provide better performance. Moreover, the bootloader is stored away from the reach of the user and is stored at a stable memory so that the user could not hamper the files. However, there are methods and ways via which you can safely unlock the bootloader of the device and go ahead with flashing a custom recovery to root your device. But, you should make sure to follow a reliable guide and follow the steps correctly in order to avoid any permanent damage to your phone.
- You can install any custom ROM like Lineage OS, Resurrection ROM, etc.
- You can also root your device.
- Install a custom recovery like TWRP.
- After unlocking the bootloader, it voids the warranty of your device.
- You will no longer receive the official OTA updates.
- You can brick your device if you do not follow the steps carefully.
- This guide is only for the Sprint OnePlus 7 Pro 5G.
- Make sure to charge your device to atleast 60%.
- A Windows PC and a USB cable.
- Download appropriate USB drivers.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader
- Firstly, download all the files from the download section above.
- Reboot your device to EDL mode by pressing Volume Up + Down and connect your device to the PC using a USB.
- Open the MSM Download tool and let it run to completion.
- Now, once the process is complete, the MSM Download tool will reboot your device. DO NOT allow it and interrupt the system by entering Fastboot by running:
fastboot flashing unlock
- You will now have an unlocked bootloader.
You can check out the proof of this method working attached in the original post, below:
So, there you have it from my side in this post. I hope you guys were able to unlock the bootloader on your Sprint OnePlus 7T Pro 5G model. Let us know in the comments below if you come across any issues while following the above-mentioned methods. Until the next post…Cheers!