Star Wars: Squadrons is a most anticipated flying combat multiplayer game from Motive Studios and Electronic Arts. Now, the game is gaining so much popularity due to its Star Wars Universe flying and combat gameplay for PC, PS4, and Xbox One platforms. However, the newly launched game has some errors or bugs that we can’t deny at all. The Star Wars: Squadrons HOTAS not working and Error 0xc000007b is one of them.
So, if in case, you’re also one of the victims and want to quickly resolve this issue then check out the troubleshooting steps below. There are some other major issues appearing to the PC players like startup crashing, in-game crashes, lags or stutters, black screen issues while launching, and more. It’s also worth mentioning that without a second thought in the mind, the HOTAS can give the best gameplay experience to the players.
But some of the unfortunate players are unable to connect and detect the HOTAS controller in the Star Wars Squadrons game. Whereas the application cannot start correctly (0xc000007b) error is also one of the frustrating problems for some of the players. So, if you’re also one of them, check the possible workarounds below.
Fix Star Wars: Squadrons HOTAS Not Working
- Make sure that you haven’t connected plenty of peripherals with the computer. In some cases, the HOTAS controller may not connect or detect properly if multiple external peripherals are connected to the same computer. Try to unplug some peripherals before connecting and playing the game.
- Also ensure that you’ve connected the HOTAS controller to the PC before launching the Star Wars: Squadrons game. This trick is pretty useful for most of the detection-related issues.
- Head over to your Steam client > Game Library > Right-click on the Star Wars: Squadrons game > Click on ‘Forced Off’ under the “Steam Input per-game Setting” option.
- Next, click on OK.
If in case, HOTAS still isn’t working, then do the following steps:
- Launch Steam > Go to Settings > Select Controller > Click on General Controller Settings.
- Next, you’ll need to uncheck the “Generic Gamepad Configuration Support” option.
- Click on OK to save changes.
- Then you’ll need to launch the Star Wars: Squadrons game > Go to Options > Select Controls > Scroll down to the bottom of the list and you’ll be able to see the HOTAS there.
Fix Star Wars: Squadrons Error 0xc000007b
If in case, you’re getting the particular “The application cannot start correctly (0xc000007b)” error message while launching the game then make sure to do the following steps.
This error mostly happens due to the corrupted or missing DLL files on the Windows system. Therefore, repairing the damaged DLL file or replacing it should fix the issue completely. However, this process may become lengthy or not so useful. So, check some other possible workarounds below:
- Head over to the official Microsoft website > Download and install the latest Visual C++ Redistributables (x86 and x64) for your PC.
- Once you’ve installed the Visual C++ Redistributables, make sure to completely restart the computer first.
- Next, try launching the Star Wars: Squadrons game.
However, if in case, the above method doesn’t fix the issue for you, then ensure to follow another method below using the SFC command:
- Press Windows + R shortcut to open up the Run dialog box.
- Now, you’ll need to type cmd and press the Shift + Ctrl + Enter keys together.
- Type sfc/scannow command and hit Enter.
- Next, you’ll have to wait for the process to complete > Then simply restart the PC.
- You’re good to go.
Alternatively, if none of the methods fixed your problem, you should also try some other solutions like trying the DISM command, reinstalling DirectX, and whitelisting the Star Wars: Squadrons game on the Windows Defender or Antivirus program to bypass the blockage, etc. Last but not the least, make sure that all of the necessary drivers and the Windows OS is up-to-date.