In this tutorial, we will check out the steps to install the stock Dload Firmware on Huawei Mate 30 Pro [LIO-L29]. The device is often dubbed as the best phone that you wouldn’t buy. The reason for this is the absence of Google apps which stems down to the US-China Trade war and ultimately resulted in Huawei parting ways from GMS or Google Mobile Services (though there still exists a method to install Google apps on the Mate 30 Pro).
But, let’s give it credit where it is due. The device boasts of some impressive specifications out of the box. The 6.53 OLED touchscreen is protected by the latest Gorilla Glass 6. The octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 990 chipset and a huge 8GB of RAM on top of it really make it a beast in this segment. The triple rear camera of 40+40+8MP coupled with the 32MP front camera manages to take some amazing photos.
Along the same lines, there are also some custom developments going on for this device. And if you are one of the users who are using a custom ROM for this device but wishes to go back to stock, this guide will definitely come in handy. Likewise, you could easily upgrade your device firmware through this method. Finally, if your device ends up in a bootloop or goes soft-bricked, you could take the help from this guide to install the stock firmware. So without further ado, let us check out the steps to install the stock Dload Firmware on Huawei Mate 30 Pro [LIO-L29].
Table of Contents
Stock Dload Firmware on Huawei Mate 30 Pro
In this tutorial, we will be sharing four different methods for the same. The method to install stock dload firmware on Huawei Mate 30 Pro could be carried out using an OTG adapter/memory stick, using Huawei NM card, from the eRecovery or directly from the system. Let’s check them out. But before that, download the firmware file for the said device from the below link.
- Information: Huawei MATE 30 PRO LIO-L29 C432 hw-eu (C432E6R8P1) v10.0.0.193
- Device: Huawei Mate 30 Pro
- Filename: LIO-L29 10.0.0.193(C432E6R8P1) Firmware EMUI10.0.0 05016LAM
- Download: Link
How to Install Stock Dload Firmware on Huawei Mate 30 Pro
Now that you have downloaded the stock firmware, here are some of the different ways through which you could install the same on your Huawei mate 30 Pro. But before you do so, keep in mind that using dload firmware to update your device will do a full wipe and will erase your internal memory as well. Therefore, it is highly recommended to create a backup beforehand. You could use the Hi Suite version 10.0.1.100 or take the help of our detailed guide to create a backup.
Upgrade using OTG Adapter or OTG Cable+USB Memory
- Download the dload firmware from the above link, extract it and copy the same to your USB memory stick. Make sure it is formatted as exFat or NTFS.
- Factory reset your device from the Settings option (optional). Once done, power it off.
- Now connect the memory stick using OTG cable to your device. Make sure it has all the three extracted files from the dload firmware.
- Press the Power button and as it vibrates and shows Huawei+Android logo, press the Power button three times. Doing so will make your device to reboot to eRecovery mode.
- In that menu, select Update Mode, then select the Memory card/OTG update mode. The update will now start.
So these were the steps to install the stock dload firmware on Huawei Mate 30 Pro using the memory stick. lets now have a look at how the same could be done via NM Card.
Install Dload Firmware using Huawei NM Card
- Extract the stock firmware and place the three extracted files to the Huawei NM Card.
- Factory reset your device (optional) and then power off your device.
- Press the Power button and as it vibrates, it will show the Huawei+Android logo. In this instance, press the Power button 3 times. This takes you to the eRecovery mode.
- Select Update mode from the menu and select Memory Card/OTG Update mode. The update will then start.
However, if you wish to carry out the update from the system itself, then follow the instructions mentioned in the next section below.
Update from System
- Extract the dload stock firmware of Huawei Mate 30 Pro and transfer the three extracted files to the Huawei NM Card or to the memory stick.
- Now head over to the dialer and enter *#*#2846579#*#*. From the menu that appears, select the Software Update option.
- After that, select the Memory Card Upgrade. The system will now read files from the inserted SD card/USB storage or NM Card and will subsequently flash the file.
- When the installation is complete, you could safely remove the OTG.
That’s it. You have successfully installed the stock Dload Firmware on Huawei Mate 30 Pro. You could also check for the update using the eRecovery method. Follow the instructions mentioned below for that.
Check for Update using eRecovery
If you wish to update your device via eRecovery, here are the required steps for that. This method of update won’t wipe your device data as well, consider it as a normal OTA (Over The Air) update.
- Power off your device and then press the Power button. Doing so will make the device vibrate and display the Huawei and the Android logo. At that time, you will have to press the Power button three times. This will make the device to eRecovery.
- While in this mode, select the Update mode option and then select eRecovery mode.
- Next up, select the Update and recovery system. And then select Download update and recover.
- Make sure your device is connected to the internet. The system will now check for any new update and will accordingly install it. If there isn’t any new update or you are already on the latest firmware, then tap Cancel and then Restart.
So this was all from this guide. We shared four different methods to install the stock Dload Firmware on Huawei Mate 30 Pro. Select the method that suits your requirements and carry on the said update. Likewise, let us know which method you ultimately end up choosing. Happy Flashing! Before rounding off, don’t forget to check out our iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks and Android Tips and Tricks section as well.