The Microsoft Edge chromium is a preferred browsing source due to its multiple profiles functionality. This function allows the user to use independent profiles that keep the browsing data, history, bookmarks, and any such information separate in all existing profiles. The Profiles feature comes in handy when the users share their browsers with multiple computer operators in the family or keep the work and personal browsing experience different.
Today, in this article, we will discuss all the available methods for Switching between profiles in the Microsoft Edge Chromium. The methods below serve different settings and are easy and quick to follow. Have a look:
- Methods to Switch Between Profiles in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Method 1: Switch Profile in Microsoft Edge from Profile Icon on Toolbar in Microsoft Edge:
- Method 2: Switch Profile in Microsoft Edge from Microsoft Edge Icon on Windows Taskbar
- Method 3: Switch Profile in Microsoft Edge from PWA:
- Method 4: Switch Profile in Microsoft Edge from Profiles Page in Microsoft Edge Settings:
Methods to Switch Between Profiles in Microsoft Edge Chromium
Method 1: Switch Profile in Microsoft Edge from Profile Icon on Toolbar in Microsoft Edge:
- Firstly, launch Microsoft Edge.
- Now on the top-right corner, click on the Profile icon, and from its sub-menu, click on the Profile you want to switch.
Method 2: Switch Profile in Microsoft Edge from Microsoft Edge Icon on Windows Taskbar
- On the taskbar, click on a Microsoft Edge icon that is associated with the profile you want to open.
Note: You can identify the profile by looking at the profile picture associated with it or simply right-click on the Profile icon and check the profile name in the pop-up list.
Method 3: Switch Profile in Microsoft Edge from PWA:
Microsoft has introduced a profile switcher right on the application’s title bar from where users can switch between profiles (for users who install the same Progressive web apps (PWA) or site on multiple Microsoft Edge Profile within the app itself). Let’s learn how:
- On the title bar of the PWA or the installed site in the Microsoft Edge, click on the Profile icon.
- Now from the jump list, click on the Profile you want to switch. It will further launch the PWA or the installed site with the selected profile.
Method 4: Switch Profile in Microsoft Edge from Profiles Page in Microsoft Edge Settings:
- Firstly, launch Microsoft Edge.
- On the top-right of the screen, click on the 3 dot icon, and select the option Settings from the context menu.
- On the Settings window, click on Profiles (from the left-pane menu).
- Further, on the right-pane menu, under the More Profiles section, click on the Switch tab associated with the profile you want to switch to.
It is done, close the setting tabs and navigate further with the selected profile.
The process of switching between multiple profiles in the Chromium-based Microsoft Edge browser is easy and does not require to enter the password every time. Users can further sign in into any of these profiles either with their Microsoft Account, work account or school account as well.
Further, removing a user profile from Microsoft Edge also deletes all the browsing data, bookmarks, passwords, and other details for the same profile permanently. However, any data synced to the Microsoft Cloud will remain safe but might get cleared from the Microsoft privacy dashboard. If you have queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.