Embark on an epic journey in Baldur’s Gate 3, escaping the clutches of a Mindflayer Nautiloid. Find yourself infected with a Tadpole, but since you will have members alone, do not fear facing this perilous world alone. As you strive to seek a cure, you’ll encounter fellow escapees from the Nautiloid, ready to join your team. The best part about playing Baldur’s Gate 3 is that players can bring three diverse characters with them throughout their adventures.
However, Baldur’s Gate 3 presents a party size limitation. While playing, it forces tough decisions on which allies you can take along and whom to leave behind at camp. But worry not, as this guide will unveil the art of modifying your party and swapping members. This article will help you assemble the perfect team for every challenge, from skilled negotiators to powerful spellcasters.
Join us as we discover the secrets of how to switch party members in Baldur’s Gate 3. Let’s get started:
Why Should You Change Party Members in Baldur’s Gate 3?
In Baldur’s Gate 3, changing party members is a strategic necessity that offers more than just the thrill of experimentation. Every single character that players encounter contributes to their different skills and ability to the team. Take Astarion, the skilled rogue, proficient in sneaking and delivering deadly backstabs, or Shadowheart, the steadfast cleric, providing valuable battlefield support.
By rotating party members, players can have access to a diverse array of tactics and solutions for different situations. In situations when players are facing intense combat encounters and stealthy infiltrations, the key to success is only the right combination of allies. Baldur’s Gate 3 offers a full party at your disposal and encourages you to explore various approaches. So change the party members in Baldur’s Gate 3 and enjoy the ever-changing dynamics of your team.
How to Switch Party Members Baldur’s Gate 3?
In the captivating world of Baldur’s Gate 3, numerous scenarios may arise where you find yourself drawn to different party members. Each NPC (Non-Player Character) possesses unique abilities and styles of play. They allow you to bring occasional changes to your roster and keep the gameplay fresh and exciting. Embrace the desire to spice up your adventures by following these simple instructions to swap party members in Baldur’s Gate 3:
Before you begin the process of switching party members, make sure you have additional party members on your team. Game players who have played the initial hours must already have Shadowheart and Astarion or Lae’zel (probably).
Since you have party members, here’s what you need to do:
- Firstly, launch your Map by pressing the shortcut on the screen. Or press M on the keyboard, and it will help as well.
- Now on the Map, from the fast travel option’s menu, select the option Camp.
- Or you can also navigate to the bottom right of the hot bar and select the option Long Rest. As you do so, you will be landed at the Camp.
- Now since you are at the Camp, you can now talk with any Party Member. You can even ask them to stay back at the camp. Simountanely, select the option Remain Here. Once you do so, the member you asked for will be removed from your Baldur’s Gate 3 party. You will be further allowed to choose someone else.
- While you have switched the Party Member, you will be able to see the same on the Portrait Screen on the left side of your display.
That’s all. This was all about Switching Party Members in Baldur’s Gate 3. Using the process above, you can change/ keep only 3 members at a time along with you for help in the game.
The process is simple and straightforward and will take only a few minutes. Make sure you benefit from using them the next time you play Baldur’s Gate 3.