The newly released asymmetrical survival horror video game called ‘The Texas Chain Saw Massacre‘ has been one of the trending topics in the gaming community for a while. Sumo Digital and Gun Interactive has done a brilliant job with this title which is based on the 1974 movie of the same name. Here players can take on the role of four victims to escape from the slaughter family who are cannibals. Meanwhile, it seems that several players are facing The Texas Chain Saw Massacre UE4-BBQGAME Crash/Unreal Engine 4 Error.
Whenever players try to launch the game on the PC, the UE4-BBQGAME error notice appears on the screen and the game crashes instantly. Well, it’s most probably related to the Unreal Engine 4 crashing error on the system that becomes frustrating to the unfortunate players. If we take a quick look at the full error message, it says “A game process has crashed; UE4-BBQGame” which also states that “The game has encountered a critical error and has been forced to shut down providing detailed information about what you were doing when the error occurred”.
- How to Fix The Texas Chain Saw Massacre UE4-BBQGAME Crash/Unreal Engine 4 Error
- 1. Restart the PC
- 2. Run Steam as an Administrator
- 3. Disable Fullscreen Optimizations
- 4. Update The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
- 5. Verify and Repair the Game Files
- 6. Delete the Local App Data folder
- 7. Check the Internet Connection
- 8. Disable Windows Firewall
- 9. Turn Off Antivirus Protection
- 10. Update Windows
- 11. Disable CPU or GPU Overclocking
- 12. Contact Support
How to Fix The Texas Chain Saw Massacre UE4-BBQGAME Crash/Unreal Engine 4 Error
To be precise, this specific error code is related to the Unreal Engine crashing error which might appear due to some unexpected reasons. Something like the corrupted game installation, an outdated game patch version, lack of system admin permission, missing game files, corrupted local data files, etc. Meanwhile, graphics driver conflicts, security program blocking, internet connectivity issues, outdated system software, CPU or GPU overclocking, etc. can also be another reason.
Fortunately, here we’ve shared with you some potential troubleshooting methods that should come in handy. Make sure to follow all workarounds until the particular error has been fixed at your end. We’re not sure whether the game developers are aware of this error or not. But trying some troubleshooting at your end will be a good decision rather than simply waiting for the patch fixes. Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Restart the PC
Rebooting the Windows computer before doing any other method might help in some cases. It looks like a normal system reboot can fix several issues with the system’s performance or system glitches whatsoever.
2. Run Steam as an Administrator
You should try running the Steam client on the PC as an administrator to allow the system admin permission. It’ll ensure that the application will run smoothly without any kind of admin permission interference.
- Right-click on the Steam application on your PC.
- Select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to enable it.
- Once done, click on Apply > Click on OK to save changes.
3. Disable Fullscreen Optimizations
You should also try disabling the fullscreen optimizations feature on the PC for the specific game application to avoid display-related conflicts.
- Right-click on The Texas Chain Saw Massacre application on your PC.
- Select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Click on Disable fullscreen optimizations to select it.
- Then click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
4. Update The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
Another thing you should do is to check for the game updates manually by following the steps below to ensure there is no issue with the outdated game patch version. UE4 crash errors might appear due to an outdated game version or in-game bugs which should be fixed with new patch updates.
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Right-click on The Texas Chain Saw Massacre from the list.
- Click on Manage > Select Properties.
- Now, click on the Updates tab.
- Click on Automatic Updates.
- So, whenever a new update is available, Steam will start updating it.
- You can also click on the Update button and wait for it to install.
5. Verify and Repair the Game Files
Sometimes a corrupted or missing game file on the computer can also cause several issues with the UE4-BBQGame crashing error. To do that:
- Launch the Steam launcher > Click on Library.
- Right-click on The Texas Chain Saw Massacre from the list of installed games.
- Click on Properties > Go to the Local Files tab.
- Next, click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, restart your PC to apply changes.
- Finally, try running the game again to check for the issue.
6. Delete the Local App Data folder
Try deleting the local app data folder of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre game to check whether the UE4-BBQGAME Crash Error is still appearing to you or not. To do this:
- Press the Start menu > Copy and Paste %localappdata% on the search bar.
- Hit the Enter key to open the Local AppData folder.
- Locate and select The Texas Chain Saw Massacre folder.
- Now, Delete the folder completely.
- Once done, restart the game to check for the error again.
7. Check the Internet Connection
Make sure to check your internet connection before jumping to any other conclusion because a poor or unstable internet connection can simply trigger many issues with the game launching or connecting to the game servers online. Try switching your wired (ethernet) connection to Wi-Fi (wireless) or vice versa, and then check for the networking issue again. You can also increase the internet speed by upgrading your data plan (if required) or contacting your service provider to assign a new IP address.
8. Disable Windows Firewall
You should also try disabling the Windows Firewall protection on your PC temporarily to check whether The Texas Chain Saw Massacre UE4-BBQGAME Error occurs again or not. Sometimes the Firewall program can block the ongoing connectivity of the machine to the game servers which can trigger such issues.
- Click on the Start Menu > Type Firewall.
- Select Windows Defender Firewall from the search result.
- Now, click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the left pane.
- Select the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) option for both the Private & Public Network Settings.
- Once selected, click on OK to save changes.
9. Turn Off Antivirus Protection
You can also try turning off the Windows Defender Antivirus protection on your PC to ensure there is no antivirus software blocking the game files from running properly. Even if you’re using any third-party antivirus program on your PC then just turn off the real-time protection temporarily.
- Press the Win+I hotkeys to open the Windows Settings menu.
- Click on Update & Security > Click on Windows Security from the left pane.
- Now, click on the Open Windows Security button.
- Go to Virus & Threat Protection > Click on Manage Settings.
- Next, you’ll need to turn off the Real-time protection toggle.
- If prompted, click on Yes to proceed further.
10. Update Windows
An outdated Windows OS version or build number can eventually trigger performance issues, program crashes, etc. So, always keep checking for software updates manually by following the steps below.
- Press the Win+I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Select Check for updates under Windows Update.
- If there is a feature update available, select Download and Install.
- Wait for a while to complete the Windows update.
- Once done, restart your computer to install the update.
11. Disable CPU or GPU Overclocking
It’s also worth recommending disabling the CPU or GPU overclocking feature from your PC to the default factory state which will help in fixing the performance issues. Though overclocking can increase performance, sometimes it can affect in-game performances and cause higher CPU or GPU usage. Try using overclocking software like MSI Afterburner.
12. Contact Support
If none of the methods worked for you then make sure to contact the support team to get better assistance and technical support. Make sure to visit the @TXChainSawGame Twitter handle to submit the issue and the support team will contact you further.
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was helpful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.