YAGER has recently released a free-to-play multiplayer PvP and PvE FPS title called ‘The Cycle: Frontier‘ for Windows only. It seems that players didn’t like the game that much for some unexpected reasons and it has received mixed reviews on Steam. Meanwhile, some players are facing The Cycle Frontier Not Showing Friends issue which becomes one of the common widespread problems for sure. Now, if you’re also facing the same then don’t worry.
It’s quite hard for The Cycle Frontier players right now as the friends’ list isn’t working properly. Even though players add friends and they’re online, the chances are high that it may show you an empty list of friends which is frustrating a lot. Luckily, here we’ve shared a couple of possible workarounds that should gonna help you out. YAGER did acknowledge this issue and they’ll work on it. But if you don’t want to wait further, you can try the fixes below.
Fix: The Cycle Frontier Not Showing Friends
Some reports are claiming that a new patch update v1.1.0 has arrived and it has been fixed the friends’ list issue. So, if you haven’t updated The Cycle Frontier game to the latest version yet then make sure to do it first. If in case, the issue still appears to you, then you can follow the methods below one by one until the problem gets fixed. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Reboot the Game
First of all, you should try restarting the game to refresh it because a temporary glitch can trigger several issues with the game launching and even finding the friends’ list completely via connecting to the server. It seems that closing the game and ending the Steam task from Task Manager will come in handy.
2. Reboot the PC
Make sure to restart the computer to fix any kind of temporary glitch that may happen in the system sometimes. A reboot to the system can refresh the overall services and processes to start again if something isn’t running. Just click on the Start menu (Windows logo) > Click on the Power menu > Select Restart.
3. Set Steam Profile to Public
It’s also worth recommending to set the Steam Profile to Public status so that other players or your friends can see your profile in the list to host or join you for a multiplayer title. Open the Steam client > Make sure you’re logged into your account > Head over to the Profile section > Choose to Edit Profile > Select Privacy Settings > Set to Public for every available option such as My Profile, Game Details, Friends List, and Inventory.
4. Repair Game Files
A corrupted or missing games files on the PC can eventually trigger multiple issues with the game launching or performance whatsoever. To do so:
- Launch the Steam client > Click on Library.
- Right-click on The Cycle: Frontier from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer.
5. Uninstall and Reinstall the Game
If none of the methods worked for you then try reinstalling The Cycle: Frontier game on the PC to check if that helps you to fix the friends’ list not showing issue.
- Open the Steam client on your PC.
- Go to Library > Right-click on The Cycle: Frontier.
- Select Uninstall > Click on Delete to confirm.
- Wait for the uninstallation process to complete > Exit the Steam client.
- Now, open the File Explorer application > Copy-paste C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common on the address bar and hit Enter to search for the location.
- Go to The Cycle: Frontier folder > Make sure to Delete the folder completely.
- Reboot the PC to apply changes > Finally, open Steam and Reinstall The Cycle: Frontier game again.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.