If you are an avid gamer, you probably know about the Thrustmaster. Thrustmaster is a drive system that enhances your driving experience. However, with the Thrustmaster, you will get an adjustable drive system that lets you feel every detail of your game while driving, making you feel like you are driving a real car. The Thrustmaster 150 Pro also features a rotation angle of 270 degrees to 1080 degrees that you can adjust accordingly.
However, although this device is pretty much awesome, but sometimes it may stop working randomly. Yes, recently, many GT7 users have complained that the Thrustmaster T150 Pro pedals are not working with their game. Well, this looks to be an error occurs from your game’s end, but still, if you have any doubt about your device, you may try out these fixes:
- How to Fix Thrustmaster T150 Pro Pedals Not Working
- Fix 1: Cleaning the Potentiometers
- Fix 2: Restart Your Device
- Fix 3: Try the Bootloader Shortcut Method
- Fix 4: Update The Thrustmaster T150 Pro Driver (Only PC)
- Fix 5: Disable The Antivirus (Only PC)
- Fix 6: Power Cycle The Thrustmaster T150 Pro
- Fix 7: Check If Your System Firmware Is Updated
- Fix 8: Replacing Pedal Potentiometers
- Fix 9: Contact To Support Team
- Wrap Up
How to Fix Thrustmaster T150 Pro Pedals Not Working
If you are seeing for such fixes that help you resolve the Thrustmaster T150 Pro pedals not working issue, then follow the fixes mentioned below. So, let’s have a look at them:
Fix 1: Cleaning the Potentiometers
The potentiometers in your Thrustmasters pedals should be cleaned if debris buildup is the cause of their malfunction. To remove the pedal assembly and potentiometers, simply open the pedal housing. After the potentiometer has been cleaned, soak it for 24 hours in isopropyl alcohol or a contact cleaner.
The potentiometers can then be used for a longer period of time, but they will need replacing later on. So, you must try this out and check if it helps you fix the Thrustmaster T150 Pro pedals not working issue.
But, in case you find that even after cleaning the pedals, the issue won’t get resolved, don’t panic because we have more options available.
Fix 2: Restart Your Device
Your system’s memory will be cleared when you restart your PC, PS4, and PS5. Additionally, it doesn’t allow the background processes to run and consume memory. Therefore, you should always reboot your device to ensure it is operating at its best.
The Thrustmaster T150 PRO Pedals have previously been reported to start working on some devices just after rebooting. Therefore, please test out this method and let us know if it really works for you.
Fix 3: Try the Bootloader Shortcut Method
To begin, you can either switch to a PS4 or a PS5. Then, when you plug in your Thrustmaster T150, you must boot it into bootloader mode by pressing the L3 and R3 buttons simultaneously as you plug it into your Windows PC.
Next, switch it back to PS3 and then disconnect it immediately. You’re done. Then, follow these steps to see if the wheel is detected by simply connecting it, as usual:
- To begin with, hover your mouse over the Start menu. Choose Thrustmaster from the list of options.
- Select the FFB Racing Wheel on the next screen, then the Control Panel. Then, simply check if the issue gets resolved or not.
Fix 4: Update The Thrustmaster T150 Pro Driver (Only PC)
Thrustmaster T150 Pro drivers have a chance of being updated pending, causing your PC to have compatibility issues with the Thrustmaster T150 Pedals. Accordingly, you need to update it by following the steps listed below:
- The first step is to open the official Thrustmaster website in your browser and hover over to the Support tab.
- Afterward, click the Download button from the list that appears.
- Select the Thrustmaster T150 on the Racing Wheels tab.
- You can now download the T150 drivers and firmware updates by selecting the Drivers option. Once you’ve downloaded and installed the updates, check to see if the issue has been resolved.
Fix 5: Disable The Antivirus (Only PC)
Possibilities are there that your system’s firewall may be blocking the Thrustmaster T150 Pro to not functioning properly as it may consider it a third-party threat. So, you need to disable your antivirus temporarily in order to check if the issue is occurring due to your antivirus or not:
- Click Start and search for Windows Security.
- Then, go to Virus & Threat Protection in the Windows Security app.
- Then, select Manage Settings.
- You’re done. Turn off Real-time protection by toggling the button.
Fix 6: Power Cycle The Thrustmaster T150 Pro
Nothing’s working? Well, there are chances that your PC, PS4, and PS5 might not support the Thrustmaster T150 Pro Pedals due to some random bugs or glitches. Therefore, we recommend that you power cycle your Thrustmaster T150 Pro first and then check again if the problem was resolved.
- Simply unplug the Thrustmaster T150 Pro wires after turning off the power button.
- After waiting a few minutes, connect everything.
- You’re done. Now, wait and see if your device’s pedals start working or not.
Fix 7: Check If Your System Firmware Is Updated
Possibilities are also there that your device’s firmware may not be updated, due to which your Thrustmaster T150 Pro Pedals is not working properly. Regardless of which device you are using, make sure to check for a firmware update:
- Go to the Notifications, then using the options button delete all existing updates (if any).
- Finally, click on the delete button and open the Settings window.
- Next, click on the System Software Update button.
- Navigate to Settings > System.
- Next, select Update System Software.
- Click Update System Software to complete the process.
- To begin, click on the Settings option in the Start menu.
- On the next page, click Update & Security, and then check for updates.
Fix 8: Replacing Pedal Potentiometers
Thrustmaster T150 Pro pedals’ efficiency will decrease as the potentiometers near the end of their lifecycle. It’s not required to replace your whole racing wheel and pedal. Only the potentiometers need to be replaced. As a prerequisite, you will need to learn how to disassemble the pedal and solder. So, if you don’t know, follow these steps:
- First-time potentiometer replacements can be tricky due to the pedal unit’s proximity to the foot pedal.
- Remove the pedal unit’s underside base plate by unscrewing it.
- Afterward, gently lift the pedals so that the potentiometers can be seen and removed.
- If you need to change a potentiometer on a Thrustmaster T150 Pro pedal, you should discard the washers and nuts as well. Y
- Then, use a soldering iron to reconnect new potentiometers to avoid detaching.
- After that, make sure that the connectors on the pot can be cut off. This makes it easy to attach the wiring when assembling the pedal unit again.
Fix 9: Contact To Support Team
However, if nothing works, then you have no other options but to reach out to the official support team, who is the only one who can help you with the Thrustmaster T150 PRO pedals that do not work. So, you must have to contact to the Thrustmaster official and ask them about this issue; they will certainly assist you in fixing the situation.
With Thrustmaster T150 Pro pedals, you won’t be disappointed. Yet, they sometimes fail for various reasons. Sim racers may think mechanical defects are the only reason for malfunctioning, but this is not true. Thrustmaster T150 Pro pedals can malfunction when configured improperly, connected poorly, and even mounted on a sliding surface.
So, here we have already mentioned some of the best fixes that will help you to fix the Thrustmaster T150 Pro pedals not working issue. Hopefully, this article was helpful for you. Let us know if you still have any doubts by commenting below.