With BeReal, users can share one photo daily so their followers can see what they’re up to in real-time. Realness is the key to the BeReal app, which encourages its users to be genuine. Social media apps don’t get better than BeReal. Almost every day for two minutes, friends post low-quality photos of what they are doing.
There’s something nostalgic about it since it reminds us of the messy days when the internet was still fun. Users can keep track of their account activity with BeReal’s notification feature, just like any social media application. The BeReal app’s notifications are commonly not working, a common problem people encounter.
Many users reported that they could not get the notification as the Time to BeReal notification is not showing up on Android or iPhone. However, luckily we have some workaround to this issue. Therefore, if you face this problem, perform the fixes mentioned below.
- How To Fix Time To BeReal Notification Not Showing Up on iPhone or Android
How To Fix Time To BeReal Notification Not Showing Up on iPhone or Android
You can try some fixes to resolve the Time to BeReal notification not showing up on iPhone or Android. We have mentioned every single fix that could potentially resolve this error. Therefore, let’s get started with the fixes:
Fix 1: Restart Device
Initially, you must try to restart your device. Most of the time, a reboot is needed to resolve the underlying issue, and the same may hold true in this case. If your Time to BeReal Notification is not showing on your device after a reboot, reboot your device and try again.
Fix 2: Toggle BeReal Notifications
It is recommended that you disable and then re-enable the app’s notification settings next. All settings related to notification will be refreshed, which may fix the issue we are experiencing. Here are the results after we give it a try.
- Go to your device’s Settings menu.
- After that, go to Apps > See All Apps and select BeReal.
- Afterward, disable the toggle next to All BeReal Notifications in its Notifications section.
- Once the toggle next to All BeReal Notifications is re-enabled after a few minutes, wait a moment.
- See if it helps you resolve the Time to BeReal Notification issue.
Fix 3: Disable Do Not Disturb
You can disable all notifications and alerts on your Android device by using Do Not Disturb Mode. Therefore, if you have enabled it (intentionally or unintentionally), you should disable it immediately. The app could also be added to the exception list if you don’t want to do so. By doing so, you can maintain the DND Mode while still receiving notifications from the apps of your choice. The steps are as follows:
- Go to Settings > Notifications > Do Not Disturb.
- To disable this feature, tap Turn Off Now.
- In the Apps section, you can leave it enabled. From the Apps list, select BeReal.
- You can enable the notifications you wish to receive from that app while in DND mode by enabling the toggle next to it.
- If your Time to BeReal Notification still doesn’t appear, try this.
Fix 4: Enable Background Data for BeReal
While working in the background, online-only applications require network permission. You will unlikely receive notifications from these apps unless you open them manually. Hence, let’s grant the required app permission to prevent that from happening.
- Initially, you must head over to your device’s Settings menu.
- Next, select BeReal from the See All Apps list under Apps.
- Afterward, enable the toggle next to Background Data in the Mobile Data & WiFi section.
- You can now test whether the issue of app notifications not appearing has been resolved.
Fix 5: Remove Battery Restrictions for BeReal
It is possible that the app will not function properly in this restricted environment if you have implemented any battery-saving measures. In the same way, those restrictions would prevent the app from performing its background functions. Consequently, the sync feature of the app will become unusable, resulting in the app being unable to send notifications. It would be beneficial for you to remove all these restrictions, which could be accomplished as follows:
- In the Settings menu, select Battery > Battery Saver.
- Once that is done, disable the toggle next to Use Battery Saver (if enabled).
- Then, go to Settings > Apps > See All Apps.
- Next, select BeReal from the list and click on the Battery tab.
- Then select Unrestricted.
- Finally, check if the Time To BeReal notification is not showing issue gets resolved or not.
Fix 6: Disable Adaptive Battery
When you interact most with a particular app, Adaptive Battery gives it higher privileges based on its usage behavior. Conversely, it also disables sync features for the apps with which your interaction is low by minimizing background functions.
Therefore, all the apps that fall into this category will suffer without your intervention (again, not everything should be left to AI!). To prevent this from happening, you can disable Adaptive Battery:
- Initially, you should head over to your device’s settings.
- Next, select Battery > Adaptive Preferences.
- Next, disable Adaptive Battery’s toggle.
- Your Time to BeReal Notification should now be displayed.
Fix 7: Delete BeReal Data
Naturally, there will be some performance issues if too much temporary data accumulates over time or if stored app data gets corrupted. A data wipe is the only way out of such a scenario, and the app must be reloaded from scratch. How could it be done?
- On your device, open the Settings menu.
- You can then select BeReal under Apps > See All Apps.
- Go to the section Storage and Cache and click Clear Data/Storage.
- Once the confirmation dialog box appears, tap OK to proceed.
- Then check to see if your Time to BeReal Notification is not showing issue gets resolved or not.
Fix 8: Force Stop BeReal
It’s unavoidable that there will be issues with apps’ related components if the app’s processes and/or services don’t work as expected. The app should be force-stopped and restarted after being force-stopped. After restarting the app, it will run in a fresh environment from scratch and perform in a fresh environment. Here are the instructions to try it out:
- Go to your device’s Settings menu.
- Select BeReal from the list of Apps > See All Apps.
- In the confirmation dialog box, click Force Stop > OK.
- Make sure your device displays the Time to BeReal Notification if it doesn’t.
Fix 9: Reinstall BeReal
You might be unable to remove the app’s data alone if its settings or configuration files get corrupted. To fix the BeReal notification not showing the problem, you’ll need to uninstall the app and reinstall the latest version. Here are the instructions for trying it out.
- First, select Settings from your device’s menu.
- Click Apps > See All Apps and select BeReal.
- In the confirmation dialog box, tap Uninstall > OK.
- To download and install it, visit the Google Play Store.
- Finally, try it to see if it fixes the Time to BeReal Notification not showing the problem.
So, that’s how to fix the Time To BeReal notification not showing issue on Android or iPhone. We hope that this guide has helped you. Meanwhile, comment below and let us know if you have any issues.