Samsung is the Korean Giant and currently the largest smartphone manufacturer in the world. Samsung has all the lineups available starting from the budget-oriented M series to the flagship S series. Now they have also introduced fold and flip with flagship specifications. Earlier the A-series was an upper midrange category offering from Samsung, but now A series is available in the budget category too. With the introduction of A10, A20, and A30 Samsung has laid a new foundation in this segment which was once ruled by Xiaomi.
Now today we have with us the Samsung Galaxy A20, and today we will show you how to install a TWRP Recovery on this device. So if you wanted to root your Samsung Galaxy A20, or install a custom recovery, then you’re lucky as you have come to the right place. But first, we advise you to take a complete backup of your device and follow each step very carefully. Else you may brick your device which will void the warranty. So let’s get started.
Samsung Galaxy A20 Specifications
The Samsung Galaxy A20 sports a 6.4 inches Super AMOLED HD+ Infinity U display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection on the top. It supports dual 4G VoLTE connections on both the SIM cards. Under the hood, you get their own in house chipset, and the Exynos 7884 clocked at 1.6GHz with an octa-core architecture.
The Smartphone runs on Android 9 (Pie) out of the box, with Samsung One UI 1.0 on the top. The camera department is handled by a dual-camera setup consisting of a 13MP standard sensor with f/1.9 and the other being an ultra-wide-angle 5MP shooter that doubles up as a depth sensor for bokeh shots. On the front, there is an 8MP selfie shooter. This Smartphone has an outstanding battery life due to the 4000MaH non-removable battery, which supports 15W fast charging. Not to forget this Smartphone comes with the latest USB type C connector.
Samsung Galaxy A20 comes with all the necessary sensors like an accelerometer, gyroscope, and magnetic compass. Further, this Smartphone has a fingerprint sensor at the backside, which is easily accessible. It is available in only one variant which contains 3GB of RAM and 32GB of storage.
What is TWRP Recovery
TWRP is recovery software that is installed on an android device to make tweaks and changes in the system. TWRP stands for Team Win Recovery Project. The TWRP, as the name suggests, is developed by Team Win. With a simple and easy-to-use interface, it is one of the favorite recovery software among android power users. TWRP can be installed on a smartphone in two ways. The first being is downloading the TWRP application and allowing that to install the recovery on its own. And the next being the installation by flashing by the manufacturer’s flash tool. But in the case of the Samsung device, the fact is a bit different because the latter only works here. So you have to start with ODIN. We will discuss this in detail in the next upcoming section.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery
Below we will point out the benefits of installing TWRP recovery, let’s start
- Flashing custom ROMs on any smartphone
- Changing the overall look and feel of your Smartphone
- Wiping the Dalvik Data and Cache from your Smartphone increases its stability
- Total access to internal objects inside the Smartphone
- Change the operating system
- Rooting the Smartphone with Magisk becomes easy
- After rooting, you can increase the battery life of your Smartphone
These were all the benefits of installing a custom recovery like TWRP, further installing a TWRP will help you out if you fall in a boot loop by mistake. Let’s get to the part you’ve been waiting for.
How to Install TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy A20?
We will now guide you to install TWRP recovery on your Samsung Galaxy A20. After you have successfully installed the TWRP you’re then ready for flashing custom ROMs of any device on your Smartphone. But there are some points to keep in mind before proceeding
Essential Points to Consider before proceeding
- Installing TWRP recovery on your Smartphone will trigger the KNOX security which will void the warranty
- In some cases triggering KNOX results in a vulnerable device
- If steps are not followed correctly, you can end up with a bricked device
- You need to enable OEM Unlocking in developer options
- Most Important: You will not receive any OTA updates from Samsung after your device status changes to Unofficial
- All the applications like Samsung Pay, Samsung Health will not work after this
Enough points, not let’s get started.
- A Samsung Galaxy A20 device which you already have
- A laptop or a PC with the latest ADB or USB drivers
- Make sure to tick OEM unlocking in developer options
- ODIN 3.13 or older needs to be installed in your PC
- The original USB cable
- Back up your device because all the data will be deleted
Installation of TWRP
Follow the instructions step by step to install TWRP recovery in your Samsung Galaxy A20.
- Download the custom TWRP recovery from the link provided below.
- Put your phone in download mode by pressing the volume down key and the power key together.
- Connect the phone to your PC
- Then Run the ODIN tool
- Your phone will be recognized by the tool as USB Slot 1 or 2 depends on your USB serial number
- Now load the “recovery.tar” in the “AP” slot
- Then Click on Start
- Your ODIN tool will once “not respond” don’t worry that’s normal
- After some time you will see a message telling “PASS.”
Congrats you have successfully installed custom TWRP recovery in your Samsung Galaxy A20
The links provided in the above sections are stable. Installing custom ROMs void manufacturer warranty. Do follow each and every step as discussed above and take a proper backup before proceeding. Remember, Team Getdroidtips will not be responsible if you brick your device as then you will be on your own. So we advise you to do it carefully. If you have any queries or feedback regarding this topic, please feel free to comment below with your name and E-mail ID. We will get back to you soon.