Samsung Galaxy A20 is another contender in the budget smartphones. Though it might be cheaper than the flagship models, it still brings a few premium features such as next‑gen Super AMOLED 16.20cm (6.4î) HD+ Infinity‑V Display, Exynos 7884 chipset, 4000 mAh battery, 32 GB storage and 3GB of RAM. Here we’ve shared a full list of Samsung Galaxy A20 Software Update Tracker.
If you’re a Samsung Galaxy A20 user and waiting for the latest firmware update or missed out on any particular firmware version, then you can easily find out the firmware and download it from the given link. Additionally, we’ve provided the firmware update changelogs, installation steps, requirements, etc. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the device overview below.
- 1 Samsung Galaxy A20 Specifications
- 2 Check OTA Update
- 3 Samsung Galaxy A20 Software Update Tracker
- 4 How to Install Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy A20 Manually
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A20 Android 10 Timeline Tracker
Samsung Galaxy A20 Specifications
Samsung Galaxy A20 was announced in Mar-2019 which sports a 6.4-inch Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1560 x 720 pixels with 268 PPI pixel density. The device is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
Samsung Galaxy A20 is powered by a 2x 1.6 GHz ARM Cortex-A73, 6x 1.35 GHz ARM Cortex-A53, Cores 8 with Samsung Exynos 7 Octa 7884 chipset coupled with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. It also supports an external memory card. The device came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie under One UI and backed by a 4000 battery (non-removable).
As far as the camera concerned, the device has a Dual Lens setup with 13 + 5MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with an 8MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 4g-VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Compass, Hall, Light, etc. It comes with a rear fingerprint sensor feature
Check OTA Update
Samsung always releases firmware OTA updates to its eligible devices in batches based on the server or region. So, it’s quite obvious that most of the users may receive the firmware update notification lately. However, it’s recommended to check for OTA updates manually on your device via the phone settings.
- Settings > About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates
- If the new software update is available, then tap Download now.
- Post the download, tap on Install update to begin the installation.
Make sure to connect your device to a Wi-Fi network and fully charge the battery level. If your device gets the latest software update notification, you can simply grab the OTA by downloading and installing it. But if in case, you want to install any particular update version or want to keep updated with each and every firmware update, you should follow the tracker list below.
Samsung Galaxy A20 Software Update Tracker
We will keep updating the firmware update details whenever a new update will be available. So, make sure to bookmark this page.
Make sure to download the correct firmware for your device. If you are using SM-A205F/FN/G/GN, then download firmware starting with SM-A205F/FN/G/GN.
Samsung Galaxy A20 SM-A205F Global/Asia/Europe
- A205GNDXS8BTL1: December 2020 security (Asia)
- A205WVLU6BTJ2: November 2020 security (Canada)
- A205USQU7BTJ3: November 2020 security [T-Mobile/Verizon and Sprint]
- A205GUBS7BTK1: November 2020 security [South America]
- A205FXXU9BTJ5: October 2020 security [Global]
- A205GUBU7BTJ1: October 2020 security [South America]
- A205GUBS7BTI: September 2020 security [South America]
- A205GUBS7BTI2: September 2020 security [South America]
- A205USQS6BTH2: September 2020 security [T-Mobile/Verizon]
- A205USQS6BTH1: August 2020 Patch
- A205FXXU8BTG3: Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, and Malaysia
- A205USQU5BTF3: Android 10 Update
- A205GNDXU6BTG3: August 2020 Patch
- A205GNDXS6BTG1: July 2020 Patch
- A205USQS5ATF1: June 2020 Security
- A205USQU5BTE6: Android 10 One UI 2.0
- A205FNXXU7BTD2: Android 10 [Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, and Caucasus Countries]
- A205GUBU5BTD2: Android 10 [South America]
- A205FXXU7BTD3: Android 10 [Vietnam]
- A205GNDXU5BTD2: Android 10 [Philippines]
- A205FNPUU7BTD2: Android 10 [Russia]
- A205USQS5ATB4: March 2020 Patch [US Cellular]
- A205YNDVU4ATA2: February 2020 Patch [Austria]
- A205FNXXS7ATB2: February 2020 patch [Europe]
- A205FXXU7ATB2: February 2020 Patch
- A205FNPUS7ATB1: February 2020 patch
- A205GNDXU5ATB1: February 2020 patch [Asia]
- A205GUBS5ATA1: February 2020 patch [South America]
- A205FXXS6ATA2: January 2020 patch [South Asia]
- A205FXXS6ATA1: January 2020 patch [Middle East]
- A205GUBS5ASL4: January 2020 patch [South America]
- A205FXXS6ASL4: January 2020 patch [Thailand]
- A205FXXS4ASJ4: November 2019 patch (Asia)
- A205GUBU4ASK2: November 2019 patch [South America]
- A205GNDXU3ASJ4: October 2019 Security patch
- A205FXXU3ASJ2: Galaxy A20 October 2019 Security patch [Asia]
- A205FXXU2ASJ1: October 2019 patch [India]
- A205GNDXU3ASI7: October 2019 security patch
- A205GUBS3ASI3: September 2019 patch [South America]
T-Mobile Galaxy A20 SM-A205U USA
Sprint Galaxy A20 SM-A205U USA
Verizon Galaxy A20 SM-A205U USA
- A205USQS5ATE3: May 2020 Patch
- A205USQS4ATB1: February 2020 patch
- A205USQU2ASI3: September 2019 patch
US Unlocked Galaxy A20 SM-A205U1 USA
- A205U1UES5ATE1: May 2020 Patch
- A205U1UES4ATB1: February 2020 patch
- A205U1UEU3ASK9: November 2019 patch
US Cellular Galaxy A20 SM-A205U USA
How to Install Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy A20 Manually
Ensure to follow all the requirements properly before going to the firmware installation process.
- Before you go ahead with the procedure, make sure to take a complete backup of your Samsung phone.
- Install the appropriate Samsung Galaxy USB drivers.
- Make sure to charge your device to at least 60%.
- Download the latest version of the Odin tool.
- Make sure to enable USB Debugging:
– To do that again, head to the Settings>>Developer Options>> allow USB Debugging.
- Enter your Galaxy device into the Download mode by pressing Volume Down + Home + Power buttons for Samsung phones with capacitive buttons and Volume Down + Bixby + Power for newer models.
Download Required Tools:
- How to Download Firmware: Frija Tool | Samfirm Tool | Samsung Firmware Website
- Latest Samsung USB Drivers
- Install the Samsung Kies software on your PC.
- Flash tool: ODIN Flash tool
Instructions to Install
- Download the appropriate Galaxy stock firmware for your phone.
- Extract the contents of the firmware zip file.
- Notice that the extracted files will be in “.tar” or “.tar.md5” format.
- Now download and extract the Odin tool on your PC.
- Open the extracted folder and click on the Odin.exe file.
- You need to connect your Galaxy device to the PC while it is in Download Mode.
- Notice that the CO port will light up on Odin once you connect your phone.
- Click the AP button and select the firmware.
- Do the same for BL, CP, and CSC.
- Keep in mind that the regular CSC file will erase the entire data. In order to save the data select the ‘HOME_CSC‘ file.
- Don’t forget to select Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time in the Options tab.
- Click the Start button to install the firmware on your Samsung device.
- That’s it! You will see a PASS message once the installation is complete.
Samsung Galaxy A20 Android 10 Timeline Tracker
No Update on the Android 11 version
We hope this tracker list and firmware flashing guide was helpful to all the Samsung Galaxy A20 users. If you’ve any queries, you can comment below.