Ubisoft Connect is a digital gaming platform for Ubisoft games to easily install and play titles across all platforms, especially on Windows. It basically allows players to get into the ecosystem and the best environment to enjoy their Ubisoft-exclusive games whatsoever. Though the Ubisoft Connect service is free to use and easy to use, it seems that plenty of PC users are experiencing the Ubisoft Connect High CPU Usage issue which becomes a major concern.
Now, if you’re also facing the same issue on your Windows PC and the system resources are low enough to handle other operations then you can follow this troubleshooting guide completely to resolve it. No matter how powerful your PC configuration is, the chances are high that somehow your Ubisoft Connect application and its background tasks are consuming a lot of system resources such as CPU and Memory which eventually slows down your PC.
Fix: Ubisoft Connect High CPU Usage
Well, there may be several possible reasons behind such an issue at your PC end which can trigger the high CPU usage even if you’re not using the Ubisoft Connect app intensely. There are a couple of possible workarounds mentioned below that should gonna help you out. It’s always recommended to follow all the methods one by one until the problem gets fixed for you. Otherwise, you might encounter crashes, lags, stutters, frame drops, and more.
1. Reboot the PC
The chances are high that somehow your PC is going through a temporary system glitch or cache data issue. In that scenario, the system resources of the PC might gonna encounter several problems whatsoever. So, make sure to restart the computer properly to check for the issue. Multiple reports are coming out that a normal reboot of the PC can easily fix temporary glitches.
2. Update Ubisoft Connect
Try updating the Ubisoft Connect PC app to the latest version to avoid performance issues. You can always head over to the Ubisoft Connect webpage and download the latest version for the PC. Once downloaded, run the installer as administrator access on the PC, and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process. Now, launch the Ubisoft Connect PC application, and sign into the Ubisoft account to start using the platform.
3. Disable Ubisoft Connect Overlay
If you’re not sure whether the Ubisoft Connect PC application is using the overlay app while playing games in the background then make sure to follow the steps below to fix the high CPU usage issue. It may be possible that the overlay feature is enabled on your PC and it’s consuming a lot of system resources in the background for no specific reason. To do so:
- Launch the Ubisoft Connect app on your PC.
- Make sure that you’re signed in to your Ubisoft account.
- Next, click on the hamburger menu icon at the top left corner > Select Settings.
- Then go to the General tab > Uncheck the Enable in-game overlay for supported games checkbox to disable it.
- Now, reboot the Ubisoft Connect PC application to cross-check if the high CPU usage issue is still bothering you or not.
4. Set Ubisoft Connect Priority to Low
Make sure your program is not taking too many system resources in the background which can conflict with the system performance for other programs or games whatsoever. It’s recommended to set a lower priority from the Task Manager settings to run the Ubisoft Connect app at the optimum level. To do this:
- Right-click on the Start Menu > Select Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab > Right-click on the Ubisoft Connect PC task.
- Select Set Priority to High > Close Task Manager.
- Finally, run the program to check for the issue.
5. Run the Ubisoft Connect app with Admin access
We should also recommend you to run the Ubisoft Connect exe file as an administrator to avoid user account control regarding privilege issues on the Windows PC. Without admin access, you might encounter several conflicts with the fully-fledged operations in the background. To do this:
- Right-click on the Ubisoft Connect exe shortcut file on your PC.
- Now, select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Make sure to click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to checkmark it.
- Click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
6. Reinstall Ubisoft Connect PC
If none of the methods worked for you then you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Ubisoft Connect PC app by following the steps below. Some affected users have mentioned that this method was useful for them to reduce the consumption of higher system resources on the PC. Though it’s not a recommended task to uninstall a game and reinstall the whole game which takes time, effort, internet, and game saves, there is nothing else to do.
- Make sure to close the Ubisoft Connect PC launcher first.
- Now, take a full backup of your saved game files by following the steps below:
- Locate the Ubisoft Connect PC icon on your desktop/start menu.
- Right-click on the app icon > Click on the Open file location.
- Next, the Ubisoft Connect PC installation directory will open.
- Here you’ll have to locate the savegames folder.
- Right-click on the particular folder and select Copy > Just paste it to any other disk drive or even on the desktop as a backup file. [If something went wrong]
Note: Some games can save the data files outside of the installation location.
- Once the backup is done, make sure to uninstall the Ubisoft Connect PC app from your system.
- Press the Windows + I keys shortcut to open Windows Settings.
- Now, click on Apps from the left pane menu > Click on Apps & features.
- Scroll down the list of installed programs and click on the three dots icon of Ubisoft Connect.
- Then click on Uninstall and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
- Once done, make sure to delete the Cache folder from the following location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher
- Now, you’ll need to download the latest version of Ubisoft Connect PC.
- Run the installer you downloaded with administrator rights.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Restart the computer to apply the changes.
- Finally, launch the Ubisoft Connect PC app and sign into the account.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.