Vivo announced their latest smartphone Vivo V3 in April 2016. The smartphone comes with a 5.00-inch display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. It is powered by Snapdragon 616 chipset. It is a successor of Vivo V2. If you are looking to Unlock Bootloader on Vivo V3, then you are at the right place. To customize any Android smartphone, First, to break into Android Ecosystem of Modding and Updating Custom OS, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Vivo V3. In this guide, we will help you on to Unlock Bootloader on Vivo V3 with the simple step below.
Remember: This guide is to Unlock Bootloader on Vivo V3 Smartphone. If you unlock bootloader you may void the warranty. By Unlocking Bootloader you can install TWRP, Flash Rooting Zip file or custom ROM on your phone. Read more What is Bootloader unlocking below. Follow this guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on Vivo V3. Try this only on Vivo V3 smartphone. This method to unlock bootloader on Vivo V3 is simple to follow. But please do read the steps below carefully.
What is Unlock Bootloader ?
A Bootloader is a code which runs when we turn on our device. This code initializes some hardware and then loads the kernel and ramdisk, and gets the boot process going. So this process is known as Bootloader. The same concept applies to all the technical stuff such as Laptop, PC, Smartphones and any such device. Every Android OEM manufacturers lock the bootloader even though it is an Open Source. So if you want to try any CUSTOM ROM, it is impossible to load the CUSTOM ROM without the Unlock Bootloader. So Manufacturer made a policy of making the smartphone with Unlocked Bootloader will void the warranty. They want you to stick with the Stock ROM. Unlock Bootloader allows you to Root your android smartphone, Flash TWRP and Custom ROM in a simple easy method.
PRE-REQUISITE TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON Vivo V3
- Works on all Vivo V3.
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%
- You will Loose warranty if you unlock the bootloader, So prepare for it.
- Unlock Bootloader may wipe all your data, So make sure to Backup your Smartphone.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.
What Do You need ?
STEPS TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON VIVO V3
- First of all enable the Developer Option, To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Go back to settings -> Now you need to enable the OEM Unlock by going to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging
- Download and Extract the Downloaded ADB fast boot Zip file on your PC
- Now connect your phone to Computer using USB Cable.
- When you connect your Phone to Computer, please wait until all the drivers get installed.
- In your ADB fastboot folder open a command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
- Now type the command in your command window
- If you see a pop up to allow USB Debugging on your phone, Click OK
- Now type the command below to reboot your phone to bootloader
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your phone reboot into bootloader, make sure your phone shows the bootloader locked and then type the command below to make sure Fastboot drivers are installed properly.
- This command will list the connected devices. If your phone’s serial number shows up you are good to go and may continue. If the phone is NOT listed this indicates that your drivers are not installed correctly. In order for you to continue, you must fix your drivers so that your phone is listed under Fastboot devices.
- If the phone has been recognized by the command above, In the fastboot mode, you will see the status Device is a lock. Now enter the command below in the same command window which you opened previously.
fastboot bbk unlock_vivo
- Now the Phone will reboot itself and enter Fastboot mode again. This time you will see the status Device is unlocked Then we are good to go!
- That’s it! Your device will be unlocked. hah! Have fun!
If you have any queries or doubts related to unlocking the bootloader on Vivo V3, Please leave a comment below. Thank you