Recently, Google launched the Pixel 8 series in many countries. It’s not yet available in some countries where Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro have been launched. You might end up with a carrier-locked device if you import a Pixel 8 or Pixel 8 Pro that hasn’t been released yet in your country. It depends on where you purchased your device whether it is carrier locked or not. So, if you have recently purchased your Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro from a different other than where you live, then this guide is for you. Here, we will explain some easy steps using which you can easily unlock SIM on Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro. Therefore, let’s get started with the guide.
How to Unlock SIM on Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro
There is a lengthy process involved in unlocking SIM cards on Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro. If you want to unlock the SIM on your phone, you must first reset the phone and then use ADB and fastboot. Follow the steps we will mention ahead for a quick and easy process.
Step 1: Reset Your Phone
The first thing you need to do is reset your phone. In order to unlock your SIM, you will need to perform a factory reset, which will restore your device to the factory settings. Resetting your phone will delete all the files on it, so make sure you take a backup of your data before you do so. Here are the steps to factory reset your phone:
- Ensure that your SIM card is removed from your device and your Wi-Fi is turned off.
- Swipe the app screen to open the app drawer.
- Afterward, open the Settings app from the app drawer by tapping the Settings icon.
- Here, tap on Reset options under the System section.
- Click on Erase all data (factory reset) and then Erase all data.
- After that, it will ask you to enter the PIN of your device. Tap Erase all data after entering your device’s PIN.
- You will see the phone begin to reset. Depending on the complexity of the process, it may take a while.
- Afterward, you will be prompted to restart your phone once the process has finished.
- Avoid setting up your phone, inserting the SIM, and connecting to a Wi-Fi network before you have unlocked the carrier.
Step 2: Preparing Your Device For ADB and Fastboot
To proceed, you must prepare your device for ADB and Fastboot.
- It would be best to have a stable internet connection on your PC.
- Afterward, on your PC, download and install the Android USB Driver. To download the Google USB driver.
- Download and extract the ADB and Fastboot tools (SDK Platform-Tools) on your PC. On this page, you will find download links under the Downloads section.
- Make sure your Pixel is enabled for USB debugging as well. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- On your phone, open the Settings app.
- Go to the About Phone section.
- Press Build Number 7 times. When you turn on developer mode on your device, you will see a message saying, “You are now a developer.”
- Go back to the Settings menu and tap Developer Options.
- At the top, turn on the Developer Options toggle.
- Then, turn on USB Debugging. It is now possible to go to the next step in this guide once you have enabled USB debugging on your device.
Step 3: Unlock SIM On Google Pixel 8 And 8 Pro
Using ADB and Fastboot, you can continue unlocking SIM on Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro now that everything is ready. Here are the steps to follow:
- Make sure you have extracted the ADB and fastboot tools on your PC. You must open the extracted Platform tools (ADB and fastboot tools) folder.
- You can open Command Prompt by clicking the address bar at the top, typing cmd, and pressing Enter.
- You will need a USB cable to connect your Pixel 8/8 Pro to your PC.
- Use the Command Prompt to type the following command after connecting your device:
- After that, it will ask you to allow USB debugging. You will be prompted to allow it on your phone’s screen.
- On the Command Prompt, you will now see the device ID for your phone.
- You will now need to type the following command and press Enter:
- In the Command Prompt, type and execute the following Command:
pm uninstall -k –user 0 com.google.android.apps.work.oobconfig
- Restart your phone once you have closed the Command Prompt, disconnected your phone from the PC, and closed the Command Prompt.
- Your phone will be unlocked. With a SIM card from any carrier, you can now use it on any device.
So, that’s how you can easily unlock SIM on your Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro. It’s our hope that you find this guide helpful. For more info, comment below and let us know.