How to Update Asus ZenPhone 2 to Andorid 6.0 Marshmallow Manually
As promised by Asus, Zenphone 2 has recieved the official Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update Over the Air now. If you have an Asus Zenphone 2 and if you still not recieved the OTA then do the following to see if you have the update
To Check for latest Update, Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Updates
Yes, Asus finally started rolling the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update to both Asus Model ZE551ML and ZE550ML. Zenphone 2 is the 3rd Asus phone to receive the official marshmallow update. If you still not got the OTA then follow the below steps to Update Asus Zenphone 2 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow Manually. Normally you wont get the update through OTA incase if your device is rooted or unlocked bootloader. In case if you want to update manually then you need to relock and remove the root. So now you can do the steps below to get the update manually on your Asus Zenphone 2
About Asus Zenphone 2
Asus Zenphone 2 was launched in the year 2015 and It comes with 5.50-inch display at a resolution of 1080×1980 pixels.
The Asus ZenFone 2 is powered by 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Atom Z3580 processor coupled with 2/4GB of RAM and has 16/32GB of inbuilt storage which can be expanded up to 64GB via a microSD card. The phone runs on Android 5.0 Lollipop out of box and it
This dual sim smartphone (GSM and GSM) sports a 13MP rear camera and a 5MP front shooter for selfies. It is backed by a 3000mAh non removable battery. Other Connectivity are Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, NFC, FM, 4G.
What you need:
- You need either Laptop or PC or MAC
- Charge your phone to atleast 70%
- Back up your device just in case if you need it later
DOWNLOAD FILES (Note down the model number from – Settings -> About Phone and look for your model)
- For ASUS ZenFone 2 ZE551ML Marshmallow Full OTA Zip : CLICK HERE
- For ASUS ZenFone 2 ZE550ML Marshmallow Full OTA Zip : CLICK HERE
Guide for How to Update Asus ZenPhone 2 to Andorid 6.0 Marshmallow Manually
- This is very important step : Download the Marshamallow OTA File and Move the file to your internal memory on your phone and Rename it to Update.zip (not update.zip.zip)
- Turn your phone off.
- Now boot into Stock recovery by pressing ‘Power + Volume Down’ button.
- When your phone in recovery mode, Click apply update from sdcard and Select the downloaded update.zip
- Now wait until the process gets done
- Once it is done! Reboot the device
- That’s All!
Leave a comment if you have any queries ya doubts !