Warhammer 40000 Darktide is one of the latest cop-op FPS action video games by Fatshark that has been released in November 2022. As per multiple reports, though the title is doing quite well in the gaming community, the chances are high that some of the errors or bugs are troubling a lot. Meanwhile, Warhammer 40000 Darktide Mission Aborted Error becomes one of the trending topics as of now.
Well, if you’re also one of the victims to encounter such an issue then make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide to fix it. To be precise, whenever Warhammer 40K Darktide players are trying to get into the game or finished their session and won the mission, the game suddenly throws the ‘Mission Aborted’ error notice on the screen. It eventually prevents players from getting rewarded too.
Fix: Warhammer 40000 Darktide Mission Aborted Error
We can understand that a newly launched video game might crash or throw the mission aborted error but earned XP rewards from the completed mission gets disappeared which becomes frustrating for sure. If we take a quick look at the full error message, it says “Mission Aborted: Sorry, but your mission has ended because of an expected error”. If you’re one of the victims, just check the guide.
As of now, there is no specific reason confirmed yet behind this error but it’s expected that conflicts with the game server, issues with the internet connection, in-game bugs, etc might trigger multiple errors. Whereas an outdated game version, not running the game as administrator, issues with the game files, and more can also be a possible reason. Luckily, you can try fixing the issue manually.
1. Reboot the Game
First of all, make sure to close the Warhammer 40K: Darktide game completely and then relaunch it. If the error is appearing due to a minor reason or a system glitch, it should be fixed immediately.
2. Check your Internet Connection
It’s recommended to check your internet connection properly to ensure there is no issue with the network’s stability or speed. A slow internet speed or unstable network can eventually cause several issues whatsoever.
3. Try Joining the Mission Again
You should try joining the problematic mission once again to check for the issue. Just keep trying multiple times after some intervals. Some of the affected players have tried this method and did find it useful enough.
4. Run the Game as an Administrator
Make sure to run the game app file on your PC as administrator access to allow the User Account Control (UAC) access to the system. In some cases, your system requires the UAC access permission to run a program which is quite important. By following the steps below you’ll have to allow the admin access for once and it won’t ask you for the same again. To do so:
- Go to the installed Warhammer 40000 Darktide game directory.
- Right-click on the game application file on your PC.
- Click on Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to enable it.
- Once done, click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
- Finally, just double-click on the game app file to launch it.
It’s worth mentioning that the Steam launcher can also be run as an administrator in the same way.
5. Check for the Game Update
You can also check for the game updates by following the steps below to ensure there is no issue with the outdated game version. An outdated game version can mostly trouble you a lot while launching the title or even while connecting to the servers.
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on Warhammer 40,000: Darktide from the left pane.
- Steam will automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, click on Update.
- Make sure to wait for some time until the update completes.
- Once done, ensure to reboot the PC to apply changes.
6. Verify and Repair Game Files
It’s recommended to verify and repair the installed game files on the PC by following the steps below. In some cases, corrupted or missing game files on the PC can trouble you a lot. Repairing the game files might fix the issue for you.
- Launch the Steam client > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Warhammer 40,000: Darktide from the list.
- Click on Properties > Go to the Local Files tab.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- This process may take some time to get completed. So, you can wait for it.
- Once done, make sure to reboot the PC to apply changes.
If nothing works, try waiting until the developers come up with a fix soon. There is nothing you can do if the above methods didn’t work.
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was useful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.