Airship Syndicate and Digital Extremes have recently launched an action fantasy role-playing game which is a massively multiplayer title in the market called ‘Wayfinder’. Currently, this game is in the early access stage and might have some bugs or stability issues that we can’t deny. Players can become a Wayfinder and unlock their powers by choosing their path and play style. But some reports claim that the Wayfinder access to the title is currently disabled error appearing to the players.
This specific error message occurs whenever players try to log into the game. It can be very frustrating as the Wayfinder game didn’t allow players to get into the matchmaking. Either player will have to wait depending on the queue number or it can be a server-side issue due to some technical glitches. As per the Wayfinder official Twitter handle, accessing the title is currently disabled due to server downtime or the overloaded number of active players.
Fix: Wayfinder Access to the Title is Currently Disabled
Now, if you’re also encountering the same issue at your end then don’t worry. Here we’ve shared with you possible workarounds to easily fix it. So, make sure to follow all methods until the problem has been fixed. Well, let’s dive into it.
1. Restart Wayfinder
It’s worth mentioning to simply restart the Wayfinder game after closing it properly on the PC to ensure there is no temporary cache or glitch present in the background. The chances are high that relaunching the game will fix the issue almost.
2. Wait and Log In Later Again
You should also wait for a couple of hours and try signing into the game later again which might help in resolving the access disabled issue with the game server. Try avoiding rush hours depending on your timezone and region to get higher chances of getting into the Wayfinder game easily.
3. Check for the Game Updates
Another thing you should do is to check for the game updates manually by following the steps below to ensure there is no issue with the outdated game patch version. Network errors might appear due to an outdated game version or in-game bugs which should be fixed with new patch updates.
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Right-click on Wayfinder from the list.
- Click on Manage > Select Properties.
- Now, click on the Updates tab.
- Click on Automatic Updates.
- Whenever a new update is available, click on the Update button.
- Wait for it to install and then run the game.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Head over to Library.
- Now, click on the three dots icon next to Wayfinder.
- Make sure the Auto Update option is turned on.
- Whenever the update is available, it’ll automatically install the update.
4. Verify and Repair the Game Files
Sometimes a corrupted or missing game file on the computer can also cause several issues with the game launching or matchmaking connectivity.
- Launch the Steam client > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Wayfinder from the list of installed games.
- Click on Properties > Go to the Local Files tab.
- Next, click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, restart your PC to apply changes.
- Finally, try running the game again to check for the issue.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Click on Wayfinder in the library.
- Click on the three dots of the game > Select the Manage option.
- Now, click on the Verify option > Confirm the task and wait for it to complete.
- Once done, reboot the PC to apply changes.
5. Check the Server Status
It’s always a better idea to follow the official Wayfinder Twitter account to get all the latest updates and info regarding game issues or server downtime. Recently, there was a huge spike in the server outage issue that we can’t deny. Even though the developers did roll out a server-side update to resolve the queue login issues, some players are still facing it. Therefore, you should check out the server status before jumping to any conclusions.
Wayfinders, we have a server update.
Our team is seeing great progress on the server side of things. More and more Wayfinders are able to enter the game while maintaining server stability.
•The team is continuing to increase this number until we have you all in… pic.twitter.com/952wHUUEvH
— Wayfinder (@playwayfinder) August 20, 2023
Wayfinders, server update.
We have rolled out a server side update that we believe will resolve the queue and login issues. This update is applied automatically. Thank you all so much for the patience while we got this update ready, we hope to see you in Evenor soon.
— Wayfinder (@playwayfinder) August 19, 2023
6. Whitelist the Game on the Firewall
Well, you can try whitelisting the Wayfinder program in the Windows Firewall protection by following the steps below to avoid game-launching issues in most scenarios.
- Open the Start menu > Search for Control Panel and open it.
- Go to Systems and Security > Open Windows Firewall.
- Select Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall.
- Now, click on Change settings > Select Allow another app.
- Select Browse > Click to select Wayfinder.
- Click on Add and make sure to save changes.
7. Contact the Customer Support
If none of the methods did come in handy then make sure to contact Wayfinder Support for further assistance. Provide all the necessary details and the specific issue to the support agent or create a ticket. We’re expecting that developers will try investigating the issue and improving the server-side issue.
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was helpful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.