Now the time is exceeded for Windows Update to release patches to solve bugs and enhance Windows 10 performance. Some Windows 10 users complained that they are facing the error 0x80240fff while trying to install Windows updates. This error is annoying most Windows 10 users.
The error 0x80240fff is sometimes preventing users from updating their Windows 10. The users couldn’t even find or search for a new update on Windows. If you are tired of the error 0x80240fff, we will help you to fix this error. Here we come with effective solutions to fix this error issue. Let’s discuss more about the error 0x80240fff solutions.
If you are facing the error 0x80240fff while trying to update on Windows 10, then you need to pause updates till Microsoft announces a peach for it. This is the best possible way to fix the issue. You can follow this step to pause updates.
- First, open the Setting app; press Windows Key+I
- Then select “Update & Security” and move to the right pane
- And select “Advanced Options” link
- Now move towards the “Pause Updates” region, and you have to select the “Select Date drop-down list.”
In the list, you can choose the date, but you are allowed to pause updates for only a month.
Use the Media Creation Tool:
In case you are a user of an old version Windows 10 home then, you are not capable of finding the Pause Update option on the Settings app. In this situation, you have to take a further step to fix the error 0x80240fff. You can easily handle this situation by downloading the ISO latest version to upgrade your operating system. To do so, you can follow this step.
- First of all enter into the Microsoft official page and download the Media Creation Tool
- Now, you are able to run the “Media Creation Tool.” To run this, you need to use the administration account.
- You will reach to the “License Terms” page, there you need to select “Accept.”
- Now you will go to the next page, and select “Upgrade this PC now.”
- Then select Next, now the Media Creation Tool will download and install the Windows 10 latest version.
- Keep in mind never forget to choose ‘Keep personal files and apps’; otherwise, your personal data will be eliminated.
- Then save files and close any open apps and select Install. This process may take some time.
You can use Windows Update Troubleshooter:
If any trouble happens while you try to update Windows, you can depend on Troubleshooter to solve the issue. In the situation you are encountered by an error 0x80240fff, this troubleshooter will fix Windows Update components and help to install updates successfully. Follow this step to run the troubleshooter.
- Click Windows icon on your computer
- Then select gear icon to open the Settings app
- Now select “Update & Security.”
- Then move to the left pane menu and select “Troubleshoot.”
- Next, navigate to the right pane and select “Windows Update.”
- Finally, click on the “Run the Troubleshooter.”
- In case the tool urges more actions, then you have to follow that.
Few solutions for windows 10 Pro Users:
If you come to learn how to solve the error 0x80240fff, you also need to learn how to ‘Defer upgrades’ on Windows 10. In this way, you can solve the issue by changing the server from where you downloaded updates. Follow the steps to proceed with this procedure.
Use settings app
- First, select the Windows icon and then gear icon to launch the “Settings app.”
- Then move to the right pane and select “Advanced Options” link
- And you are able to mark the box near the “Defer feature updates.”
- After completing this procedure, you need to restart your PC to make sure the changes you have made come to effect.
Use local group policy editor
- Press Windows key+R
- You can type “gpedit” in the Run dialog box and click Enter
- If you reach to the group Policy Editor move towards the left pane
- Then navigate to the Computer configuration then there to Administrative Templates to Windows Components and finally, you will reach Windows Update
In the menu at the right pane, you can see more group policies in which you need to select “Defer Upgrades and Updates” and make a double- click. There a new window will open, and you can select “Enable” the option defer upgrades and updates.
After the completion of this process, you can see two fields at the bottom of the screen. There you can select the month. Follow the instruction to continue this process;
- On the left pane, select the up and down arrows to defer upgrades (enter the number of months).
- You are able to choose the number between 1 to 8 months.
You have to notice one thing; if you request to postpone upgrades, your PC will turn to the enterprise-oriented “Current Branch for Business” (CBB) upgrade route after deviating from the consumer-level “Current Branch.” As well as when you mark the box near to the “Pause Upgrades and Updates,” you can set a temporary hold on upgrades and updates.
Anyway, there are several unexpected reasons behind the Windows update error 0x80240fff appear on Windows 10. In case your system files get corrupted, or if your PC does not update, this error may occur. The reason may be many, but this error blocks you from installing Windows updates.
After reading this article, you can quickly fix this error and can use your Windows system smoothly. You can take advantage of the solutions mentioned above to solve this problem. After reading this article, if you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.