Many Windows users have been complaining about a WLAN Autoconfig error- WLAN AutoConfig Service Not Running (Error 1067). Generally, the error starts happening when the users try to upgrade their OS version. The error prevents the users from accessing their WLAN connection.
Mostly it has been reported by Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 users. If you are someone who is also dealing with this same issue, then you have come to the right place. In this article, we will show you some simple methods that will help you in resolving this error. Go through the solutions given below and solve the error on your own.
- Reasons behind the AutoConfig Not Running Error 1067?
- Solutions to Fix the AutoConfig Not Running Error 1067 for your Windows computer:
- Solution 1: Update your Windows
- Solution 2: Fix the WLAN adapters
- Solution 3: Reset the Winsock settings
- Solution 4: Change WLAN Autoconfig to Automatic
- Solution 5: Use the Network Troubleshooter
- Solution 6: Run the System File Checker tool
- Solution 7: Run the System Restore procedure
- Solution 8: Disable your Antivirus software
- Solution 9: Reinstall the Operating System
Reasons behind the AutoConfig Not Running Error 1067?
Here’s a list of possible reasons that can create this ‘AutoConfig Not Running Error 1067’ on your Windows computer.
- Windows is outdated
- WLAN adapters are not working properly
- Corrupted Winsock settings
- Malware infection
- Corrupted system files
- Interference by third-party Antivirus software
Now that you have become aware of the possible reasons producing the error on your computer, let’s move forward to the solutions.
Solutions to Fix the AutoConfig Not Running Error 1067 for your Windows computer:
Solution 1: Update your Windows
Updating your Windows can fix many problems. If you haven’t updated your Windows for a long time, then it’s the first thing you should do to fix this error. Follow these steps given below and update your Windows.
- Press Windows key +W.
- Now, type “Updates” in the search bar.
- Then, choose the Windows Update option from the search results.
- Press the Check for updates option.
- Install all the pending updates.
- Reboot your computer. Then, see if the error is still present.
Solution 2: Fix the WLAN adapters
Sometimes the WLAN adapters become corrupted or outdated and start creating problems like the AutoConfig Not Running Error 1067. But you can fix this issue by following these steps given below.
- First, you have to uninstall the WLAN adapters. Type “device manager” in the search bar.
- Once the Device Manager window opens up, choose the Network adapters option.
- Then, locate and right-click on the WLAN adapters.
- Choose the Uninstall button.
- Now, you have to install the latest version of the drivers.
- So, go to the WLAN adapters’ manufacturer’s website and install the latest driver according to your Windows version.
- If the error comes up again, follow the next solution.
Solution 3: Reset the Winsock settings
The Winsock settings are responsible for your internet connection to work properly. If the Winsock settings get corrupted due to malware infection or any other reasons, then you won’t be able to connect to the internet. To fix this issue, you have to follow these steps given below and reset Winsock settings.
- Press Windows key +X.
- Then, click on Command Prompt (admin).
- Run the following command lines in the Command Prompt window and press Enter after each line.
netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh int ip reset reset.log hit
- Restart your Windows computer.
- Check for the error again. If the error comes up again, go to the next solution.
Solution 4: Change WLAN Autoconfig to Automatic
There is another way to solve the AutoConfig Not Running Error 1067. You can change the WLAN Autoconfig service to automatic and see if this change in settings can solve the error for you.
- In the search bar, type “services.msc” to open the services tab.
- On the right pane, find the WLAN Autoconfig option.
- Right-click on the WLAN Autoconfig and choose Properties.
- Select the General option.
- Besides the Startup type, click on the drop-down menu and choose the Automatic option.
- Click on Start.
- Then, choose Apply and click OK.
- Now, close every window and restart your computer.
- Check if the error comes up again.
Solution 5: Use the Network Troubleshooter
If the error is still causing problems with your WLAN connection, then follow these steps and learn how to use the Network Troubleshooter.
- First, open the Control Panel.
- Search for “Troubleshoot“
- Then, choose the Troubleshooting option.
- Locate the Network and Internet option.
- Choose Internet Connections.
- Now, click the Advanced option.
- Then, choose the Run as administrator option.
- Select the Next button to start the Troubleshooter. Follow on-screen instructions and fix the error.
Solution 6: Run the System File Checker tool
Another reason for the AutoConfig Not Running Error 1067 is corrupted system files. If the system files become corrupted due to possible malware infection, then you have to use the built-in System File Checker (SFC) tool and solve the issue as soon as possible.
- Press Windows key +X.
- Select the Command Prompt (admin) option.
- Now, run the following command line and press Enter.
- After the process is complete, reboot your PC.
- See if the error is still present. In case, the error continues, go to the next solution.
Solution 7: Run the System Restore procedure
As we have discussed above, the error starts happening when a user upgrades the Windows operating system version. So, to solve the error, you can perform a system restore procedure.
Note: This procedure can erase your files. That’s why you need to back up your important files and data before attempting this solution.
- Open the Control Panel.
- You can find the Recovery option in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select the Open System Restore option.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the procedure. Your computer will now start into an earlier point in time before the error happened.
Solution 8: Disable your Antivirus software
Sometimes your third-party Antivirus software becomes overprotective and blocks the internet connection. In order to fix the issue, you can choose to disable the Antivirus software temporarily. Thereafter see if the error comes up again.
Solution 9: Reinstall the Operating System
If none of the above-mentioned solutions worked for your case, then you have to reinstall your operating system. It’s a long and complicated process. It can also remove your important data and saved files. So, make sure you backup everything before carrying out this step.
We can’t imagine spending a single day without the internet. Starting from your work to watching Netflix, everything depends on good internet connection. When the WLAN connection stops providing, the internet it could be really frustrating.
Don’t worry because we have provided you with some effective solutions to resolve the AutoConfig Not Running Error 1067. After going through the solutions, you must have developed some idea about how to solve the error. We hope you become successful in solving the error and start using your WLAN connection again. If you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.