Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty is from KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD. which is a historical fantasy souls-like action role-playing video game released in March 2023. Although this game isn’t longest enough, it has a decent length that obviously left players in splits if they don’t save the game progress at specific checkpoints. But recently several players are experiencing issues with the Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Progress Not Saving Problem on the PC which is frustrating a lot.
Now, if you’re also one of the victims to encounter such an issue then make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide to resolve it. Unfortunately, there is no direct save option available in Wo Long Fallen Dynasty that everyone looks for. Team Ninja and Koei Tecmo didn’t offer a simple easy way to save the game progress data for the players which is a bit of a letdown in 2023. Meanwhile, devs have provided a slightly awkward method to save the game progress.
So, you’ll basically need to locate a Battle Flag in the gameplay and interact with it. So, either you’ll need to interact with it using the ‘Rest’ feature to save your progress or it’ll automatically save the progress while interacting. But obviously, there is no shortcut method or keymapping available right now to do so. If in case, you quit the game without locating and interacting with a Battle Flag then you’ll be going to spawn at the previously interacted Battle Flag which can cause losing the progress if not a recent one.
Fix Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Progress Not Saving Problem
It’s also unfortunate that recently Wo Long Fallen Dynasty players are unable to save the game progress data due to some unexpected reasons. Luckily, here we’ve shared a couple of possible workarounds for you that should come in handy. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Reboot the Game
First of all, you should restart the Wo Long Fallen Dynasty game on your PC to ensure there is no issue with the glitch or cache data.
2. Run the Game as an Administrator
Make sure to run the game app file on your PC as administrator access to allow the User Account Control (UAC) access to the system. Sometimes, your system requires UAC access permission to run a program which is quite important. By following the steps below, you’ll have to allow the admin access for once, and it won’t ask you for the same again. To do so:
- Go to the installed Wo Long Fallen Dynasty game directory.
- Right-click on the application file on your PC.
- Click on Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to enable it.
- Once done, click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
- Finally, double-click on the game app file to launch it.
If you’re running the game via Steam, perform the same steps for the Steam application too.
3. Update Wo Long Fallen Dynasty
We should also recommend you manually check for the game update at your end via the Steam client to ensure there is no outdated game version conflicting with the game launching. An outdated game patch version can trigger several potential issues that might trigger crashes. To do this:
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on Wo Long Fallen Dynasty from the left pane.
- Steam will automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, click on Update.
- Make sure to wait for some time until the update completes.
- Once done, ensure to reboot the PC to apply changes.
4. Verify and Repair Game Files
It’s needless to say that issues with corrupted or missing game files on the PC might encounter game launching crashes a lot without any proper error message in some cases. If in case, your game starts to load for a few seconds and then closes automatically or doesn’t launch at all then it’s better to verify and repair the installed game files on the PC by following the steps below:
- Launch the Steam client > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Wo Long Fallen Dynasty from the list.
- Click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Wait for this process to complete.
- Once done, reboot the PC to apply changes.
5. Delete Game Saves
Another thing you should do is just delete the game saves data from the game directory on the PC by following the steps below to avoid corrupted game saves issues. Make sure to delete the saved file to check if the problem still persists or not.
- Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialogue box.
- Type %UserProfile%/Documents/KoeiTecmo/Wolong/Savedata on the field and hit Enter.
- Now, take a backup of that folder using the Steam ID in the folder > Then Delete it.
- Once done, run the game.
6. Disable the Antivirus Program
Make sure to turn off the Windows Defender antivirus program on your PC to ensure there is no antivirus software blocking the game files. To do so:
- Press the Win+I keys to open Settings.
- Click on Update & Security > Click on Windows Security.
- Click on Open Windows Security > Go to Virus & threat protection.
- Now, click on Manage settings > Just Turn Off the Real-time protection toggle.
- If prompted, click on Yes to proceed further.
Please Note: If you’re using any other third-party antivirus program on your PC then ensure to turn it off from its settings menu.
7. Reinstall the Game
If none of the workarounds come in handy for you, try reinstalling the game to check whether the problem has been fixed or not. Some reports claiming that uninstalling and reinstalling the game did fix the issue for multiple players. To do that:
- Launch the Steam client on your PC.
- Now, go to Library > Right-click on the Wo Long Fallen Dynasty.
- Head over to Manage > Select Uninstall.
- If prompted, click on Uninstall again and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
- Once done, make sure to reboot your computer to apply changes immediately.
- Open the Steam client again and install the game again using the existing Steam account.
- You’re done. Enjoy!
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.