Keeping your home secure is not an optional thing. It is always there in our minds. Hence, we use electronic products like Wyze Doorbell to track movement around our house. But, it becomes stressful when the product fails to do so. Many users on the Reddit forum and Wyze support have reported that the Wyze Doorbell has stopped working. Some even face continuous rebooting. If you also face such errors, stick to this article as we’ll go through all the possible fixes to Wyze Doorbell’s stopped working or keeps rebooting problem.
Possible Workarounds on Fixing Wyze Doorbell Stopped Working / Keeps Rebooting Problem
There could be various reasons why your Wyze Doorbell has stopped working. It could be due to an outdated Wyze app, internet connectivity problem, improper setup, or hardware-related problem. Let’s now get to the troubleshooting steps.
1. Properly Setup Wyze Doorbell
If your Wyze Doorbell is not working just after you have set up the device, it’s most likely that the device is not properly set up. If are confident about the installation steps, you can move to the next step.
Here’s how to set up Wyze Doorbell:
- Install Wyze Doorbell on your door.
- Download the Wyze app on your phone and open it.
- Select Home.
- Tap the “+” (plus) icon at the top-left of the screen.
- Select Add Device.
- Click on Cameras and select Wyze Doorbell.
- Tap on the Next button.
- Check the box to confirm that you have an existing doorbell and other tools.
- Tap on Next.
- Click on Ready to Connect.
- Activate location settings.
- In the Wyze app, scan the QR code present on your Wyze Doorbell to link it to the Wyze app.
- Check the box next to “I heard QR code scanned” and tap on Next.
- Again, tap Next and check for a blue light on the doorbell.
- Click Next.
Now, you need to active Wyze Chime on your doorbell.
- Select Add Wyze Chime option in the Wyze app.
- Click Next.
- Connect the chime to a power outlet.
- Press the button located at the bottom until you see blue light flashes three times.
- Click on Finish and you are done.
2. Update the Wyze App on Your Phone
Outdated applications can cause various problems to your phone as well as to the device it is linked to. The latest software version contains fixes to all bugs and issues that have been discovered in the past. Hence, it’s always recommended to install the latest update.
Here’s how to do it:
- On an Android phone, open Google Play Store. iPhone users need to open the App Store.
- Search “Wyze” and tap on the app.
- Click on the Update button and wait for the Wyze app to get updated. If you don’t see the Update button, the app already has the latest version.
You can also download the latest version using the Wyze app. Open the app on your phone, tap on the gear icon, click on Device Info, and click on Firmware version.
3. Power Cycle the Doorbell and Network
There could be a connectivity issue due to which your Wyze Doorbell is not working. To fix this, you need to power cycle the doorbell and network. It refreshes the connection with the router which might help in gaining a strong network strength.
Here’s how to power cycle your Wyze Doorbell:
- Flip the breaker and power the doorbell to its “Off” position.
- Wait for 10 seconds.
- Turn the switch back to its “On” position.
To power cycle your network, unplug the router for 10 seconds and then plug it back. This might help in fixing connectivity-related problems.
4. Factory Reset Your Wyze Doorbell
If none of the methods have worked out for you, factory reset is the last thing you can try before reaching out to Wyze support. It completely reset the device which should fix all the software-related problems. Before doing this, submit a log to Wyze support and take a note of the app log ID. It will help Wyze support staff to provide you with quick solutions.
To submit a log, open the Wyze app, tap on Wyze Doorbell, tap on the settings icon, select Wyze Support and click on Submit a log. Now, select Doorbell and click on Connectivity Issues.
Here’s how to perform a factory reset on your Wyze Doorbell:
- Press in on the doorbell and push it up at the same time to remove it from the backplate.
- Press and hold the setup button on the backplate until the status light turns solid yellow.
- Release the setup button and wait for the light to start flashing.
- Once the light starts flashing, remount the doorbell on the backplate.
- Setup the doorbell from scratch.
Did you manage to fix the problems with your Wyze Doorbell? Share your thoughts in the comments below.