Affinity Photo is an excellent professional photo editing platform that is compatible with Windows, Mac OS, and iOS. It is considered one of the best Adobe Photoshop alternatives that you can try to edit beautiful photos. And it is also compatible with Adobe PSD file format. Although the platform is compatible with the latest Windows OS, many users are experiencing Affinity Photo crashing on Windows 11 problem. This problem is mainly occurring to users who have recently downloaded the Windows 11 update.
That said, is there any available fix to the crashing problem? Luckily there is, and this post is all about that. Here, we are going to talk about how to fix the Affinity Photo crashing on Windows 11 problem. So, without any further ado, let’s begin.
- Reasons Behind Affinity Photo Crashing on Windows 11
- Fix: Affinity Photo Crashing on Windows 11
- Final Words
Reasons Behind Affinity Photo Crashing on Windows 11
There can be several reasons why affinity photo is crashing on the latest Microsoft OS, Windows 11. But among all, below mentioned are some of the main culprits triggering the problem.
- Affinity Photo is a graphics-oriented application, and it needs enough system resources to offer its services. So, in case there are lots of other applications opened in the background, you are most likely to face a crashing problem with Affinity Photo.
- An outdated or corrupted graphics driver can also trigger the crashing problem.
- Like any other application, Affinity Photo also has its own font cache. So, in case, you have stored a lot of Affinity Photo cache font, then you will probably face the crashing problem on Windows 11.
- Affinity Photo will be crashing on Windows 11 if you have added problematic plugins.
- Corrupted Affinity Photo preference settings can also be the main reason causing the problem.
- If you haven’t downloaded the latest Windows 11 patch update, then you are most likely to face a crashing issue with the application.
Doesn’t matter which of the above-mentioned issue is causing the problem in your PC, just go through the below-mentioned workarounds to solve the problem.
Fix: Affinity Photo Crashing on Windows 11
Here are the different workarounds you can try to fix the Affinity Photo crashing on Windows 11 problem.
Fix 1: End All Necessary Tasks
As mentioned, Affinity Photo is one such application that needs lots of system resources to offer its services. So, in case, you have a low-end PC, still, have kept a lot of applications opened in the background, you are most likely to face a crashing problem with Affinity Photo. To fix the problem, you will have to close all the unnecessary applications running in the background. So, here are the steps you need to follow.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc shortcut key to open Task Manager on Windows 11.
- In Task Manager Windows you can see all the applications that are running in the background.
- Close all the unnecessary applications by selecting them, followed by “End task”.
Now, refresh your Windows 11 PC. Open Affinity Photo and check if the problem is fixed or not.
Fix 2: Download Latest Graphics Driver
Again, Affinity Photo is a graphics-oriented application, therefore, it will consume a lot of graphical memory of the system. In case, if you haven’t updated the graphics drivers for a long time, then the probability is high that you are going to face a crashing issue with the application. So, here are the steps you need to follow to download the latest graphics driver on your PC.
- Press the Windows key to open the Start Menu.
- In the search bar, type “Device Manager” and press enter.
- The device manager window will pop up.
- Expand the “Display Adaptor” option by double-tapping on it.
- Now, right-click on the Intel HD Graphics, and select Update Driver.
- Lastly, choose the “Search automatically for driver” option to initiate the update process.
Once updated, restart Affinity Photo, and check if the problem is fixed or not. If not, move on to the next workaround.
Fix 3: Delete Affinity Photo Font Cache
Another workaround you can try to get rid of the Affinity Photo crashing problem on Windows 11 is to clear its font cache. So, here are the steps you need to follow to clear the Affinity Photo font cache in Windows 11.
- To begin with, close Affinity Photo from the background using the Task Manager.
- Navigate to File Explorer on your Windows 11 PC by pressing the Windows + E shortcut key.
- Now, head towards the below-mentioned path.
- Look for the “CT Font Cache” folder. Once found, right-click on it and select delete.
Now, relaunch the Affinity Photo application, and check if the problem is fixed or not. If yes, you are good to go. However, if the problem continues, move on to the next workaround.
Fix 4: Reset Affinity Photo
Reset Affinity Photo is a great way to fix the crashing problem on Windows 11. But make sure you have backed-up all the settings in a drive before getting into this workaround. So, here are the steps you need to follow to reset Affinity Photo.
- Open Affinity Studio on your PC.
- Click on View > Studio > Reset Studio
That’s it. You have finally reset Affinity Photo on Windows 11. This will clear any kinds of bugs and glitches that were revolving around the application. Relaunch Affinity Photo, and check if the crashing problem is fixed or not.
Fix 5: Download Latest Windows and Affinity Photo Update
If you haven’t downloaded the latest patch of Windows 11 or Affinity Photo then you are most likely to face the crashing problem. To fix the problem, you will have to download the latest version of both programs. So, here are the steps you need to follow.
Download Windows 11 Latest Version
- Open Windows 11 Settings by pressing Windows + I shortcut key.
- Click on Windows Update present at the left panel of the screen.
- Select the “check for updates” option.
- Windows will check if there is any update available or not. If yes, it will automatically start downloading the update.
Once updated, restart your PC, and check whether Affinity Photo crashing on Windows 11 problem is solved or not. If not, then it indicates that you need to download the latest Affinity Photo update.
You can download the latest Affinity Photo update by visiting its official website. Or, you can even try different program updater applications present in the market.
Fix 6: Perform SFC Scan
If none of the above-mentioned workarounds helped you in solving the problem, then it’s a strong indication that your system has some corrupted files. Corrupted system files can cause different problems including Affinity Photo crashing on Windows 11. The best way to get rid of such corrupted files is to perform an SFC scan. It is a built-in utility tool that is available in all Windows versions by default. It not only get rid of corrupted files but also solves the missing system files problem.
Nevertheless, here are the steps you need to follow to get rid of the Affinity Photo crashing problem on Windows using SFC scan.
- Press the Windows key to open the start menu.
- In the search bar, type command prompt and select “Run as administrator”.
- The command prompt window will pop up.
- In the search bar, type the below-mentioned code and press enter.
Windows will take a few minutes to execute the command. Once completed, restart your system. Now, relaunch Affinity Photo and you will see that you are no longer facing the crashing problem.
Fix 7: Contact Customer Care
The chances are very low, but if you are still facing the problem, the only solution left with you is to contact customer care. Navigate to the affinity photo official forums via this link. You will have to write down the problem you are facing with the application on Windows 11. Most probably, you will get a response from the professionals within a few hours.
This was how to fix Affinity Photo crashing on Windows 11. As there isn’t any specific workaround available for the problem you might have to go through all the fixes and stick with the one that does the job for you. Nevertheless, feel free to comment down any other solution that you think will be useful in the situation.