After waiting for a couple of months of the beta testing program, Google did finally release the much-awaited Android 12 update as a successor to Android 11. Currently, it’s the latest Android OS which is more stable and performance-centric than its predecessor. Even after having plenty of features and improvements, it seems that several players are reporting about the Android 12 Video Not Working or Playing issue no matter which application they’re using.
As per multiple reports, plenty of players are also getting affected by the crashing or not playing issue while trying to launch any video on the browser. Sometimes issues with the software, hardware-related, etc may trigger such an issue. Well, if you’re also one of the victims to encounter such an issue then you can follow this troubleshooting guide completely. Luckily, there are a couple of possible workarounds mentioned below that should work for you.
Fix: Android 12 Video Not Working or Playing
Apart from the Android 12 running Google Pixel models, it looks like other Android 12 running devices are also having the same issue. To be precise, such an issue can be fixed completely by updating the particular app or clearing cache data, updating the device software, uninstalling and reinstalling the problematic app on Android 12.
1. Clear App Cache and Data
First of all, you should clear the video app cache data on your Android 12 device to refresh the app’s temporary glitch. A corrupted app cache data on the device can cause several issues like crashing, not working, not playing content, etc. You can follow the steps below.
- Open the Settings app on your Android 12 device.
- Go to Apps & Notifications > Tap on See all apps.
- Scroll down the list of installed apps and search for the video app.
- Tap on Video and go to App Info.
- Tap on Storage & cache > Tap on Clear cache.
- Next, tap on Clear storage and confirm the task (if prompted).
- Finally, check if the video is working properly or not.
2. Update the Video app
It’s also worth recommending updating the video app on your Android 12 device periodically whenever available to be on track. An outdated app version may trigger several problems and cause unintended behaviors during daily usage. It’s better to update the video app to the latest version by following the steps below:
- Open the Google Play Store app > Tap on the three-dots icon at the top-right corner. [profile icon]
- Go to My apps & games > Here you’ll find out the Video app if there is an update available.
- Tap on Update next to specific app > It’ll automatically install the update.
- Once updated to the latest version, launch the video app, and check for the issue again.
3. Update the Device Software
Sometimes issues with the outdated device system can also conflict with multiple problems with the app launching or performance whatsoever. You should always keep your device software up-to-date to improve stability and fix bugs. To do so:
- Go to the Settings menu on your device > Tap on System.
- Select Advanced > Here you’ll be able to see System or About Phone. [According to the device model]
- Tap on System Update or Software Update. [According to the device model]
- If there is an update available, it’ll notify you instantly.
- If so, just download and install the pending software update on your device completely.
- Once done, the device system will reboot automatically to apply changes.
- Finally, you should be able to run the video app on your Android 12 device without any issues.
4. Reinstall the Video app
If none of the methods worked for you then try uninstalling and reinstalling the Video app on your Android 12 device by following the steps below:
- Open the Google Play Store app > Search for the respective Video app from the search bar.
- Tap on the Video app from the search result > Once you’re inside the video app store page, tap on Uninstall.
- If prompted, tap on Uninstall again to confirm the task.
- Now, the app should be uninstalled completely. Then launch the Google Play Store app and reboot the device.
- Open the Google Play Store app again > Search for the Video app.
- Next, tap on the specific video app to open the app store page.
- You should tap on Install and wait for the app to be installed on your handset completely.
- Finally, tap on Open to launch the Video app to check for the not working or not playing issue.
That’s it, guys. We assume you’ve found this guide useful. For further queries, you can comment below.