Starting off, if you’re digging into the COD BOCW Zombies mode then you may not gonna survive for too long until you’re getting helped in the gameplay. Zombies gameplay always seems pretty much interesting and horror as well due to the accidental arrival of zombies and the quicker damage from them. Somehow Black Ops Cold War players are getting into trouble while trying to set up the local split-screen parties. Now, if you’re also one of the victims, you should check out how to Fix the Black Ops Cold War Zombies Split Screen Issue.
Most importantly, the zombie mode is always fun with the friends as we’ve mentioned help is required. As of now, only the PlayStation console players are able to access the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Zombies split-screen and the multiplayer mode also. Players can be only invited to the local lobby. However, the lobby leader can’t start the multiplayer game by any means. Meanwhile, players are also getting a warning notice that says “the selected playlist does no support your current party configuration. Please remove all split-screen players from your party to continue.”
Fix Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War Fatal Error Crash on Windows 11/10
Fix: Black Ops Cold War Stuck on Compiling Shaders
Fix: COD Black Ops Cold War Crashing Error Code 0xc0000005
Fix: COD Black Ops Cold War Stuttering, Lags, or Freezing constantly
Fix: Black Ops Cold War: Zombies Split Screen Issue
Now, the particular lack of split-screen issue is frustrating to plenty of players according to the reports on Twitter. It’s also worth noted that one player has literally signed and set up his own petition on the Change.org platform and urging Treyarch & Activision to add 4 players split-screen to Black Ops Cold War Zombies. The 1,000 signed petition requirement is almost getting full at the time of writing this article.
Luckily we have a fix for both the PS4 and PS5 affected players while activating the split-screen in the Zombies mode. So, without wasting any more time, let’s get into it. All you need is to activate the split-screen mode on your PS4/PS5 console. To do this:
- First of all, you’ll need to connect a 2nd controller to your console.
- Then log in to a different name by using another account.
- Now, head over to the Multiplayer menu in the Black Ops Cold War Zombies.
- Finally, press the X button on your controller to activate the split-screen mode in the Zombies.
- You’re good to go.
Although some of the users may get an error notice like “You need PlayStation Plus to access this feature”. Now, if in case, you’re getting this error message then you’ll need to follow the steps below:
- So, once you get the error, press the OK button > Press the X button on your controller again to try activating the split-screen mode in the Zombies game.
Now, you may receive another new error notice something like “This content cannot be selected at this time”. So, just skip it and press the OK button. Then press the X button on your controller again to check whether the split-screen has been activated or not.
We hope that method should work for you. However, if in case, the method didn’t suit you then make sure to check out the following method.
Steps to Fix the Split Screen Problem
Thanks to a Redditor (Bloodwink) for sharing a possible workaround that should come in handy for a lot of affected players.
- User 1 requires to add User 2 to their friend list
- Then press the A button on the controller in the game as User 1
- Next, log in as User 2 > User 1 can now invite User 2 to their multiplayer mode
- Enter Zombies mode as User 1 and exit the game
- Now, User 1 can now open the social menu on the PSN (PlayStation Network)
- Finally, allow User 2 to quickly join into your game
Make sure to follow the above steps properly to enable the split-screen mode. Well, if the problem still persists, we’ll recommend you to report about it to the Activision team by tagging Treyarch as well.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this guide pretty helpful. Feel free to ask in the comment below for additional queries.