Emergency Download (EDL) mode is also known as USB Diagnostic Mode. It’s a Qualcomm specific feature that allows you to recover data from an Android device. It also performs tasks like unbricking the handset, flashing firmware files, etc. Now, if you’re a ZTE Blade A6 device user and want to boot ZTE Blade A6 into USB Diagnostic Mode [EDL], check out the easy and simple steps below.
Meanwhile, you can also enable Qualcomm USB Diagnostic Mode to change the IMEI number on your Qualcomm device or repair the baseband of your phone by using the QPST tool. It’s worth mentioning that according to the device model, the method of enabling USB Diagnostic Mode can vary.
Now, before heading over to the main guide, let’s take a quick look at the device overview below.
ZTE Blade A6 Specifications: Overview
The handset was launched back in September 2017 with a 5.2-inches IPS LCD display, HD+ 720×1280 pixels resolution, Android 7.1 Nougat over MiFavor 4.2 skin. It’s equipped with an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 SoC, Adreno 505 GPU, 3GB RAM, 32GB ROM, supports hybrid MicroSD card slot for the storage expansion.
It has a 13MP rear camera setup with AF, Panorama, HDR, an LED flash, etc. The device packs a 5MP selfie camera with a selfie flash as well. It features a 3.5mm audio jack, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, FM Radio, MicroUSB 2.0, USB OTG, etc.
The handset packs a 5,000mAh battery with 10W battery charging. It sports a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, compass sensor, etc.
Steps to Boot ZTE Blade A6 into USB Diagnostic Mode [EDL]
Before going to the steps, let’s follow all the requirements and download links below.
- This guide is only for the ZTE Blade A6 model.
- Your device should be charged more than 60% at least.
- Make sure to take a full backup at first.
- Download the required files or tools or drivers from the link below.
- You will require a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
EDL Mode Guide:
- Connect your device to the PC via a USB cable.
- Make sure that the Qualcomm driver is already installed on your PC.
- USB Debugging should be enabled on your phone as well.
- Go to the downloaded ADB and Fastboot tool > Install it on the PC.
- Switch off your phone > press and hold the Volume Down + Power button together until the fastboot mode will appear on the screen.
- Head over to the installed ADB folder > press Shift button on the keyboard + right-click on the mouse > select Open Command Window.
- Now, type and hit enter the following command
Adb reboot edl
- That’s it. The handset will reboot into the EDL mode or the USB Diagnostic Mode.
We hope that you’ve found this guide helpful and now your ZTE Blade A6 is ready to flash firmware or unbrick or change the IMEI number. Do you’ve any queries? Feel free to ask in the comments below.